The Switchblade act of 1958.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
steeljustice

The Switchblade act of 1958.

Post by steeljustice »

Sixty four years ago one of the dumbest knife laws the United States ever got passed (*EDITED*) The Switchblade act of 1958.

Even as many states have today made buying selling and shipping these Auto Knives, we must still understand there still on the Federal books as not legal for non law enforcement to buy and carry.

As Spyderco along with many other companies Mfg. Auto Knives i feel we must do everything we can to get this "Mistake" removed from our Federal Law.

As many people have learned the hard way when shipping an Auto Knife back for repair, and the postal people flag it a an auto Knife, it get confiscated and they are out their knife.

This also happens sometimes when police find them on people, even in states that have made them legal, people still have to go through many small steps to get their knives returned and many times they just can't.

Back in 2018 after reading the story in Blade Magazine in regards to this item, i contacted my Congress Man, to ask for the Switchblade act of 1958 to be removed from Federal Law he said he thought it should be removed and would look into it, but as of this date nothing has happened in removing it.

So i am asking all forum members to again contact their Congress Members, asking them to do everything they can to get this Switchblade act of 1958 removed from Federal Law.
TazKristi

Re: The Switchblade act of 1958.

Post by TazKristi »

steeljustice wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:12 pm
Sixty four years ago one of the dumbest knife laws the United States ever got passed (*EDITED*) The Switchblade act of 1958.
Hi, steeljustice:
I can appreciate your passion, but I've moved this into our Off-Topic area since it's not directly about Spyderco products. I would strongly suggest that you visit https://kniferights.org/ to learn more about efforts related to knife laws around the U.S.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
steeljustice

Re: The Switchblade act of 1958.

Post by steeljustice »

Thank you Kristy.