Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
abbazaba

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by abbazaba »

Very nice! With those big custom fit washers and massive pivot bolt, the Inkosi feels more like a fixed blade in use than most folding knives. All while being basically a two screw design. I love the simplicity of single standoff knives.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Suck a great knife! Congrats!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

So after spending some time with this knife I have to concur that the Inkosi with Insingo is probably in my top 5 knives. While the only Spyderco that I have that I compare it to is the Drunken, I just can’t quite put into words why I like it more. I wish I could take my favorites from both knives and mash them together but that’s out of my hands.

Both the Inkosi and Drunken needed clip replacements, while the Inkosi went from good to great, the Drunken went from bad to a polished turd.

I’m now on a quest for the perfect Zaan and 31!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Can everyone recommend a replacement clip for the Inkosi? Dazen, which clip is that?

I've been on the hunt for my first CRK, preferably an Insingo Inkosi with Micarta, and finally grabbed one after it was posted in this thread (you're a bunch of enablers, BTW). It arrived today, and I'm already thinking about clip replacement...
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:44 pm
Can everyone recommend a replacement clip for the Inkosi? Dazen, which clip is that?

I've been on the hunt for my first CRK, preferably an Insingo Inkosi with Micarta, and finally grabbed one after it was posted in this thread (you're a bunch of enablers, BTW). It arrived today, and I'm already thinking about clip replacement...

Mine is the Lynch Flat Top Clip. I emailed him and he was VERY responsive about doing a custom clip that was sandblasted and anodized. It took about a week to get directly from him, which I highly recommend.

You can also tell from my pic that I used my knife a great deal before I got the new clip by the mark the original clip left. So I would change it soon if you are.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
RLR

Post by RLR »

The only way to go
76502552-B536-46C8-B635-63DD513EB790.jpeg
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Casey really is one of the best guys to buy stuff from, or even chat with about ideas. I have a Lynch flat deep carry clip that works ok (it's a little too stiff and hard to use), and an MXG deep carry clip that works awesome but looks meh on a CRK IMO. The Lynch was from the prototype launch so maybe they have a better ramp and are more thinned out now?

While I may prefer deep carry, the CRK clip is one of the best ever made. It's a pleasure to use, has great retention, easy to adjust the tension, and nothing looks as good as the stock clip on a CRK IMO.

Lynch:

MXG:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree. I've always found aftermarket clips to look out of place on a CRK compared to other knives. No idea why, but I just do.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RLR

Post by RLR »

Clipless in 5th pocket for a small. With the clip insert the knife looks and feels even better.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Some models need new clips IMHO. PM2 with it's big butt, I like deep carry. G10 Manix I like deep carry (LW is great as is). Others I like factory. I love the factory clip on the Inkosi. Angled just right to hug the seam of your pants. The finish looks great and blends in. And great retention. That is just my opinion, but I really love it as is.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I’ve been meaning to buy a deep carry clip for my Sebenza but haven’t yet. The $70 price tag is a bit easier to second-guess.

I do find myself carrying other knives instead of the Sebenza sometimes - partially because of the deep carry clips - but man does it still see a fair amount of pocket time.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks like DLT has some 31's with the polished finish in stock.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Still got this one. Pretty happy with it. Weather is getting cooler so wearing pants with knives makes sense.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Nice!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Guys, I think I'm officially old.

I saw a Facebook post about an upcoming exclusive run of Sebenza 31s Inkosis. The post was from a knife shop in Ft. Worth, Texas. The scales are Blue Denim Micarta, and the thumbstud, lanyard pin, and lanyard bead are all anodized blue. I believe they're taking pre-orders now.

Sounds like one heck of a knife, and thought I'd share here in case it scratches anybody's itch. Only one problem: totally can't find the post in any of the CRK groups I'm in. :woozy
Last edited by kennethsime on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:19 pm

I saw a Facebook post about an upcoming exclusive run of Sebenza 31s. The post was from a knife shop in Ft. Worth, Texas. The scales are Blue Denim Micarta, and the thumbstud, lanyard pin, and lanyard bead are all anodized blue. I believe they're taking pre-orders now.

Sounds like one heck of a knife, and thought I'd share here in case it scratches anybody's itch. Only one problem: totally can't find the post in any of the CRK groups I'm in. :woozy
House of blades
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe it's because I've gotten most of mine at used prices, but I'm pretty sure the new CRK pricing is going to keep me away... $705 for the large inkosi. Not sure what it will be for the 31. https://houseofblades.com/?s=blue+denim+micarta
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Selling my Large 31 with the Box Elder inlays for $550 sure feels like I got ripped off now! Should have held out another 2 weeks :steam-nose

-Rick
James Y

Post by James Y »

I last bought a CRK in 2016. I already have all the CRKs that I want. Price-wise, looks like that's a great position to be in.

Jim
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

SG89 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:45 am
kennethsime wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:19 pm

I saw a Facebook post about an upcoming exclusive run of Sebenza 31s. The post was from a knife shop in Ft. Worth, Texas. The scales are Blue Denim Micarta, and the thumbstud, lanyard pin, and lanyard bead are all anodized blue. I believe they're taking pre-orders now.

House of blades
Man, great catch SpyderGirl! I was hoping someone with the info would share here.