Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by TkoK83Spy »

GPknives has some night sky graphic 31's! But...their left handed. They come out with this in right hand, I will be getting one, no questions asked!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

😭 The is a terrible hobby.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

You should be able score one on the bladeforums exchange pretty easily. One just sold there yesterday and I sold one about a month ago... They come up pretty often.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JSumm wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:51 am

😭 The is a terrible hobby.
Yep. It's why I only set my sights on a PJ. One and done and I'm happy with it.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:06 am
You should be able score one on the bladeforums exchange pretty easily. One just sold there yesterday and I sold one about a month ago... They come up pretty often.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out. I have not participated in BFs, so not to familiar with it, but I will give it a look.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

There's some tanto Zaans available on ebay, 6 in stock at 499. If they were drop point I'd have purchased one already.

Edit: I caved in to my own "peer pressure" (oxymoron?) and just ordered one.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Very nice! I've wanted to try a tanto Zaan but ended up with an inkosi for cheap. It definitely looks badass, but using it as an EDC takes some adjustment.

Still considering sending in my Zaan for the new glass blast, but erasing years of snail trails kinda feels like deleting vacation photos.

Pic of my tanto from yesterday
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:17 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Thanks, I will keep an eye out. I have not participated in BFs, so not to familiar with it, but I will give it a look.
Check out the seller action concepts on eBay, they may have some. They only sell online but are here in Austin…
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

prndltech wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:38 am
JSumm wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
Check out the seller action concepts on eBay, they may have some. They only sell online but are here in Austin…
Thanks Shannon! I looked through their stuff. I got an incredible offer from a forum friend as well. I did look on CRKs website last night. They have a dealer within 30 minutes from me. They have some inventory, so I'm going to go get a Sebenza and Inkosi in hand to see how they feel. I'm also going to be at Blade Show for the first day in two weeks. Not sure what inventory they typically have on hand, but I hear it goes fast.

So all this to say, I am frighteningly closer to needing that spare bed.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:49 am
prndltech wrote:
JSumm wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
Thanks Shannon! I looked through their stuff. I got an incredible offer from a forum friend as well. I did look on CRKs website last night. They have a dealer within 30 minutes from me. They have some inventory, so I'm going to go get a Sebenza and Inkosi in hand to see how they feel. I'm also going to be at Blade Show for the first day in two weeks. Not sure what inventory they typically have on hand, but I hear it goes fast.

Hahahaha!

That’s probably the best way to do it, but you’ll end up with both, eventually 😁
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

prndltech wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:14 am
JSumm wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:49 am
prndltech wrote:
JSumm wrote:

Hahahaha!

That’s probably the best way to do it, but you’ll end up with both, eventually 😁
Man, I'm already nervous. Probably walk out with a Sebenza drop point. Then down the rode you will hear me saying, I really need that Insingo Blade on an Inkosi.

Lord, I haven't even got one and I'm thinking about 2.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:39 am
Lord, I haven't even got one and I'm thinking about 2.
Well, I’ve got 4 so…
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Fresh small PJ ready for work
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Alright, so going to the store to get some in hand was a terrible mistake. Now I'm stuck with this guy.

I decided against the inlays this time. I really wanted a nice worn titanium handle. Came home to a downed limb. And my wife wanting the trampoline net and pad replaced. She also left me with some Costco boxes to cut up so I have been busy getting to know the Inkosi.

This is me happy cutting up a large limb with an Inkosi in my pocket.

Special thanks to Rick for his patience with all my questions. Special thanks to Shannon for the bed offer. And thanks to everyone here for their patience and "encouragement"?
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

JSumm wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:51 pm
Alright, so going to the store to get some in hand was a terrible mistake. Now I'm stuck with this guy.
Congrats! It's really hard to beat a plain Jane titanium handle. Enjoy that knife!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Congratulations on a great choice!
So it goes.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Knifeart has new drop of small pj Inkosi and large pj 31s.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:51 pm
Special thanks to Rick for his patience with all my questions. Special thanks to Shannon for the bed offer. And thanks to everyone here for their patience and "encouragement"?
Dude… yes!!!! Is it in s45vn?

Being the owner of multiple micarta inlayed sebenzas and one plain jane, I can confirm there is something special about both. If I had to pick just one, it would likely be a plain handled sebenza. It’s just easier to clean after working in the shop.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Great choice, and thanks for the picture story! What was the runner up?