Which new tool did you buy or use today?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: Which new tool did you buy or use today?

Post by murphjd25 »

Nice bench grinder! I’m looking at a new welder, not sure which direction I want to go yet.
Josh
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

RevMike wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Just got this sweet new 8" Dayton Bench Grinder. It's my first digital and a big step up from the no-name/last-leg 6" that I had.

That thing looks awesome Mike! What is up first for the grinder?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

RevMike wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Just got this sweet new 8" Dayton Bench Grinder. It's my first digital and a big step up from the no-name/last-leg 6" that I had.

Whaaaaaa? DIGITAL bench grinder? Like... you get to adjust the speed? I NEED that!

I have one good 8" pedestal grinder and a 6" China Special that vibrates so badly that it's hard to do precise work on it. Maybe it's time to get rid of the junker and replace it with something like you have.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

JSumm wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:36 am
That thing looks awesome Mike! What is up first for the grinder?
I mostly use the wire wheel to clean up threads on bolts and pipe fittings which I do quite a bit of trying to keep an 80 year old boat running. I did use the grinding wheel today to modify a standard NPT plug tap into a bottoming tap. I'm sure someone has those for pipe thread but I don't so I had to make one.
RustyIron wrote: Whaaaaaa? DIGITAL bench grinder? Like... you get to adjust the speed? I NEED that!
Yes. Just like that. 3 buttons for 900, 1800, and 3600rpm and adjustable in increments of 100 in between.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.