Remembering Pearl Harbor 1941-2021 80th Anniversary

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SkullBouncer

Remembering Pearl Harbor 1941-2021 80th Anniversary

Post by SkullBouncer »

This thread is in observance and contemplation on this, the 80th year mark since that sunny morning at Pearl Harbor, December 7th, 1941 when we were attacked by Imperial Japan, on "A Date Which Will Live In Infamy," to quote then- President Franklin D. Roosevelt at this critical period in American and inclusively international world history.

And so, the United States of America was drawn into World War Two in the pacific theater.

For me, being active in the VFW, it is an honor to connect with and share on days like these with other vets -- combat and otherwise -- and remembering to include those who've paid the ultimate price. Yes, there are still WWII vets alive, but the numbers are dwindling faster every day. Also remembering and honoring POWs and MIAs today -- and beyond.

And so I say Thank You and God Bless You to all that have served in the second world war.

Eternally Grateful -- Bruce Gibson :usflag :usflag :cheap-sunglasses
skeeg11

Re: Remembering Pearl Harbor 1941-2021 80th Anniversary

Post by skeeg11 »

Thank you to all you VFW guys, vets, and all our servicemen. My father served at Pearl, but would never talk about it. I'm an old fart and still get a little misty-eyed when the flag is raised and the national anthem played.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That was so tragic. Those brave men all died in a terrible atrocity that the woke generation knows nothing about and cares less about knowing. God bless each person who was at Pearl Harbor on that fateful day.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

WW II was a war that probably only could have been fought by men and women of that time. They lived hard lives.

If Perl Harbor had not happened and the axis powers continued on their way, the world would be a different place than it is today. The world is a better place than it would have been. Good people had to lay it all on the line.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
benben

Post by benben »

Thanks for posting this! It's been awhile back but I remember reading an article from some idiot that was blasting America for the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What this fool fails to realize is just how many lives, American and Japanese those two bombings saved....really no way to put a number on it!

I agree with everything that Naperville said, that was one tough generation, and we've got to live well because of their sacrifice!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I think of two men in town , one was a Bataan March survivor and the other was a Merrill Marauder . They never spoke of their service. I never knew about it until many years later. It was an honor to have known them . Their sacrifices to protect us all has no bounds. Here is to all who have served our country . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau