Ll. Bean boots any good?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Cowboyfromhell

Ll. Bean boots any good?

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I live in new England my entire life (42 yrs) and have never had a pair of l.l. bean boots. They are legendary up here in these parts. Still made up in Maine for over 100 yrs. I just ordered my wife and daughter a pair for xmas (was on their list), and I said what the heck and threw a pair in the cart for myself.
Any spyderco fans out there with some real-world feedback on these iconic boots? Thanx and happy holidays folks.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Ll. Bean boots any good?

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

My wife has a pair and really likes them in the winter . I have never worn them myself usually wear Thorogoods until we get heavy snow or cold then I slip on a pair of Baffins to play in snow or 4 wheeling .I hope they work out for you actually curious. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

I have a pair that are around 10 years old, mainly worn for snow removal duty. They've been great, no complaints.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Fifty some years ago I bought a pair in their store in Freeport ME the first time a group of us were heading up to New Brunswick to hunt deer and bear and wore them pretty much every hunting season for the next twenty years or so.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear neelyang:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I saw a couple of reviews of their boots, one was of the ones with the rubber bottoms and leather tops. They had el cheapo Walmart boots and very expensive boots competing. The LL Bean boots were tougher and did not leak like the others did. All of the other brands failed miserably, including the expensive ones. The LL Bean did okay. These vids were on YT.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I live in New England now and also grew up here. I have never owned a pair but I have had lots of other LL Bean stuff and it always high quality. I love their flannel lined pants. The boots are extremely popular around here.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
PineyBoy

Post by PineyBoy »

I have been an L.L. Bean customer for most of my life. I probably have 12 or 15 of their flannel shirts hanging in my closet. They are the best. They last forever and are no comparison to everyday clothing.
As a young boy, our family was on vacation in the Maine area back in the '50s and we visited their shop in Maine at 2:00 am. They were open 24/7 in those days. Just about everything we got from them when I was growing up I just outgrew, it didn't wear out.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

So I put these boots to the test yesterday. I was out running errands and thought I would take my new Bean boots for a ride. About a mile from my house my car broke down in the pouring rain! Called the tow truck and beat feet home. They were warm, dry, and comfortable, definitely recommend to anyone that wants a good waterproof boot that's not too heavy or clunky.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

PineyBoy wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:28 pm
I have been an L.L. Bean customer for most of my life. I probably have 12 or 15 of their flannel shirts hanging in my closet. They are the best. They last forever and are no comparison to everyday clothing.
As a young boy, our family was on vacation in the Maine area back in the '50s and we visited their shop in Maine at 2:00 am. They were open 24/7 in those days. Just about everything we got from them when I was growing up I just outgrew, it didn't wear out.
Their flagship store in Freeport Maine is still open 24 hours to this day! It’s an impressive store with three separate buildings. Speaking of Bean Boots and their flagship store, they have a giant Bean Boot sculpture in front of the store and a Bean Boot shaped truck that they drive around. It has become a very iconic boot in Maine.

———

I haven’t had a pair since I was a kid but I really like the heritage they have and they’re still made in Maine! I would definitely buy a pair for myself now.
-Nick :bug-red