Anyone use a safety razor?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Anyone use a safety razor?

Post by Doc Dan »

The Henson is really a fine, fine razor. I have 4 and I gave my wife 1 for her own use. She loves it. Now, I'm trying to get her settled on a soap or cream. The Henson is so easy to use she will simply use a bar of bath soap.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I’m still so pleased with my Henson, I’m not looking at anything else. I would love to stumble on a Ti V2 ++, but I’m more interested in buying guitars and ukuleles at the moment 😎
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:35 am
The Henson is really a fine, fine razor. I have 4 and I gave my wife 1 for her own use. She loves it. Now, I'm trying to get her settled on a soap or cream. The Henson is so easy to use she will simply use a bar of bath soap.
I bought my Mrs the mild newest version and she also loves it. Interestingly, there seems to be virtually no artisanal soaps for women.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:33 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:35 am
I bought my Mrs the mild newest version and she also loves it. Interestingly, there seems to be virtually no artisanal soaps for women.
Ariana & Evans, Stirling, and others have soaps for women. Barrister and Mann has Lavender and other scents. Martin de Candre and Geo. F. Trumper have rose scents. There's a lot of soaps for women out there.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
miohin

Post by miohin »

I'm definitely enjoying my mild Henson, but am interested in eventually picking up a medium just for something with some more efficiency. I went with the mild initially due to having sensitive skin. Paired the mild with a Feather blade for my most recent shave and it was very pleasant.

Picked up The Club Summer in Paris (A&E kaizen Base I believe) soap and Dirty Ginger (A&E K2 base) soap and have been working on my technique. Haven't been super impressed by Dirty Ginger (which may be my technique or our water), but have enjoyed the one shave I've had with Summer in Paris.
Lurker