Kitchencraft Colourworks knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Kitchencraft Colourworks knives?

Post by Doc Dan »

Does anyone know anything about Kitchen Craft Colourworks knives? What steel is used? Are they any good?

These come in colors and have sheaths, even on the paring knives. Colors are handy when you need to keep straight what knife was used for what.

I'm not sure where they are made. UK perhaps? Don't know.

Any knowledge?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Re: Kitchencraft Colourworks knives?

Post by ChrisinHove »

Strangely enough we borrowed a friends holiday place a couple of weeks ago, and they had a couple of these (paring and small cleaver-like knife) in their knife drawer. Like every other knife there, they were spectacularly blunt. Funnily enough I recall the owner buying the paring knife on a previous visit maybe 3 or 4 years ago, it being phenomenally sharp out of the packet - and cutting herself with it the same day.

To be fair I had anticipated exactly the state of their knives and had brought along my Sharpmaker.

All I can truthfully report is that there was no corrosion, the coating had stood up surprisingly well, and they got screaming sharp easily - certainly easier than the other, equally blunt but more traditional knives they were alongside. Also unlike the latter, these had no bent tips (!)

I did warn them I had sharpened their knives, btw…
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Kitchencraft Colourworks knives?

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks! There was a whole set, here, and cheap, too. Just wondered at the quality. There was a Japanese company a few years back that made similar knives and the steel was okay, but no tang...at all.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050