Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

My thoughts will be with you and hope new year will be better . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Alas, I have found a tamper proof way to insure all knifes are proper and only have resided in the sock drawer. (Of course this is what I’ve been working on all summer, don’t question the new fishing rod near the sock drawer!)

V-Toku 2 and Superblue are both high carbon steels. When used much like K390 they warn others that these knives are no collectors pieces.

I propose as true members of the sock drawer we insure we keep a high carbon blade housed, as proof we are all true and noble members.

I found the specimen below in the dark bars and alleyways near my dwelling, only a ruffian would carry such example.

What say you all, do you home a high carbon blade with not a blemish? Are you true and noble? And if found with a blemished blade, does this blemish your membership?
Attachments
0EE7E018-4980-4133-A2D8-A4C2B0E0CE58.jpeg
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Uhhhhhhh. I sold all my K390 blades. New and perfect they were. A friend in Canada bought them. Not sure what he did with them, but if you see my profile with a certain K390 blade and it has any patina on it, know that this friend occasionally hacks my Spyderco account to mess with me. I don't think it is funny. Not all.

TazKristy what can we do about this certain Canadian Hooligan?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:07 am
Uhhhhhhh. I sold all my K390 blades. New and perfect they were. A friend in Canada bought them. Not sure what he did with them, but if you see my profile with a certain K390 blade and it has any patina on it, know that this friend occasionally hacks my Spyderco account to mess with me. I don't think it is funny. Not all.

TazKristy what can we do about this certain Canadian Hooligan?
From what I hear he goes by Roscoe La Rued . A very unsavory character wears a lot of plaid and funny boots . Beware ! 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

What dark times are these when men can say Nee at will… Errr… I mean dark times are these when Canadians can defame members of the noble order!

Don’t the Canadians have such strict knife laws that said knives are required to stay in their sock drawers?! Roscoe La Rued, if we of the noble order find you we shall say Nee to you! Nee!

MNOSD 0009
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I grew up 45 minutes from him and NEVER saw him....way to go!!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Bearrowland! Alas it sounds like you are openly looking for the Canadian hooligan La Roscoe La Rued, but we know your heart, you are talking about Mr. Rogers!

Think of all the toil if you were talking of La Roscoe… 🤔

MNOSD 0009
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Ah Roscoe ! 🇨🇦🤔
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Also, if you see me post pictures of a Polestar and think you are seeing scratches on the blade, I guarantee you they are not from digging up a root from a shrub offshoot. My Polestar occasionally comes out for pictures, but rest assured, it goes right back in my sock drawer after its photoshoot. Of course it gets pampered while out. Maybe a quick cleaning, but nothing else.

I just want don't want to see us get into a witch hunt of sorts thinking someone is using their knives. There should be no shaming around here of use and or no use. To each their own and to their own enjoyment. Even though we all know, sock drawer storage is proven to be the best storage solution.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Hey did you guys notice the photo of (I think?) Chad Kelly in the following thread...in the ocean...with knives... in his socks?!?!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91202&start=140

...or some sort of calf mounted holster. Cooooool!!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Lord have mercy. He is a secret member of the order! It's looking up fellas. It's looking up. 😏
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

🤗
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:00 am
Alas, I have found a tamper proof way to insure all knifes are proper and only have resided in the sock drawer. (Of course this is what I’ve been working on all summer, don’t question the new fishing rod near the sock drawer!)

V-Toku 2 and Superblue are both high carbon steels. When used much like K390 they warn others that these knives are no collectors pieces.

I propose as true members of the sock drawer we insure we keep a high carbon blade housed, as proof we are all true and noble members.

I found the specimen below in the dark bars and alleyways near my dwelling, only a ruffian would carry such example.

What say you all, do you home a high carbon blade with not a blemish? Are you true and noble? And if found with a blemished blade, does this blemish your membership?
Thanks for this. A new way to differenciate us member and peasants is all the Order could ask for ! I'm gonna put some Opinel Carbon in my drawers right now.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
muskratsam

Post by muskratsam »

I ran out of room for socks in my drawer as of Dec. 31, 2022. My drawer now is literally end to end knives. I shall be putting up about 45 for sale in the Facebook groups and BF site in short order. In the mean time...as I proceed to extract the sharps, one at a time from their warm and comfy home...I'll replace with the sad sock rolls that have become homeless over the years. In light of this...I would request admission to your illustrious organization after a gentle nudge by Member #0004.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Oh no... 🤣.
Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:10 am
Bearrowland! Alas it sounds like you are openly looking for the Canadian hooligan La Roscoe La Rued, but we know your heart, you are talking about Mr. Rogers!

Think of all the toil if you were talking of La Roscoe… 🤔
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear muskratsam:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

muskratsam wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:09 pm
I ran out of room for socks in my drawer as of Dec. 31, 2022. My drawer now is literally end to end knives. I shall be putting up about 45 for sale in the Facebook groups and BF site in short order. In the mean time...as I proceed to extract the sharps, one at a time from their warm and comfy home...I'll replace with the sad sock rolls that have become homeless over the years. In light of this...I would request admission to your illustrious organization after a gentle nudge by Member #0004.
Welcome Muskrat. Your member # is #0041.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Michael Janich wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:45 am
Dear muskratsam:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Welcome Mike! Your member # is #0042.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

muskratsam wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:09 pm
Well as 0002 , I have to warn you it has been know there are rascals impersonating 0004 to help admittance into the Order . We will have to keep an eye on you and do a 0004 background check through proper channels. We normally use smoke signals but may resort to upgraded devices since this could be an emergency. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Fellow Orderites: It has come to my attention that my wife has taken my MNOSD shirt as her own. What is the protocol to add her as an honorary member of the Order?

Nobody except for my wife would think that wearing a t-shirt with a sock and a bunch of Military blades in profile is fashionable! And yet, here I am! :winking-tongue
MNOSD member 0030