Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fireman

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Fireman »

I like the fleece inside the hoodie I got.
The new design would have been a bit better but I am happy with mine. You can but buttons too. My next order I will get a couple of those and maybe a sticker.

On another note, Does the wave feature work on socks? I was thinking about a modified sock to make that work if needed. That cycling leg warmer with a pocket needs a try but I may do a sewing project with the two sock method first.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:32 am
Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm
I gave the Salt 2 (the boat knife in this thread that saved my deposit) to my brother this summer, because we were fishing, and he only has a Para 3 I gave him a few years ago (can knives feel lonely?)

I have the N5 salt x2 and a Caribbean Vacation… errr leaf blade PE.

LC200N is my most used steel for the last 3 years. I think the N5 is the best platform for LC200N (for me.) I do like Caribbean Vacation (that’s what I am gonna call it) but when I am fishing all day and I might lose something… I like the Caribbean too much to lose it.

LC200N and ABE-L = easiest steels I’ve ever sharpened to razors edge.

Biggest perk, knowing the Gulf of Mexico will not rust my knife. Take that Gulf or Mexico!

JSumm, what’s your jam on LC200N? How do you like it?
I’ve been looking at the Caribbean , how does it feel in hand compared to a PM2 ? The Siren is more my style but waiting for the CQI version to come out . Afraid I may get a clunker with stock out in the wild . Like Jeff want to try this steel after I am done with the Pacific Salt project .
Caribbean vacation is a nice knife. The handle is a little wider than a PM2. It fits well (I think people compare it to the Tenacious as far as form and how much of the blade is in the hand.) it is quiet similar in size to the PM2.

Unlike a PM2 the handle texture is ribbed, and smooth, but it locks into your hand. No choil 😥

If you like PM2 size, this is a great knife. I would compare it more with the Spydie Chef, which is also a great design/knife. Caribbean pulls kitchen duty when on vacation with no problems (it sits in the counter like a counter puppy too!)

If I could only pick 2 pokey knives to own for the rest of my life, this one would be pick number 2.
Attachments
3B2EF297-50D6-40FF-A052-8E2951985AE6.jpeg
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks 0009 ! I’m really warming up to it . Evil D gave me a a bunch of comparisons to look at also . Scale swell is a good thing for me . 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:16 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm
I gave the Salt 2 (the boat knife in this thread that saved my deposit) to my brother this summer, because we were fishing, and he only has a Para 3 I gave him a few years ago (can knives feel lonely?)

I have the N5 salt x2 and a Caribbean Vacation… errr leaf blade PE.

LC200N is my most used steel for the last 3 years. I think the N5 is the best platform for LC200N (for me.) I do like Caribbean Vacation (that’s what I am gonna call it) but when I am fishing all day and I might lose something… I like the Caribbean too much to lose it.

LC200N and ABE-L = easiest steels I’ve ever sharpened to razors edge.

Biggest perk, knowing the Gulf of Mexico will not rust my knife. Take that Gulf or Mexico!

JSumm, what’s your jam on LC200N? How do you like it?
Well I don't have any, but I love the Endura. So I was planning on getting the Pac Salt 2 in LC200N. I may hold off and get the teal Endura in S30V while it is still $90 at Knife Joy then get the Pac Salt 2 later since it will be around. Or I may like the Pac Salt so much I could forget about the Teal S30V. I don't know.

I grew up around the Gulf. She does hold special memories. And knives.
If you like what sounds like a deal for s30v, that sounds like a good place to start. LC200N doesn’t sound like it’s going anywhere anytime soon!
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:13 pm

If I could only pick 2 pokey knives to own for the rest of my life, this one would be pick number 2.
Caribbean is a great design!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:23 pm

If you like what sounds like a deal for s30v, that sounds like a good place to start. LC200N doesn’t sound like it’s going anywhere anytime soon!
Yeah, I'll probably pick up the S30V deal first then Pac Salt , then K390.

I have a SG VG-10 Endura, and 2 Endelas in 20CV and K390. K390 is my favorite for edge stability, but I like the idea of quick easier sharpening of LC200N. Plus linerless is pretty cool. I just took apart my Endela today to clean up some rust spots on the liners. No big deal, but the Pac Salt seems like a good EDC for me. I like users.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Good grief. I'm sorry guys. Back on topic, I really am enjoying my Darn Tough Socks. I'll will be slowly transitioning my collection over to Darn Tough. Threw away another cheap pair today due to holes in the liners close to the heal. Seems to be a weak spot in cheaper models. They had terrible warranty, so just easier to toss. Darn Tough have properly CQI'd the spot at the heal so no worries there with holes. Plus I hear their warranty is the best in the business.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:01 pm
I bring you…
The Tactical Leg Warmer!

I was thinking exactly along these lines for a tactical sock but found these leg warmer/protection for cyclists
These will work well with your tactical flip flops
:zany
you can do the same thing by taking two of the same socks, one inside the other and some sewing and cutting to create the pocket and the stretch will be the same. The only down side is it takes two pair to make one.
I found another that may be of interest . $6.00
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Threw away another cheap pair today due to holes in the liners close to the heal. Seems to be a weak spot in cheaper models.
Congrats on your new DTs! You are now well-heeled.

Regards old socks? Y'all will think I'm joking but I'm not: On old socks I cut away the heel to toe portion and keep the part that goes up the ankle. Turn it inside out, two rows of stitches with the old Necchi sewing machine to close the bottom, turn it outside-in, and you have a lovely stretchy cloth bag. I use these for packing items that would otherwise chafe against each other during transport. My toolboxes have many sok-baggies for the more delicate or fragile tools such as VOMs, or the tools that can damage others like crescent wrenches with their sharp corner; lenses for cameras stay nice and new-looking despite the transport; various items in my EDC backpack are sock'd. Oh, and they're GREAT for storing knives in the sok drawer!! (<--Kidding on that last one; they're actually too big for knives.)
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Another DYI out of the wilderness comes to light ! Great idea . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

My t-shirt is finally ready and shipped, it took a while, maybe it was handmade ? :squinting-tongue
Apparently they actually manufacture everything in France (claim well reflected in the price), I hope it's true ^^.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:16 am
My t-shirt is finally ready and shipped, it took a while, maybe it was handmade ? :squinting-tongue
Apparently they actually manufacture everything in France (claim well reflected in the price), I hope it's true ^^.
Wonderful Mr.N5 ! Show us pics upon arrival . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I sure will ! It's finally snowing here, a tee is the perfect thing for this time !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 am
I sure will ! It's finally snowing here, a tee is the perfect thing for this time !
You are so lucky ! -2 Fahrenheit is morning. 0005 in Georgia is probably chilly. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah, it is getting pretty dangerous down here. Temps are reaching 51 degrees today. I forgot to protect my face this morning walking from the truck to my office. This is what I looked like after.

Tomorrow, I will be more prepared.

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-12F at work this morning. It was 9F at my house but I work up in the mountains and it is usually colder there. Finally inside and warning up. I was outside from 6am to 11am dealing with stuff. It gonna be at least -10 tomorrow morning too.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

E3E331A7-02C8-4DEF-AE75-A95C7B57BFE7.jpeg
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Did we just enter the danger zone ? This is the most advanced thing I've ever seen, certainly some TimeLord technology ! (Bigger on the inside and all that)

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:07 am
E3E331A7-02C8-4DEF-AE75-A95C7B57BFE7.jpeg
That’s the cat’s meow! I like it. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:36 am
Yeah, it is getting pretty dangerous down here. Temps are reaching 51 degrees today. I forgot to protect my face this morning walking from the truck to my office. This is what I looked like after.

Tomorrow, I will be more prepared.

51 degrees ? You dog ! Can’t beat that Georgia sun ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau