Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

prndltech wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:21 pm
ISB. Inside Sock Band is the only way to carry.

That’s why I have thrown out everything in the closet and I have 7, footed onesies. That way I can carry knives head to toe and it’s ALWAYS in the sock.
We can always count on you for innovative carry techniques ! One of our finest members ! 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:00 pm
Nice! Just avoid really spicy food because that can be a pita.
That’s a non issue cuz: button flap
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

prndltech wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:13 pm
JSumm wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:00 pm
Nice! Just avoid really spicy food because that can be a pita.
That’s a non issue cuz: button flap
Oh thank goodness!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

🤣🤣 This is the best Order I've ever belonged to!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm just checking in. I've been away converting people and sock drawers for a good month.
Sadly, some sock drawers were filled with nonsensical items, the debates were long but I managed to put a couple of knives in one of them.

I hope the word keeps spreading all over the globe.
Robin.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:14 am
I'm just checking in. I've been away converting people and sock drawers for a good month.
Sadly, some sock drawers were filled with nonsensical items, the debates were long but I managed to put a couple of knives in one of them.

I hope the word keeps spreading all over the globe.
Robin.
Stay in touch , I will be posting another landscaping tribute soon dedicated to the famous 001 !! Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Good to hear of your most excellent report Robin!

There is definitely much going on. Personally, I have become very active in the knitting industry forums. There is a lot on the horizon and much to look forward to. One particular innovation I am curious with is the Owlet Dream Sock. It is a baby monitoring sock that tracks a lot of information and reports back to the ever loving, but overly worried parents. My thoughts were when I proposed it in the knitting forum, Is one of these may be able to blend in better in the sock drawer, while providing valuable information like temp and humidity levels. As you all know, this is critical to some blade steels. I explained this in the knitting forum, but unfortunately there are just not a lot of forward looking mentalities over there.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:19 am
<clip>

I explained this in the knitting forum, but unfortunately there are just not a lot of forward looking mentalities over there.

A prophet is not welcomed in his own town. You are on a lonely, but worthy journey.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

JSumm wrote: Good to hear of your most excellent report Robin!

There is definitely much going on. Personally, I have become very active in the knitting industry forums. There is a lot on the horizon and much to look forward to. One particular innovation I am curious with is the Owlet Dream Sock. It is a baby monitoring sock that tracks a lot of information and reports back to the ever loving, but overly worried parents. My thoughts were when I proposed it in the knitting forum, Is one of these may be able to blend in better in the sock drawer, while providing valuable information like temp and humidity levels. As you all know, this is critical to some blade steels. I explained this in the knitting forum, but unfortunately there are just not a lot of forward looking mentalities over there.
Excellent ! :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue Newcomers with new ideas are rarely met with open arms. It might take some time, but it'll pay.
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:11 am

Stay in touch , I will be posting another landscaping tribute soon dedicated to the famous 001 !! Dan
Nice, I'm looking forward to that ! In the meantime, I've created 2 new knives to put in a sock drawer. Even one with a bit of humidity, 14C28N is able to survive in most sock drawers :winking-tongue

Here's so badly taken pictures of the pair. I have better ones but can't upload them right now :

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm
JSumm wrote: Good to hear of your most excellent report Robin!

Excellent ! :squinting-tongue :squinting-tongue Newcomers with new ideas are rarely met with open arms. It might take some time, but it'll pay.
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:11 am

Nice, I'm looking forward to that ! In the meantime, I've created 2 new knives to put in a sock drawer. Even one with a bit of humidity, 14C28N is able to survive in most sock drawers :winking-tongue

Here's so badly taken pictures of the pair. I have better ones but can't upload them right now :

Thank you for sharing Robin ! I am very impressed with your efforts . Please show more pictures when possible . Good to hear from you . Your friend , Dan
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm

Robin, you made these amazing blades? Well done my man these are incredible!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I like how the scales are flatten up front and the scales just knock your eyes out ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Thanks guys!
I really wanted to bring something special to a somewhat "dull" blade. It took a ton of time designing in my head (sorry Chad, I haven't picked up Fusion 360 yet), and a good time of work. Now that I'm more familiar with how narrow and straigth the tang is, it'll go faster (I hope so!).

ETA : I like the Nishijin style of this wood, it's Poplar, stabilized with non-toxic and natural stuff. Both the woods and stabilizing products are from France. It's been dyed blue too, of course.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am
JSumm wrote:
<clip>

I explained this in the knitting forum, but unfortunately there are just not a lot of forward looking mentalities over there.

A prophet is not welcomed in his own town. You are on a lonely, but worthy journey.
In our neck of the woods we pay tribute to our prophets! I’m presenting working on the JRinFL 001 tribute in my landscaping island . 002
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:12 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am
JSumm wrote:
<clip>

In our neck of the woods we pay tribute to our prophets! I’m presenting working on the JRinFL 001 tribute in my landscaping island . 002
That’s pretty cool. My wife keeps shooting down my request for one of those in the yard. ',:-|
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I wish I could say that this is the only one ! Wife loves them we have two in landscaping near back porch and two smaller ones in big island . I have to drill and anchor to ground , it will be mostly covered by plants and bushes.
Henry David Thoreau
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'd love to put one up in my yard!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageJRinFl tribute was a solemn, quiet ceremony. My faithful assistant sprinkled cold Budweiser for good luck at the base . Bloke monument is nearby. Such a beautiful day in the neighborhood. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

A fitting tribute. Well done Dan!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:55 pm
A fitting tribute. Well done Dan!
Thank you , I got a little teary eyed. Good thing I had a lot of support . 0002
Henry David Thoreau