Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ramonade

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Ramonade »

I do Sir I do !
Every handle I make is only to warm the blanks in their sock-made bed.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I don’t have alzheimer’s, but I am confused lol
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:53 pm
I don’t have alzheimer’s, but I am confused lol
Glad you had a great time and made it home safe . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Dear noble order,

I am sorry my nomination for the noble order has come late. I am in South Florida and putting my salt knives to the test (fyi: they are rust free.) I’m taking a much needed vacation with the family too.

Drum roll: this months noble member is… Fireman! Much love for visiting our Mecca!

-Kevin
Attachments
D3970B5C-9E0F-4AF2-A555-6E1A5BF63014.jpeg
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:48 pm
Dear noble order,

I am sorry my nomination for the noble order has come late. I am in South Florida and putting my salt knives to the test (fyi: they are rust free.) I’m taking a much needed vacation with the family too.

Drum roll: this months noble member is… Fireman! Much love for visiting our Mecca!

-Kevin
Well enjoy the beach! Sounds absolutely awesome. I was at the beach a month ago and I can't wait to get back. And enjoy the fam!

Congrats Fireman!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That looks so good!! It's been too long since I spent time at the beach.
Congratulations Fireman!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

bearrowland wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 am
That looks so good!! It's been too long since I spent time at the beach.
Congratulations Fireman!!
The beach and ocean are nice. I am amazed by nature when out on the water.

Well deserved hurumph for sir Fireman! Time to parade him around the lodge!

MNOSD 0009
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

This thread reeks of freedom… and it’s now the weekend! Got a 7am and 9ish a.m. tee time with the dudes for some disc golf tomorrow. There will be knives and socks!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

prndltech wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:56 pm
This thread reeks of freedom… and it’s now the weekend! Got a 7am and 9ish a.m. tee time with the dudes for some disc golf tomorrow. There will be knives and socks!
Disc golf! I frickin love disc golf! It's been way too long for me. Have fun and enjoy the time.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

JSumm wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:09 pm
prndltech wrote:
Disc golf! I frickin love disc golf! It's been way too long for me. Have fun and enjoy the time.
I hadn’t played in about a decade, then some good friends of mine started playing. I had a small bag with a few discs so it was no cost for me to join in. My first time back out was in January or February this year and now I play at least 10 times a month. I sold some blades I don’t carry or use and bought a few more discs and a Pound Octothorpe bag. Been loving it! I may start an off topic thread here soon… I know Vivi plays as well, there’s got to be others!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

prndltech wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:29 pm
JSumm wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:09 pm
prndltech wrote:
I hadn’t played in about a decade, then some good friends of mine started playing. I had a small bag with a few discs so it was no cost for me to join in. My first time back out was in January or February this year and now I play at least 10 times a month. I sold some blades I don’t carry or use and bought a few more discs and a Pound Octothorpe bag. Been loving it! I may start an off topic thread here soon… I know Vivi plays as well, there’s got to be others!
The Pro circuit plays at a course in a town very close to me . We have a 9 hole course at in our small town . We have several courses in our area to choose from .
Henry David Thoreau
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I'm another member of the MNOSD that is also into Frisbee Golf. Played alot of Ultimate when I was much younger, and now like Frisbee Golf. Play about once a month.
MNOSD member 0030
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

We have a great course not far from here. I love it!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think ultimate frisbee was my favorite sport of them all. I played during college and post college. I had a hammer throw back then that could go down field and glide right to a player upside down. Right over everyone's head. If I tried but now, I may be lucky to hit the side of my house🤣. I loved that sport. I miss it.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

JSumm wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:54 am
I think ultimate frisbee was my favorite sport of them all. I played during college and post college. I had a hammer throw back then that could go down field and glide right to a player upside down. Right over everyone's head. If I tried but now, I may be lucky to hit the side of my house🤣. I loved that sport. I miss it.
Definitely my favorite sport.

Similar to you, I played in college and post college. Started playing with a bunch of friends in college, and we played for hours and hours almost every day. Eventually we were good enough that we regularly beat our school's club team. It was all about playing together constantly. I had all the throws. And a mind meld with my teammates. Post college, played league and tournaments for many years until my wife (who I met playing ultimate) and I started to have kids.

Since then, I've played in a few pickup games, but just can't sprint like I used to. I still run regularly, but that's not the same kind of running as is required for ultimate. I also feel that while you can rest on offense, you cannot rest of D, else you let your team down. All that being said, I no longer play, but do really miss it. Primarily the comraradie of playing with my college buddies.

A fantastic sport!
MNOSD member 0030
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:54 am
This is a lot of ultimate frisbee/disk golf talk here.

I though we were a socks and knives group. Perhaps a frisbee can have homeostasis with a sock too?

I too played lots of ultimate frisbee back in my twenties… now I would be luck to hit the dog, and he travels towards moving objects…

MNOSD 0009
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think it counts if your frisbees currently resides in your sock drawer. That is where mine have been residing for the last 15+ years.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I was asked ages ago to 3d model something for this group and finally got around to it. It looks cool but I want to integrate it into something. Maybe scaled down it could be turned into a knife display stand?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5382290
Attachments
mnosd2.png
mnosd.png
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Josh Crutchley wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:22 pm
I was asked ages ago to 3d model something for this group and finally got around to it. It looks cool but I want to integrate it into something. Maybe scaled down it could be turned into a knife display stand?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5382290
Knife display or in the middle of some scales for the next forum knife!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005