Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bolster

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:26 pm
Sorry Bolster , the secret handshake is so secret that it can only be revealed at the Orders top secret meetings. Revealing it to the public could have deadly consequences . MG2

[Dejectedly, looking at ground]: I understand.

At this point I've only heard rumors of a few elements that the secret handshake requires (a slab of virgin G-10, a weasel, a bra strap, a Czech pilsner, a powerful stereo system, a handful of spydie holes, and of course dozens of socks) but I can't imagine how they get integrated into a coherent secret handshake. Perhaps someday I can attend one of the secret meetings and find out!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hahaha! Epic!

The terms “liner” and “tip-up” spring to mind when I think of mine…
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:48 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:26 pm
Sorry Bolster , the secret handshake is so secret that it can only be revealed at the Orders top secret meetings. Revealing it to the public could have deadly consequences . MG2

[Dejectedly, looking at ground]: I understand.

At this point I've only heard rumors of a few elements that the secret handshake requires (a slab of virgin G-10, a weasel, a bra strap, a Czech pilsner, a powerful stereo system, a handful of spydie holes, and of course dozens of socks) but I can't imagine how they get integrated into a coherent secret handshake. Perhaps someday I can attend one of the secret meetings and find out!
ImageThis Weasel went to far , crossed the line , and gave up valuable secrets in the chicken house. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Socket puppets with knives! 🤯
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I was sent here by a fellow brother, but after reading the title I think it may be a mistake. Looking for the underwear drawer club. Our saying is "A knife on hand or in the band no matter the situation." We do not accept those commando guys.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:39 pm
I was sent here by a fellow brother, but after reading the title I think it may be a mistake. Looking for the underwear drawer club. Our saying is "A knife on hand or in the band no matter the situation." We do not accept those commando guys.
Hahaha!!! :rofl
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:39 pm
This is way too funny , I’m losing it ! MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Boy wait until ya find out my sock drawer is also full of expensive hipster socks.... nothing but Darn Tough 😬

We won't talk about undies, they cost more than the socks 🤯
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Is this right?
Attachments
20211118_082200.jpg
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Sadly my sock drawer is no longer big enough and now my collection occupies my closet. So does the Order of the Sock Drawer have jurisdiction of the closet?
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Do I qualify?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You guys are nuts!

I just take my socks and put them in a small cabinet and fill the sock drawer with knives.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
benben

Post by benben »

dsvirsky wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:51 am
Do I qualify?
Very Salty!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

dsvirsky wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:51 am
Do I qualify?
I am not qualified to to yes or no , but I will certainly put in a good word for you and your diligence . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 am
Boy wait until ya find out my sock drawer is also full of expensive hipster socks.... nothing but Darn Tough 😬

Absolutely nothing wrong with paying more for a high-quality sock, regardless of any hipster association hahah. About 5-6 years ago I made the switch to wool socks only and have been extolling the virtues of wool's thermo-regulating and antimicrobial properties ever since! My sock-drawer is mostly Darn Tough and Smartwool (and maybe one or two knives).. a few other brands too, but wool only.. not a thread of cotton to be found! People think I'm nuts when I tell them how much I pay for socks (hmmm.. same goes for knives..).. but it's so worth it to me because my feet are always comfortable..

Once you go wool, your sock drawer will be full! :zany
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:54 am
Evil D wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with paying more for a high-quality sock, regardless of any hipster association hahah. About 5-6 years ago I made the switch to wool socks only and have been extolling the virtues of wool's thermo-regulating and antimicrobial properties ever since! My sock-drawer is mostly Darn Tough and Smartwool (and maybe one or two knives).. a few other brands too, but wool only.. not a thread of cotton to be found! People think I'm nuts when I tell them how much I pay for socks (hmmm.. same goes for knives..).. but it's so worth it to me because my feet are always comfortable..

Once you go wool, your sock drawer will be full! :zany

It's money well spent especially with a lifetime warranty. When you wear safety toe boots 60+ hours a week your socks become an important part of your gear. I've been wearing them since early 2016 and no doubt have gotten my money's worth and then some.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Snacktime wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:34 am
Sadly my sock drawer is no longer big enough and now my collection occupies my closet. So does the Order of the Sock Drawer have jurisdiction of the closet?
We will have a meeting to discuss this rare situation . We try to be open minded but there are a few renegades in the Order . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI got curious and checked Wife’s sock drawer, it wasn’t pretty. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:00 am
Snacktime wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:34 am
We will have a meeting to discuss this rare situation . We try to be open minded but there are a few renegades in the Order . MG2

Yes! There may need to be a purge. "Night of the Long Knives," or in this situation, perhaps "Night of the Long Socks." I mean, if we let closet types in, where does it end? People who keep their knives in a file drawer? In a cardboard box? In a display cabinet? Do we want the MNOOTSD to be infiltrated and over-run by Philistines?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Will must be brave and firm to our foundations , never to be brought down by the 5th column . The Weasel was the first , dispatched by Purina Chou , there will be more !
Henry David Thoreau