Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kevinim82

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Kevinim82 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:19 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:49 pm
This has nothing to with shenanigans , memes , and overall nonsense. Good Luck 0089 , may a cold craft brew be with you . 0002
You have just implicated, yourself, myself, and Jeff.

Did you say nice cold one? If you look at the fine print, you’ll find this beverage is without good spirits (it’s non alcoholic!)

This picture was from the summer. No bug spray needed on Lake Erie yet.
Nevermind, that one was leaded.
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:15 am
Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:09 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:37 pm
I hear ya ! My wife will not eat anything that comes out of water. Once a month a bunch of buddies get together and eat out . Our favorite place once a month had a Smelt special . You could get 1/2 or 1 pound. I never left hungry .
This must be a Polish thing… my wife goes to those little guys every time we see them on a menu!
That looks really good!
It was at a German pub/bar/brewery in Parma Ohio. They can their own beer. Schmitz Ale Brewery. It’s a diamond in the dirt for sure!

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:50 pm
Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Checking in, to assure myself the MNOSD thread is rolling forward. Will rejoin the fun after a variety of real-life issues, which have rudely intruded on my reality, are resolved. Carry on, Nobles.
Hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers go out to you . Dan
Support… life. Life support! My thoughts a prayer too. Come back to the jokes when you need something less noble!

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:26 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Checking in, to assure myself the MNOSD thread is rolling forward. Will rejoin the fun after a variety of real-life issues, which have rudely intruded on my reality, are resolved. Carry on, Nobles.
Support… life. Life support! My thoughts a prayer too. Come back to the jokes when you need something less noble!
You’re a stand up guy Kev ! When buddies are down we need to be there for support. We had a boss years ago who threw a yearly Smelt party . He would go to Wisconsin and bring back 4 garbage cans of Smelt on ice and furnish all the beer . He lived in the country so it would get pretty wild and crazy . For health reasons I have not had a beer going on 6 years , I miss having a cold beer family and friends but it’s worth it . That plate looked delicious. I’ve ate all sorts of wild game and fish , if you guys haven’t tried Turtle give it a shot ! 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Hey man we miss you, but understand you have to take care of business. Let us know if we can be of any help. I am sure we have more than well timed, clever, and intelligently placed witticisms to offer.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:53 am
Kevinim82 wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
You’re a stand up guy Kev ! When buddies are down we need to be there for support. We had a boss years ago who threw a yearly Smelt party . He would go to Wisconsin and bring back 4 garbage cans of Smelt on ice and furnish all the beer . He lived in the country so it would get pretty wild and crazy . For health reasons I have not had a beer going on 6 years , I miss having a cold beer family and friends but it’s worth it . That plate looked delicious. I’ve ate all sorts of wild game and fish , if you guys haven’t tried Turtle give it a shot ! 0002
Bolster is an integral member (pun anyone?)

Garbage bags full of Smelt. That man knows how to take care of his employees.

Turtle? Don’t we have a member whose village is guarded by a giant turtle? Wonder if you can make soup from that?

I’ve had turtle gumbo a few times in the south. It didn’t disappoint.

A fib is nothing to fib about. Electrical signals in the heart and alcohol don’t go together. Keep your blood thinners handy, and your cholesterol pills closer, and have a good Cardiologist who knows a good Electrophysiologist in a university setting (I was a fake heart nurse for 6 years… those guys rub off on you a little bit.)

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:11 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Kevinim82 wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

Turtle? Don’t we have a member whose village is guarded by a giant turtle? Wonder if you can make soup from that?

A fib is nothing to fib about. Electrical signals in the heart and alcohol don’t go together. Keep your blood thinners handy, and your cholesterol pills closer, and have a good Cardiologist who knows a good Electrophysiologist in a university setting (I was a fake heart nurse for 6 years… those guys rub off on you a little bit.)
Yeah my doctor is also a vascular surgeon so I get best of care and health lectures. I recently had an Echo and blood work and I am doing great and want to keep it that way . I don’t take any meds at all except my vitamins . Mel was a great guy , one of the best upper management I ever worked for at Cat . After work he was just one of the guys . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Kevinim82 wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

I find whiskey thins the blood just fine and you don't have the "Bread in a Bottle" issues you can get with beer. I quit beer about 12 years ago.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:33 am
Kevinim82 wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Kevinim82 wrote:

I find whiskey thins the blood just fine and you don't have the "Bread in a Bottle" issues you can get with beer. I quit beer about 12 years ago.
Hahaha! True true. All alcohol thins blood.

I’m no quitter. I welcome both. Whiskey though is “quicker.”

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageOur mission ! Cheer Bolster up ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:08 am
Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:52 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am
Yes I believe so , I think she may be unaware . I mentioned that a in a PM . Another way would possibly tag her last post here so she can see it in notifications. I didn’t reach out because I did not want to step on anybody’s toes . 0002

Sorry, 0002. Chain of command was broken, my fault, will PM her forthwith. --0003

EDIT: Aaaaand, done. Notification sent with deep courteous bows and many extraneous flourishes.
I humbly accept this award and also I will take the 2 pc leg combo spicy with cajun mashed potatoes, red beans and rice, biscuit and 1 packet of honey. Coke to drink. 🥳🧦🧦
Just a little reminder that you have the heavy burden of selecting Most Noble of the month . Enjoy ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:22 am
It was at a German pub/bar/brewery in Parma Ohio. They can their own beer. Schmitz Ale Brewery. It’s a diamond in the dirt for sure!
I nominate Kevinim82 as the most noble of the month. May your socks never be full of holes and your glass always be full of beer 🍺
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:17 am
Kevinim82 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:22 am
I nominate Kevinim82 as the most noble of the month. May your socks never be full of holes and your glass always be full of beer 🍺
It would be fitting on April Fools day I would be honored with our noble order (jokes and terrible puns are my language.)

Thank you SG89!!! An Honor! Hear hear! And a sounding harumph to the noble sock drawer!

The MNOSD; though it comes from humble beginnings, it has grown and is shaping itself to be something. I will stay light hearted, and remember my shiny footprints where I walk, and the sock drawer which supplies the pocketable knives and walkable socks.

MNOSD 0009
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Well chosen SG89!

Now let's hoist Kevin on our shoulders and parade him about the lodge!

Ah, look out for that low beam! <THUD> Ah, sorry 'bout that Kevin. Rub some dirt in it and walk it off. We can hardly notice the dent in your forehead.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:36 am
Well chosen SG89!

Now let's hoist Kevin on our shoulders and parade him about the lodge!

Ah, look out for that low beam! <THUD> Ah, sorry 'bout that Kevin. Rub some dirt in it and walk it off. We can hardly notice the dent in your forehead.
HAHHAAHAHH!!!!

It might have made me look a little better with the dent?
Attachments
428BAFB2-C92C-47B1-A1B3-512B744C988E.jpeg

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageCongrats Kevin ! SG89 is wise and wonderful . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThe press is here to ask questions about your award ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:44 am
ImageThe press is here to ask questions about your award ! 0002
My award; the dent in my head? Why it’s a shiner! Hahahahah🤪

MNOSD 0009
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Who is most noble for March?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.