Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JSumm »

Ok, so I was sent back at the mention of potential bylaw changes. Underwear Drawer Keepers being considered for a possible merger. Is there a swearing in meeting scheduled already, or is that being discussed now?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 pm
Ok, so I was sent back at the mention of potential bylaw changes. Underwear Drawer Keepers being considered for a possible merger. Is there a swearing in meeting scheduled already, or is that being discussed now?
That can only be answered by the Grand Poo Pah 001 . He is wise and noble . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

(LOLOL you guys LOLOL)

Honestly the underwear merger seems reasonable to me, but as member 0002 says above, He Who is Member 0001 must decide. All hail 0001! and to a somewhat lesser extent, hail 0002!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThings have taken a turn for the worse . Patch may have a catnip problem. MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JSumm wrote:
We should not let our little differences keep us separate, so united we will stand!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:40 pm
(LOLOL you guys LOLOL)

Honestly the underwear merger seems reasonable to me, but as member 0002 says above, He Who is Member 0001 must decide. All hail 0001! and to a somewhat lesser extent, hail 0002!
All this time I thought we were autonomous collective. But I was only fooling myself! ;)
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:21 pm
JSumm wrote:
We should not let our little differences keep us separate, so united we will stand!
Oh well this is certainly great news! I will pass this on to my fellow brothers and by fellow brothers I mean my friend Greg. He doesn't attend a lot of meetings. So, basically I accept on behalf of Underwear Drawer Keepers across the globe!

"A knife on hand or in the (sock) band no matter the situation."
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:21 pm
JSumm wrote:
Once again our fearless leader has bonded our drawer culture to strengthen our cause ! All hail 001 may he live long and prosper! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

D4BB7DBB-6740-47A3-A086-E2EA0331F493.jpeg
Not currently in the drawer but I’m still requesting consideration for membership.... ;)
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Calling Number 001 ! Another membership request. What will be his number ? 007 is taken that’s why we have to listen to James Bond soundtracks at meetings . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm
Calling Number 001 ! Another membership request. What will be his number ? 007 is taken that’s why we have to listen to James Bond soundtracks at meetings . MG2
:')

Sounds good to me! I’ve always liked the intros and the music.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Boy oh boy, I am really getting excited for the next meeting. I have transitioned some of my knives over to the sock drawer in preparation. Some of the knives were not ready to transition away from their stretchy bands they have called home for so long. In time, they too will make the long journey to the drawer next door to find their sock brethren.

On a side note, I sent Greg an email to express the joyous news. I have not yet received an email back. I would call him, but I think my number may have accidently been blocked. Long story short, during the great upheaval two factions were created. Boxer Briefs won out and it has never been the same. I know we all wait patiently until all stretchy bands will be united once again.

Anyways, I haven't received my welcoming pack in the mail yet. I am sure it is carefully being processed through the administrative office. And like waiting for the Lightweight Native Chief (S45vn???), I will continue holding down my post and cheerfully awaiting next steps.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Stayed tuned everyone, I am going to make a statement/ proposal to everyone later tonight. It’s all positive, and I think if we are all up to the challenge it can be at least considered . Regards to membership 002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm
Stayed tuned everyone, I am going to make a statement/ proposal to everyone later tonight. It’s all positive, and I think if we are all up to the challenge it can be at least considered . Regards to all members 002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ahhhh ! I double posted again , what a way to start . Anyway first I need to say this thread has been a lot of crazy fun . When I first read the post by The One Who Shall Not Be Named , I was extremely angry . So I backed off , because for me in situations like this laughter can be the best medicine . I also want to say there were very helpful and caring comments, a reflection of the Forum and who we are as individuals. So we go Off Topic to post funny crazy things and have a lot of fun now at nobody’s expense , and that’s all good . There is one thing we were flirting around with and that was the idea of Spyderco Socks . David ( Guru of Wool socks) nailed it ! Why not purpose the idea in General Discussion Wool Spyderco socks with Spyderco trademark , either a large spider or a whole bunch of itty bitty spiders ? Think about it , we have hats, shirts , hoodies , and all sorts of accessories. Why not socks ? This would be about Spyderco and we can be part of making it happen . 001 what are your thoughts and all members in the Order ? MG2 002 but from now just call me Dan
Henry David Thoreau
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

ImageImage
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Yes! Straight from the mail and right into the sock drawer!
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great sequence of pics like a thriller movie ! That’s definitely a keeper .
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm
Ahhhh ! I double posted again , what a way to start . Anyway first I need to say this thread has been a lot of crazy fun . When I first read the post by The One Who Shall Not Be Named , I was extremely angry . So I backed off , because for me in situations like this laughter can be the best medicine . I also want to say there were very helpful and caring comments, a reflection of the Forum and who we are as individuals. So we go Off Topic to post funny crazy things and have a lot of fun now at nobody’s expense , and that’s all good . There is one thing we were flirting around with and that was the idea of Spyderco Socks . David ( Guru of Wool socks) nailed it ! Why not purpose the idea in General Discussion Wool Spyderco socks with Spyderco trademark , either a large spider or a whole bunch of itty bitty spiders ? Think about it , we have hats, shirts , hoodies , and all sorts of accessories. Why not socks ? This would be about Spyderco and we can be part of making it happen . 001 what are your thoughts and all members in the Order ? MG2 002 but from now just call me Dan

You've got my vote, secret member 0002. I wonder if either SmartWool or Darned Tough would be open to a Spydie collaboration.

Sincerely, secret member 0003.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:01 pm
(gratuitous knife pron)

Yep, L-bug, that Chef is definitely a socker.