Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JSumm »

This is great!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I for one have never put my knives in my sock drawer. My knives have their own wooden machinists tool chest from harbor freight-- only like $80 bux
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I keep mine frozen in carbonite and buried deep in an underground safe, completely sealed off from light, humidity and any hope of actually cutting anything. That is why I spend so much time on the forum, to live vicariously through you guys and hopefully gain enough knowledge to at least pretend to present myself as a knife user all while secretly hoarding up a large and valuable knife collection that I will someday liquidate in order to buy a private island where I will finally use and enjoy the one knife I kept for myself, a $2 Spyderco knockoff from the gas station. And that is how I plan to win the knife game.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:08 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:01 pm
(gratuitous knife pron)

Yep, L-bug, that Chef is definitely a socker.
Wow Bolster that is a 10 groan factor ! I like it .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
I keep mine frozen in carbonite and buried deep in an underground safe, completely sealed off from light, humidity and any hope of actually cutting anything. That is why I spend so much time on the forum, to live vicariously through you guys and hopefully gain enough knowledge to at least pretend to present myself as a knife user all while secretly hoarding up a large and valuable knife collection that I will someday liquidate in order to buy a private island where I will finally use and enjoy the one knife I kept for myself, a $2 Spyderco knockoff from the gas station. And that is how I plan to win the knife game.
I understand completely . Feeding and caring for my alligators in my moat is expensive. Heating the moat this time of year is astronomical and I don’t even want to talk about my Vet bills .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:13 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
I understand completely . Feeding and caring for my alligators in my moat is expensive. Heating the moat this time of year is astronomical and I don’t even want to talk about my Vet bills .

Wow, you guys are geniuses. I'm glad we have members like you showing the way. Would post more, but I need to get back to digging my moat.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 am
I for one have never put my knives in my sock drawer. My knives have their own wooden machinists tool chest from harbor freight-- only like $80 bux
I would really implore you to try it for a trial period. Mine started off in the underwear drawer, but after testing this week I will say my eyes have been opened. They are quite protected in there and the socks do a great job holding back humidity from the non-stainless steels. If you drop one during the very rare removal while holding it over the drawer, no worries. The socks will soften the blow.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:25 am
Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 am
I would really implore you to try it for a trial period. Mine started off in the underwear drawer, but after testing this week I will say my eyes have been opened. They are quite protected in there and the socks do a great job holding back humidity from the non-stainless steels. If you drop one during the very rare removal while holding it over the drawer, no worries. The socks will soften the blow.
Like they would say on the old Laugh In show - “ Sock it to me baby “
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Floating this out for a vote:

Other than the first 5 member numbers, and 007, all other numbers are available. What if we allowed members to choose their own number, except in cases where a prior claim was made. All members would need to post in this thread to claim a number and to check for prior claims. What say you all?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Locked, Croc'ed and ready to ROCK

Your fatal mistake was assuming that I don't wear socks with my Crocs. Now you'll feel the wrath of my sock drawer 😡

Last edited by Evil D on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Please tell me they have freakin’ lasers on their heads.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:54 am
Floating this out for a vote:

Other than the first 5 member numbers, and 007, all other numbers are available. What if we allowed members to choose their own number, except in cases where a prior claim was made. All members would need to post in this thread to claim a number and to check for prior claims. What say you all?
I think it would be completely appropriate to do it considering the rest of our quirky thinking.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Please tell me they have freakin’ lasers on their heads.
I already tried it. Changing batteries was the biggest pain !
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am
Locke, Croc'ed and ready to ROCK

Your fatal mistake was assuming that I don't wear socks with my Crocs. Now you'll feel the wrath of my sock drawer 😡

Dave ! That is a 10 on my laugh meter . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

I believe I was the first one to share my sock drawer photo... I'm not claiming anything, but I'd like to get membership number 11, please.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

tonijedi wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 pm
I believe I was the first one to share my sock drawer photo... I'm not claiming anything, but I'd like to get membership number 11, please.
Where have you been ? Your membership is without a doubt an automatic ! Finally have the ORIGINAL in the Order ! How cool is that ! Glad to hear from you and we are indebted to you and presence!
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
This is the perfect plan. Bearface this is a most excellent plan.

Dear Nobel Order, I did contribute to oceansidepatricks post in a hopefully and meaningful way. I will work on moving a knife or two in the sock drawer… they have been in the cigar box so long they tell me socks are a demotion.

… I really don’t know if I have what it takes for the sock drawer.
-“serrated cut down the middle” Kevin
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Just when I thought things were settling down , I find a booby trap in the sock drawer ! Those evil , sneaky, conniving, ruthless Drawer Elves are out to get me and take my knives . They work under the cover of darkness , stealthy experts creating havoc in your drawers . Beware they multiply during full moons . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Image Just when I thought things were settling down , I find a booby trap in the sock drawer ! Those evil , sneaky, conniving, ruthless Drawer Elves are out to get me and take my knives . They work under the cover of darkness , stealthy experts creating havoc in your drawers . Beware they multiply during full moons . MG2

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'll just leave it here then...

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds