Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JRinFL

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JRinFL »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:34 pm
Fellow Orderites: It has come to my attention that my wife has taken my MNOSD shirt as her own. What is the protocol to add her as an honorary member of the Order?

Nobody except for my wife would think that wearing a t-shirt with a sock and a bunch of Military blades in profile is fashionable! And yet, here I am! :winking-tongue
I see no reason why not, HOWEVER she must be gifted a knife (if she has not a collection of her own) that then must be reverentially placed in the sock drawer.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

We will need a name like Queen Of All Waters , for example ! Great statements of wisdom 0001 . 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Referencing the Articles of the Socks, Article 23, Section 4, Para 15 describes a situation of MNOSD paraphernalia being usurped by an uninitiated fellow or lassie shall be permanently deleted from reality or swiftly accepted through emergency initiation process of swimming through a body of water while wearing socks exclaiming all hail the soft handed champions of ouchy sharp things.

Sorry, I didn't right this stuff. I personally think it is a little harsh, but we did all sign and agree to The Great Articles.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:30 pm
Referencing the Articles of the Socks, Article 23, Section 4, Para 15 describes a situation of MNOSD paraphernalia being usurped by an uninitiated fellow or lassie shall be permanently deleted from reality or swiftly accepted through emergency initiation process of swimming through a body of water while wearing socks exclaiming all hail the soft handed champions of ouchy sharp things.

Sorry, I didn't right this stuff. I personally think it is a little harsh, but we did all sign and agree to The Great Articles.
Yes , yes , yes , we are well aware of the hazards involved in this situation. This initiation will be a piece of cake . Please keep in mind she is actually known as Admiral Boatsalot normally at the helm sailing the mighty seas . As soon as Most Noble has an official name for this wonderful lady please add her to the rolls of high esteem . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:19 pm
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:34 pm
Fellow Orderites: It has come to my attention that my wife has taken my MNOSD shirt as her own. What is the protocol to add her as an honorary member of the Order?

Nobody except for my wife would think that wearing a t-shirt with a sock and a bunch of Military blades in profile is fashionable! And yet, here I am! :winking-tongue
I see no reason why not, HOWEVER she must be gifted a knife (if she has not a collection of her own) that then must be reverentially placed in the sock drawer.
My lady has been gifted a lustrous purple Ladybug, but I must say that it is out in the wild - certainly far from a sock drawer! It's probably even been used and might even have a dull edge at this point. The horror!

I will, with all due urgency, correct this unspeakable situation, and get the Ladybug returned to her proper home, in a sock drawer.

I hope that the honorable and just members of the Order can overlook my foolish mistake!
MNOSD member 0030
Capt'n Boatsalot

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:57 pm
JSumm wrote:

Yes , yes , yes , we are well aware of the hazards involved in this situation. This initiation will be a piece of cake . Please keep in mind she is actually known as Admiral Boatsalot normally at the helm sailing the mighty seas . As soon as Most Noble has an official name for this wonderful lady please add her to the rolls of high esteem . 0002

I do believe that an appropriate name would be either Commodore Boatsalot or Admiral Boatsalot. She's definitely in charge of this ship.

Let's go for Commodore Boatsalot!

Jeff, thank you for pointing out the process as outlined in Articles of the Socks, Article 23, Section 4, Para 15. I must confess that I did not study this section of the Articles of our Great Order at my own initiation. I take full responsibility, and will correct this with all due speed. I will take it upon myself to educate the Commodore on the necessary steps for her own successful initiation, and will also accept any necessary remediation for myself.

She will not be excited for the emergency initiation process, but will do so given the urgency of the situation. The process is fair, and as noted, is what I, and be extension, we, signed up for. And I will also be sure to impress upon her the importance of our Great Order.

Finally, I will also, of course, ensure that she gets her own knives securely stored in her own sock drawer.
MNOSD member 0030
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:

Man, I must have been drunk when I signed The Great Articles. I don't remember Art 23 Sec 4 at all...just a big blank spot in my memory. Thank goodness that someone who was less sloshed wrote it all down.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:21 am
Michael Janich wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:45 am
Dear muskratsam:
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.
Stay safe,

Mike
Welcome Mike! Your member # is #0042.
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.

LOLOLOL. Not to break the fourth wall, but THAT was funny. Janich may be street wise and fast, but I bet he didn't see membership coming. Well, there's no turning back, Michael! Wear your membership number with pride!

Saaaaaay, isn't 42 the answer to...something important?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:52 pm
Let's go for Commodore Boatsalot!
Welcome member #0043!

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:26 pm
JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:21 am
Michael Janich wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:45 am
Dear muskratsam:
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.
Stay safe,

Mike
Welcome Mike! Your member # is #0042.

LOLOLOL. Not to break the fourth wall, but THAT was funny. Janich may be street wise and fast, but I bet he didn't see membership coming. Well, there's no turning back, Michael! Wear your membership number with pride!

Saaaaaay, isn't 42 the answer to...something important?
😂 I typed so fast on that reply. I was so excited and laughing, I could barely get out the words.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Job well done 0005 and a worthy description. A toast to our newest member ! Any flavor is appropriate ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:15 am
Job well done 0005 and a worthy description. A toast to our newest member ! Any flavor is appropriate ! 0002
Reading back through those, some really crack me up. 😂
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:20 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:15 am
We have a wild untamed bunch .0002
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:

Man, me too. I know "LOL" is an internet expression, but when I read this thread, it's literal. This is some of the best comedic material I've encountered in a long time. Still laughing at how Michael Janich got caught with his guard down, and got membership'd by posting in the MNOSD thread. He thought he was safe! LOLOLOL....Now reading through the list of professions...more LOLOLOL...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:23 am
JSumm wrote:

Man, me too. I know "LOL" is an internet expression, but when I read this thread, it's literal. This is some of the best comedic material I've encountered in a long time. Still laughing at how Michael Janich got caught with his guard down, and got membership'd by posting in the MNOSD thread. He thought he was safe! LOLOLOL....Now reading through the list of professions...more LOLOLOL...
Henry David Thoreau
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree!! This is a good bunch...you all make my day!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

We have some work to do. The Chat GPT chatbot is not being kind to us.
Attachments
mnosd.png
Capt'n Boatsalot

Bolster wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:34 pm
We have some work to do. The Chat GPT chatbot is not being kind to us.
Uh, I think it may be onto us...
MNOSD member 0030
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

We need to up our marketing budget. I believe that was the point our brother Tony was trying to make at our last meeting. If you were present, you know he is a great bar chart craftsman that beautifully made his points.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageLooks like we will have to shelve our choreography expenses and new attire.We have to think lean . 0002,
Henry David Thoreau