Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JSumm »

Agreed! Climate controlled with dehumidification is ideal, but we cannot forget contaminated particles.

Here is a good chart that I still cannot understand why Larrin has not put more research into for his website. This will give you a good idea of what to look for when selecting a purifier or several.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree....that's some in depth stuff 😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThis is what I use . 002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Solid choice!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kevin, I know you are reading this. Come back to the drawer.

If a member were to have possibly maybe ran out of room in the sock drawer, which drawer should they possibly use next. Hypothetically speaking. Just thinking outside the drawer in case this were to come up in future meetings. And speaking of meetings, where the heck have you guys been? I have been making the most delicious gluten free pumpkin cookies with purifying green tee for our meetings and let me just say, my system cannot take eating and drinking all of it any longer.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:00 pm
Kevin, I know you are reading this. Come back to the drawer.

If a member were to have possibly maybe ran out of room in the sock drawer, which drawer should they possibly use next. Hypothetically speaking. Just thinking outside the drawer in case this were to come up in future meetings. And speaking of meetings, where the heck have you guys been? I have been making the most delicious gluten free pumpkin cookies with purifying green tee for our meetings and let me just say, my system cannot take eating and drinking all of it any longer.
I think a little enticement is in order. :zany Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
PStone

Post by PStone »

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

PStone wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:48 am
:rofl I didn't know where we were going with that.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
PStone

Post by PStone »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:50 am
PStone wrote:
[/img]
There’s some truth there ya know 🤣
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

PStone wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:52 am
JSumm wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:50 am
PStone wrote:
[/img]
There’s some truth there ya know 🤣
Sorry I have been on a Flan diet ! Image
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That is probably better than my pumpkin spice cookies with cleansing green tea.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:04 am
That is probably better than my pumpkin spice cookies with cleansing green tea.
Gave some Flan to Jo and she didn’t tell anyone about it ! I’m getting into it tonight after a layoff last night . I will stay away from the scale !
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

It's about time someone recognized that I'm special.

Hey, is that Mr. Rogers, from The Neighborhood? Man, that guy could really sit in a chair, he had a talent. And is he drawing a knife from his sock?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think he may be using the bottom of his shoe to strop the edge.

Little known fact, Mr. Rogers back in the day would use his shoe string to perform cut test. All that shoe tying created extra prop inventory from his show. It was a natural progression to use the left over material. PBS had a pilot called Edging with Rogers. They quickly cancelled it as it failed to take off.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm
Little known fact, Mr. Rogers back in the day....

That’s all true JSumm ^ and I’m glad to have met a fellow devotee of Mr. Rogers here on the Spyderco forum. But your abbreviated recount does leave some of the important history of Fred Rogers untold: Rogers’ first children’s show was titled *Knife Fighting in your Neighborhood.* Some of you are old enough to remember the song: “It’s a beautiful day to slice and dice; a beautiful day for a saber; Who wants a slice? Do you want a slice? Come and get some, neighbor!” …which would introduce the first fight scene. The origin of the trolly was that it would bring around bandages and antiseptic after demonstrations. KFIYN eventually gained more viewership than *Captain Kangaroo’s Kick Boxing*, which, although it left Mr. Green Jeans a swollen mess at the end of each show, *only* targeted Green Jeans, which bored the children. Whereas the genius of Mr. Rogers was that he invited guests, so there was always “fresh blood,” so to speak. I believe that a young Michael Janich made an appearance as a child bystander in one of the early shows.

The kid’s shows were tougher and more realistic back then, teaching the chillun what they really needed to know. But then along came President Johnson and his “Great Society,” and the TV programming went soft. Rogers traded his black tactical vest for a cardigan, and started to hide his knives in his socks, instead of on a double leather bandoleer on his often shirtless chest. Rogers eventually ditched the whisky placement ads, and soon after that the two buxom “helpers” were let go. Fortunately one of them, by the name of Pamela Anderson, got a gig on Baywatch, but the other one, a Sophia Vergara…I don’t know what happened to her. At any rate, the show evolved over time, and much of the back-history of Mr. Rogers has been assigned to the memory hole...to society's great loss, I think.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I never knew one pair of socks could start historical musing of such magnitude . Looks like I missed some pretty good shows in the past ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster, this may be your best historical work ever! Well done.

These two lines with the build up really got me.
Bolster wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:59 pm
Come and get some, neighbor!”
Bolster wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:59 pm
I believe that a young Michael Janich made an appearance as a child bystander in one of the early shows.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:59 pm
I never knew one pair of socks could start historical musing of such magnitude .
And to think, that guy was trying to tear us down, and he only wove us together.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:10 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:59 pm
I never knew one pair of socks could start historical musing of such magnitude .
And to think, that guy was trying to tear us down, and he only wove us together.
Well said ! You are on top of it buddy ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Aw, you guys are too kind. Yes, I was a history undergraduate at Mark Twain University, so fabricating true revisionist history is something I was trained to do. As our great founder said:

"Truth is the most precious thing we have, so we must economise, and use it sparingly."