Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JSumm »

Hoodie was a great idea!

I tried explaining the shirt to my wife when I opened it. "You see there was a guy... and then he said... So then someone... Sweetheart, you remember Greg right?"
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
You can’t keep a guy from Iowa down ! Of course those Georgia guys are probably water skiing. 0002
I am not going anywhere near water right now. And it is actually a little worse. I was born in raised in Tampa,
Florida.
Well that’s terrible not being to enjoy a hobby because of bad weather . 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

You guys ever go back to your old post and edit for grammar? I swear google keyboards on phones are allergic to my fingertips.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm
JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
You can’t keep a guy from Iowa down ! Of course those Georgia guys are probably water skiing. 0002
I am not going anywhere near water right now. And it is actually a little worse. I was born in raised in Tampa,
Florida.
Well that’s terrible not being to enjoy a hobby because of bad weather . 0002
You never know what you will find in the lakes around here.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:56 pm
You guys ever go back to your old post and edit for grammar? I swear google keyboards on phones are allergic to my fingertips.
I found some of my first posts and had to edit the living poop out of them!

Btw, the youth of France is gonna see this t-shirt a lot cause I'm definitely gonna wear it at work.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:54 am
JSumm wrote:

Btw, the youth of France is gonna see this t-shirt a lot cause I'm definitely gonna wear it at work.
Exposure to youth, might get them into the knife using/collecting hobby, then of course they will be on their way to having a collection in the sock drawer!
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
JSumm wrote:

Sounds great ! How old are the students ? It’s good for kids to see the other side of a teacher . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 am
Ramonade wrote:
JSumm wrote:

Sounds great ! How old are the students ? It’s good for kids to see the other side of a teacher . 0002
Usually 10 to 12 years old :nerd but this year I was forced to accept a 4 level class with 3 years old up to 7 years old. All of kindergarden school (I think that's how it's called in the US) and the addition of the 1st grade, moment when they actually start working hard to read and write.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 am
Ramonade wrote:
JSumm wrote:

Usually 10 to 12 years old :nerd but this year I was forced to accept a 4 level class with 3 years old up to 7 years old. All of kindergarden school (I think that's how it's called in the US) and the addition of the 1st grade, moment when they actually start working hard to read and write.
You are a brave , brave man ! Guys in the Foreign Legion have it easy . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all our members of the Order . Our membership has grown , sock knife storage is at an all time high , T-shirts, stickers , hoodies , and mugs ! What has really impressed me has been the friendship , and the helping and giving to others . It’s so strange how many posts are here and everyone is happy ! So where do we go from here ? Any thoughts ? Comments ? What can we do better ? 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

LakeOconee wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 am
I have 75 T-shirts on hangers in the closet.

If I bought another one = "Don't you have enough T-shirts/knives/RC trucks..?"

My vote is for red or blue.

Yours in service, #0037
Colors for shirt

Dark tone blue or burgundy vote II
Brown (tri blend) like JSumm vote II
Red (tri blend) vote III

LakeOconee I gave you two votes because you have to live in such horrible lake conditions with a 50 foot turtle and all.

Votes are counted. I will send 2 tee shirts to Sal. He can give the color he doesn’t like to his son. Gonna get the tri blend blue and tri blend red.

I will share a picture of our out going package before I ship it. I still haven’t received my own teal shirt yet… it’s not like I live anywhere near LakeOconee… I don’t know what could be taking so long.

Before sending I will write a group letter and submit it to all of you for approval.

MNOSD 0009
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am
I just wanted to take a minute to thank all our members of the Order . Our membership has grown , sock knife storage is at an all time high , T-shirts, stickers , hoodies , and mugs ! What has really impressed me has been the friendship , and the helping and giving to others . It’s so strange how many posts are here and everyone is happy ! So where do we go from here ? Any thoughts ? Comments ? What can we do better ? 0002
We can continue being light hearted, we have that going for us. This forum has recently been handed a double dare challenge, I think we slimed ourselves. Nickelodeon anyone?

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:37 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
We can continue being light hearted, we have that going for us. This forum has recently been handed a double dare challenge, I think we slimed ourselves. Nickelodeon anyone?
I’m confused , which is easy . What are you referring to in reference to double dare challenge and sliming ourselves . Have I missed something? Feel free to PM if something is amiss . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 pm
I’m confused , which is easy . What are you referring to in reference to double dare challenge and sliming ourselves . Have I missed something? Feel free to PM if something is amiss . 0002
PM-ed

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:52 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 pm
PM-ed
Thank you 0009 ! You are a stand up guy . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Not to sideline this very good question. Where do we go from here?

You can find me in the sock drawer. Sadly all of the knives lack factory edges. 😅

MNOSD 0009
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 am
:') :') I know three men that have been in there, they sure don't seem to be as brave as me !
5 minutes in my classroom and they'd crawl out :nerd

Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:33 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 am
:') :') I know three men that have been in there, they sure don't seem to be as brave as me !
5 minutes in my classroom and they'd crawl out :nerd
Hahahha! On top of that, you could give those Legion guys a lesson on making a razors edge!

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 pm
I tried explaining the shirt to my wife when I opened it. "You see there was a guy... and then he said... So then someone... Sweetheart, you remember Greg right?"

O man, almost the identical conversation here. Wife sneaked up on me while working on one of our many logos. "WHAT are you doing." (Notice the ostensible question ends with a period...not a good sign.)

"Oh! Honey, it's really funny. See, there was this guy on the Spyderco forum, get this, he said: Well, it's not so much what he said, as what he implied, see? So what he said...well, what he said wasn't wrong, exactly, but, a lot of guys thought it was ironic, in a funny way, so then..."

...at which point I realized I was talking to an empty room.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189