No Time To Die

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

No Time To Die

Post by MacLaren »

Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond.
I was meaning to watch the Bond movie over the weekend but, didn't get to.
So, I already know what happened.
And, if any of yall that doesn't yet know how it ends, then don't look at this thread and for goodness sakes, don't Google the movie or Daniel Craig either.....
That being said, to those that have saw the movie, what did you think of it?
ChrisinHove

Re: No Time To Die

Post by ChrisinHove »

I liked it, a lot! Craig has been the best Bond to date, imho.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’ve yet to see the movie.

Daniel Craig is also my overall favorite James Bond, mainly due to his intensity and athleticism, that far exceeds any other Bond actor. As far as humor and clever puns go, my favorite is still Sean Connery. But when it came time to get down-and-dirty physical, Connery was awkward and stiff.

Jim
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

I really dislike Daniel Craig. He has stated repeatedly in the past that he is a firm supporter of gun control for civilians. He earns his money by playing with all sorts if exotic weaponry but feels that civilians can't have guns. I saw the movie on Saturday. It will probably be the last 007 film i'll see due to his replacement. I think they will probably try to make another one and then shelve 007 because the fans won't see the movie. Sad that the character had to go.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:15 am
CORRECTION!! Sean Connery was thee James Bond of all time!! As a youngster in the 60s I got to see all of the premium James Bond movies from 1964 (Goldfinger) to 1972 ( Diamonds are Forever). And I've never yet seen any actor that can begin to equal Sean Connery.

However some people are different in their "likes" and "dislikes". As a kid I wanted to grow up to be like Sean Connery. That guy went through women like Kleenexes :cheap-sunglasses
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

no matter what it's like, it's not gonna have anything on Never Too Young To Die https://youtu.be/os0jHF4slps
archangel

Post by archangel »

Another big Daniel Craig GJBOAT supporter. I'm sad this has been his last. But: James Bond Will Return!

I'm really hoping DC will be succeeded by TH. He's the ONLY legitimate contender, if you ask me.

Edit: Connery is the best JB of the past. DC is the best of all time.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 am
ChrisinHove wrote:
CORRECTION!! Sean Connery was thee James Bond of all time!! As a youngster in the 60s I got to see all of the premium James Bond movies from 1964 (Goldfinger) to 1972 ( Diamonds are Forever). And I've never yet seen any actor that can begin to equal Sean Connery.

However some people are different in their "likes" and "dislikes". As a kid I wanted to grow up to be like Sean Connery. That guy went through women like Kleenexes :cheap-sunglasses
:grin-squint
Connery was certainly the best *before* Craig, by a country mile. Never Say Never Again tarnished his Bond legacy a little, though.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

YUP.

Sean Connery was the best James Bond no doubt. :smiling-cheeks

Thunderball.. Sean Connery and For your Eyes Only - Roger Moore are my two favorites :cheap-sunglasses
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

archangel wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am
Another big Daniel Craig GJBOAT supporter. I'm sad this has been his last. But: James Bond Will Return!

I'm really hoping DC will be succeeded by TH. He's the ONLY legitimate contender, if you ask me.

Edit: Connery is the best JB of the past. DC is the best of all time.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but the fact I know you are talking Tom Hardy without ever having contemplated who the next Bond would be, says a lot.

Who is in contention for next Bond? Is that a thing?
So it goes.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 pm
Who is in contention for next Bond? Is that a thing?
I was under the impression it was essentially already decided, and the actress is in "No Time to Die."
Of course, I could be wrong...
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

James Y wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 am

Daniel Craig is also my overall favorite James Bond, mainly due to his intensity and athleticism, that far exceeds any other Bond actor. As far as humor and clever puns go, my favorite is still Sean Connery. But when it came time to get down-and-dirty physical, Connery was awkward and stiff.

Jim
I struggle with best Bond- I am 47 so most of my Bond formative is Roger Moore. I still think he’s the most suave. I think Connery is the most alpha but being raised in the south, the roughness with the women was always off putting. Dalton didn’t get a fair shake but he wasn’t charismatic enough to get more time in the role. Bronson was good in many roles but was too dainty for Bond, my opinion only
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:05 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
ChrisinHove wrote:

:grin-squint
Connery was certainly the best *before* Craig, by a country mile. Never Say Never Again tarnished his Bond legacy a little, though.
I guess I'm a bit partial because I grew up watching 60s & 70s James Bond movies. and yes I do remember Thunderball too.

He was the ultimate secret agent of that era anyway. That was back in the days of "Spectre". I think Diamonds are Forever is my all time favorite 007 flick. Those 60s movies are more true to Ian Flemming's work than any of the newer ones are in my humble opinion.

Now there was one Roger Moore 007 flick I liked and I'm ashamed to say I forgot the title. But Sean Connery is 007!!! and always will be.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:47 pm
But Sean Connery is 007!!! and always will be.
Always been a fan of his work as 007. I used to think that Pierce Brosnan was a pretty decent 007, but then Daniel Craig came on the scene. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

The one Roger Moore 007 movie I really liked a lot was Live And Let Die. I think that was his first James Bond movie. Near the end of his run as Bond, Moore was looking way too old.

George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan were so-so as James Bond, IMO.

My favorite James Bond movies were and still are Thunderball and Diamonds Are Forever, which starred Sean Connery.

As I mentioned earlier, I feel that Daniel Craig’s James Bond comes across as the most dangerous, especially in his physicality. So in that sense, I feel he is the best all-around Bond. But I don’t like any of his 007 movies as much as those two aforementioned Sean Connery Bond movies.

In spite of Sean Connery as Bond, I hated Never Say Never Again. He should “Never Again” have played James Bond after Diamonds Are Forever.

Jim
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

James Y wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:08 pm
The one Roger Moore 007 movie I really liked a lot was Live And Let Die. I think that was his first James Bond movie. Near the end of his run as Bond, Moore was looking way too old.

George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan were so-so as James Bond, IMO.

My favorite James Bond movies were and still are Thunderball and Diamonds Are Forever, which starred Sean Connery.

As I mentioned earlier, I feel that Daniel Craig’s James Bond comes across as the most dangerous, especially in his physicality. So in that sense, I feel he is the best all-around Bond. But I don’t like any of his 007 movies as much as those two aforementioned Sean Connery Bond movies.

In spite of Sean Connery as Bond, I hated Never Say Never Again. He should “Never Again” have played James Bond after Diamonds Are Forever.

Jim

Jim,

Yeah, Thunderball, it was just THAT good all the way around IMO. :cheap-sunglasses

Just pure true 007 at it's finest.

And without all the GUI etc. ;)

Jim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

James Y wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 am

Jim
That's pretty much how I feel about it too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Cool. I'm gonna try and see it on the Silver Screen before it leaves.
A lot of people didn't like the movie though.
They said it was really un-like most Bond movies, besides the obvious ending of course.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Hiddleston, not Hardy. :eye-roll You got me there, I missed that Hardy was in the race, too.

Loki is the only next Bond for me.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I enjoyed it. First movie I’ve seen in theaters in a long time. The last part of the film had a similar plot to the video game Metal Gear Solid in my opinion.