Your Most Used/Worn Knife

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderLine

Your Most Used/Worn Knife

Post by SpyderLine »

My most used knife is a Benchmade 940. This knife was carried daily for 4 years and has seen a ton of use!
20210923_120030_compress67.jpg
20210923_120020_compress42.jpg
20210923_120013_compress57.jpg
20210923_120037_compress24.jpg
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Naperville

Re: Your Most Used/Worn Knife

Post by Naperville »

My most used knife is a Hinderer XM-24 Wharncliffe. It is similar to the YoJumbo.

https://youtu.be/cILFIe4yIjw
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

One of my more heavily-used knives, with its backup above it.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Man, that PM2 has seen some action!
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Easily my user 52100 PM2.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Manix 2 LW Maxamet. Its my favorite and most frequent EDC. I also have no back up for it. Maybe I should get one...
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

This one was given to me about fifty years ago, and it was well-used then.
IMG_3060.jpeg
RLR

Post by RLR »

If I need to chop or dig the old Ontario Rat 7 comes out:
BE828131-B015-4C7D-B6B7-9AD63FC6CE65.jpeg
All coating scrubbed off and blade probably a little shorter than when new.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

RustyIron wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:54 pm
This one was given to me about fifty years ago, and it was well-used then.

I've got a few similar, that are the most used knives I own, but not most used by me...

--

As for my most used knife, that is a First Production Benchmade 707S, it was the high quality knife I bought just after high school and my only EDC knife for nearly 10 years.

Then I discovered that you could change your EDC daily, bahaha! It's been all downhill from there...

This is still a great knife, and will be in my collection indefinitely. I wish it was a plain edge...

So it goes.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don’t know if this is my most used or worn, but…

This is my first CRK, a large regular Sebenza, bought new in 2002. I used it a lot for a few years, but CRK knives have a tendency to age very gracefully, so the wear isn’t always evident in photos. Plus, I’m still figuring out how to take new photos and post them online, especially of knives.

Jim
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

James Y wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:29 pm

This is my first CRK, a large regular Sebenza, bought new in 2002. I used it a lot for a few years, but CRK knives have a tendency to age very gracefully, so the wear isn’t always evident in photos. Plus, I’m still figuring out how to take new photos and post them online, especially of knives.

Jim

Nice Sebenza, definitely a knife that's ready for a lifetime of use.

Nice picture as well. Just cropping and straightening the picture you've got, gives a nice result! Can't wait to see more pictures from you.

Ex.

So it goes.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm
yablanowitz wrote:

What PM2?

Then there is old reliable, my 8OT that's been in my pocket most days since the 70s.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 pm
MacLaren wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:

What PM2?

Then there is old reliable, my 8OT that's been in my pocket most days since the 70s.

Whatever man. I thought it was a pm2.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 pm
MacLaren wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:

What PM2?

Whatever man. I thought it was a pm2.
Haha! He's sharpened that Millie so much it does look like a PM2. I had to do a double take. It is about time for a new blade on that one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I swapped that S90V blade into the KW M4 G-10/RIL handle and put the M4 blade in that carbon fiber handle a year after that picture was taken. That Millie was my drywall work knife during a period when I was doing a lot of repair work in the apartments I maintain.
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:43 am
I swapped that S90V blade into the KW M4 G-10/RIL handle and put the M4 blade in that carbon fiber handle a year after that picture was taken. That Millie was my drywall work knife during a period when I was doing a lot of repair work in the apartments I maintain.
That would explain why it's sharpened down so much.
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
James Y

Post by James Y »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:55 pm
James Y wrote:

Jim

Nice Sebenza, definitely a knife that's ready for a lifetime of use.

Nice picture as well. Just cropping and straightening the picture you've got, gives a nice result! Can't wait to see more pictures from you.

Ex.

Thanks, Colby! 🙂

Jim
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

My most used knife over the years is easily the little POS Gerber in the center. Hahah I was young and poor and it served me well enough for a decade or so.. I had other knives budget knives over the years, but chances were that on any given day in my 20s, that little Gerber would be in my pocket. Other than some wear on the clip.. the "Gerber" writing started to wear off (is that really a bad thing haha?).. and some questionable pull-through sharpening jobs over the years, that knife held up pretty well. Man, I'm glad I got a better paying job in my 30s and discovered Spyderco & other quality brands hahah..

My most worn (abused) knives are probably the Mora and the Hogue EX-01, though they don't really look it. I'm typically a believer in "the right tool for the job," so I haven't really pushed many of my knives to their limits.. most of them are in generally good condition. That said.. whenever I get it in my head I need to do something "stupid" with a knife, I'm usually reaching for the Mora because it was so cheap that I don't care about ruining it..haha I've broken down old mattresses with that thing! Definitely one of the better values in the knife world.. that knife has held up remarkably well for some of the nonsense I've put it through and almost looks brand new! And the handle is SO comfortable..

And the Hogue EX-01.. don't ask me why but I got it my head one day that it would be a good idea to use it to cut a couch in half to make it fit in a dumpster.. it worked haha! The stonewash finish hides most of the scratches and the knife still looks brand new otherwise haha.. Pretty impressive!

All things considered, i think these three have all held up very well! In another few decades, I hope to have many more well worn knives to share hahah..

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

James Y wrote:

Jim
Jim, I'm liking this new thing where you post knife pictures!

Beautiful Sebenza you've got there.. I've always loved the Regulars! I think they only look better with age..

Keep it up with the pics! :grin-big eyes

Rick
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

You asked for it. The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard
Ever since it was introduced, I've been an advocate for the ClipiTool Standard
and it has been clipped in my pocket all day, every day.
In addition to the tactical one-handed beer bottle opener, my favorite,
it has screwdriver blades, a wire stripper and a can opener.
Full disclosure: the screwdriver blades have come in handy many times,
the can opener and wire stripper, not so much.
Except for an old man, the can opener is handy for pulling tractor hitch pin clips.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.