Baby Banter or X for partner? Small knives recommendation thread

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bleasure

Baby Banter or X for partner? Small knives recommendation thread

Post by bleasure »

I'm really interested in the BB Banter as a surprise gift for my partner (and...myself). The thing that's giving me pause more than anything is that I imagine they'll release more colors/steel combos in the future ala the Elementum, and at present despite finding the design very attractive, the blacked out one is probably the only nominally appealing one to either of us. Anyone with experience with one have any thoughts? Anyone heard rumors of new varieties in the pipeline?

In general I'm looking for a small (~2.5in), un-assisted, flipper-less locking knife. Already have a DF and a Squid, but would absolutley welcome recommendations for other well-loved small knives if anyone feels like offering any. We both like the looks of some smaller knives like the micarta Baby Core (I *really* want one, too expensive atm), WESN micro, stubby version of the Pilar, Civilware Striker, etc.
Airlsee

Re: Baby Banter or X for partner? Small knives recommendation thread

Post by Airlsee »

If you can get a Lil' Native, that would be my first recommendation.
So it goes.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Li'l Native or a Ladybug.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The Squid is a great knife for the money, and I love my full size Banter. If you like the Squid, I'm pretty sure you'll love the Baby Banter.

In addition to the other suggestions, be sure to check out the Astute if you don't mind a little more edge. It's a brilliant design and quite affordable.