Introvert or extrovert, or...?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
PineyBoy

Re: Introvert or extrovert, or...?

Post by PineyBoy »

Extrovert in a land of introverts.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Absolutely an introvert to the core. I rather dislike people to be honest. The internet is a great thing for some of us who want to interact and talk with others but do so on our own terms. Really though I keep my circle very very small and I'm totally ok being by myself most of the time.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:28 pm
Take this free test: https://www.truity.com/test/type-finder ... st-new-std

It's not as good as the full test, but gives an indication. Take it at least twice. Be as gut honest as possible.
Anybody take this test, yet?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:49 pm
Doc Dan wrote:

It's not as good as the full test, but gives an indication. Take it at least twice. Be as gut honest as possible.
I did on lunch break a few days ago. The results are what I hoped I'd see, since I feel like can be both introvert and extrovert at times. I just expected the percentage to go the other way. 64% extroverted for me!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I just did. Showed me at 57% introverted, 43% extroverted, which sounds about right.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:15 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I did on lunch break a few days ago. The results are what I hoped I'd see, since I feel like can be both introvert and extrovert at times. I just expected the percentage to go the other way. 64% extroverted for me!
What was your MBTI type?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:41 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I just did. Showed me at 57% introverted, 43% extroverted, which sounds about right.
What was your MBTI type?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

OK, I took it once so far, and I found many of the questions difficult to judge a right answer for. Such as the question about do you always voice your opinion or not. Well, it depends on the situation. And I found several of the questions were like that. It ALWAYS depends on the situation.

I didn’t look at MBTI type, only if I’m more introvert or extrovert. According to my answers, I’m 56% introversion and 44% “extraversion.” I don’t really feel that is accurate, again, because of the ambiguity of many of the questions. I tried my best to answer as honestly as I could, but IRL, depending on the situation, it could be either/or, or any degree in-between. So I don’t think the percentage I got on that is an accurate reflection of who and what I really am. As I’ve said, although I am an introvert I am not shy. But I know that I’m more than 56% introverted.

Jim
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I took it twice because i don't remember seeing MBTI. I was 91% introverted yesterday and I'm 95% introverted today. But i don't see anything that says MBTI? I got a few "badges"... The Inspector, the Craftsperson, the Protector. I had the same three yesterday except in the reverse order.

Edit:. Added the badges
•• Beau
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I took it twice because i don't remember seeing MBTI. I was 91% introverted yesterday and I'm 95% introverted today. But i don't see anything that says MBTI? I got a few "badges"... The Inspector, the Craftsperson, the Protector. I had the same three yesterday except in the reverse order.

It will give you a report that says something like INFJ, ENTP, and fourteen other types. It will tell you your most likely type. It was on the page that said you are an introvert or extrovert (I or E).

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

James Y wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:52 pm
OK, I took it once so far, and I found many of the questions difficult to judge a right answer for. Such as the question about do you always voice your opinion or not. Well, it depends on the situation. And I found several of the questions were like that. It ALWAYS depends on the situation.

I didn’t look at MBTI type, only if I’m more introvert or extrovert. According to my answers, I’m 56% introversion and 44% “extraversion.” I don’t really feel that is accurate, again, because of the ambiguity of many of the questions. I tried my best to answer as honestly as I could, but IRL, depending on the situation, it could be either/or, or any degree in-between. So I don’t think the percentage I got on that is an accurate reflection of who and what I really am. As I’ve said, although I am an introvert I am not shy. But I know that I’m more than 56% introverted.

Jim
It will give you a report that says something like INFJ, ENTP, and fourteen other types. It will tell you your most likely type. It was on the page that said you are an introvert or extrovert (I or E).

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:10 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

The "badges" have letters. ISTJ= The Inspector, ISTP= The Craftsman & ISFJ= The protector
It must be a little accurate because I'm a mechanic and i got the Craftsman personality in there.
•• Beau
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

The "badges" have letters. ISTJ= The Inspector, ISTP= The Craftsman & ISFJ= The protector
It must be a little accurate because I'm a mechanic and i got the Craftsman personality in there.
Yes, it was giving you the range of what you most likely are. These are only INDICATORS of your personality type. The Myres-Briggs has been tested, verified, and updated more than any other test of its kind and is pretty accurate. The best thing to do, if you really want to know, is to take the full, real test. For me, at first I thought it was mistaken. I took it three times (the full actual test) and came up with the same thing each time. Then, I talked to an expert in the Myers-Briggs and she was able to show me that it told me a lot of things about myself that I had wondered about. I even found out why I performed average in school in spite of being well above average in intelligence. I found out why I was always so uncomfortable with people. I finally was able to start understanding myself. That helped me to work on areas where I was weaker. I am also an introvert, but introvert does no mean closed off or withdrawn. That is another problem. The urban myth says introverts are quiet and don't talk. Not true. Study the Myers-Briggs. Introversion means that you might prefer to be alone (but you might not) but it certainly means that you get your energy from within yourself and give it out to others, so it drains you to be around others as they suck it out of you. You have to get alone to recharge.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

68% extrovert 32% introvert
Josh
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Buddafucco wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ISTP You can read about it here.
https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ISTJ

Which one sounds the most like you?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:23 pm

https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ISTP You can read about it here.
https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ISTJ

Which one sounds the most like you?

I don't think they're 100% me, but they're fairly close to describing me. ISTJ is probably the closest.
•• Beau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

49% introvert 51% extrovert

Doesn’t get much more ambivert than that.

Intp- the architect, very good match

Entp- the inventor, very good match

Entj- the commander, good match

Overall I think this is a pretty close.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

One more to try. See what you get with this one and if there is any agreement.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:02 am

I got 91% introvert ISTJ "inspectors" on this test. So... Pretty much the same as the other test.
•• Beau
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:25 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:02 am

I got 91% introvert ISTJ "inspectors" on this test. So... Pretty much the same as the other test.
So, without having taken the actual Myers-Briggs test, that might be a good indication of your personality type. Remember, not everything will fit. It is an indicator of your tendencies, but not everything.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050