Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

A Real-Life SCP That Turns People Insane? The Jerusalem Syndrome Explored

(Mystery Middle East channel)

Another excellent and well-researched video. Mysterious Middle East has become one of my favorite YouTube channels on paranormal nonfiction.

https://youtu.be/0osrkzlmj_w

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Were Real Giants Discovered Across the Black Sea Region?

(Mysterious Middle East channel)

https://youtu.be/bVMRap2mO5E

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Yemen's Barhout Well: Its Dark History Explored

https://youtu.be/Dnb7tqwZrig

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Vishap Sea Monsters: Turkey's Real Lovecraftian Horror

https://youtu.be/qDm4EZ_dUfs

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

What is Remote Vampirism in North Africa and Middle East? Sumerian Vampires, and Mauritanian and Ethiopian Demonology

https://youtu.be/zg7OqN8qmC4

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

There were a number of accounts from my dad's side of the family of paranormal events, mainly told to me by my dad. My grandpa had a large produce farm in Ventura, and they (grandpa, my 5 uncles, and my dad) would drive down to Los Angeles regularly to sell their produce. When they did that, they would stay at old, affordable hotels. Some of their paranormal encounters occurred at these old hotels. These would have happened sometime in the 1920s or 30s; they lost the farm when WW2 began and the family was sent to a Japanese-American relocation camp in Poston, Arizona.

When they went to L.A., they mostly shared rooms, but one time an uncle had a room by himself. He was wide awake, lying on his back and staring up at the ceiling. He noticed a small, black dot. As his eyes focused on it, it appeared to grow and drift down towards him, taking on the appearance of a skull-like face. Then, very quickly, it shot down under his bed. Then he could feel two large, powerful arms and hands reaching up from UNDERNEATH AND THROUGH the bed, restraining him to the bed. He said he tried to yell to alert my uncles in the next room, but no sound would come out. He said he struggled for what seemed like forever. Eventually the restraint let up. IIRC, at that point he bolted out of that room, alerted my uncles in the next room, and probably slept on the floor in their room.

To be clear, my grandpa, uncles and dad were physically strong, tough men who lived hard lives; they were not scaredy-cats.

The paternal side of my family had many types of experiences that nowadays would be called "paranormal."

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Fairies: Strange Encounters and the Missing 411 Connection?

In one part of the video, he discusses the misfortunes met by people who take rocks and wood from the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona. This is also true in many other locations, including Pompeii, Italy; Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii; as well as some ghost towns and national parks in the contiguous United States. I'm 100% sure that such places exist all over the world, in virtually every country. IMO, your best bet is to know the location you're going to, and when in doubt, leave any objects (rocks, dirt, wood, unearthed antiques or shards of pottery, etc.) where they are.

https://youtu.be/FeG2VsLW5QE

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Terrifying Truth Behind the Film Curse of 'The Exorcist'

(Mystery Archives channel)

https://youtu.be/QDMAe6K9kOU

Jim
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Well, my considerably better half came home after an evening out with an ex colleague and now friend last night, who has lived for a good number of years about half a mile away in a 1960s era detached suburban house, with her husband and, now only occasionally, her student son.

The friend told my wife over dinner that ever since having moved into the house, when otherwise empty she would hear faint sounds of a discussion or murmurings in the house hallway. They never felt threatening or sinister, but neither his son or husband could hear them. Also she would occasionally hear footsteps on the upper floor, when no one else was in the house. Again this was never experienced by her husband or son.

A year or so ago they had an extension built on the rear of the house and since then the voices have stopped.

However, last week the friend’s elderly father came to visit. Husband was out and son away, studying. Halfway through a conversation the father turned and said “I thought **** was out? He’s upstairs!” He, too, had heard clearly defined footsteps!

The friend was actually relieved that someone else had heard them. I’m not so sure I would have been….
James Y

Post by James Y »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:51 am
Well, my considerably better half came home after an evening out with an ex colleague and now friend last night, who has lived for a good number of years about half a mile away in a 1960s era detached suburban house, with her husband and, now only occasionally, her student son.

The friend told my wife over dinner that ever since having moved into the house, when otherwise empty she would hear faint sounds of a discussion or murmurings in the house hallway. They never felt threatening or sinister, but neither his son or husband could hear them. Also she would occasionally hear footsteps on the upper floor, when no one else was in the house. Again this was never experienced by her husband or son.

A year or so ago they had an extension built on the rear of the house and since then the voices have stopped.

However, last week the friend’s elderly father came to visit. Husband was out and son away, studying. Halfway through a conversation the father turned and said “I thought **** was out? He’s upstairs!” He, too, had heard clearly defined footsteps!

The friend was actually relieved that someone else had heard them. I’m not so sure I would have been….

Thank you for sharing, Chris!

Some people are more sensitive or perceptive of these types of phenomena than others.

OTOH, in some cases, it also seems that certain individuals are selected, or 'targeted' to experience things by whatever is there, while other members of a household don't seem to experience anything at all.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

It was 15 Feet Tall

Narrated by Dark Waters (James Williams)

There have been a few reports of Bigfoot/Sasquatch creatures estimated to be in the 13 to 15 foot height range, but if this account is true, this was definitely not a Bigfoot. The more human-looking description matches more with reports from Alaska, and possibly other places, of gray-skinned mountain giants; some reported to be as tall as 18 to 20+ feet.

https://youtu.be/OOh8wypZ7Gw

Jim
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

James Y wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:58 am
ChrisinHove wrote:
….

Some people are more sensitive or perceptive of these types of phenomena than others.

OTOH, in some cases, it also seems that certain individuals are selected, or 'targeted' to experience things by whatever is there, while other members of a household don't seem to experience anything at all.

Jim
Interestingly and upon reflection, although it would be easy for me to visit and investigate for myself, I really don’t want to. Experiencing nothing as a brief visitor would prove nothing, and I’m not sure I could cope with other possible outcomes!

Chris
James Y

Post by James Y »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:02 am
James Y wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:58 am
ChrisinHove wrote:
….

Jim
Interestingly and upon reflection, although it would be easy for me to visit and investigate for myself, I really don’t want to. Experiencing nothing as a brief visitor would prove nothing, and I’m not sure I could cope with other possible outcomes!

Chris

You mean possibly having an attachment at the location and bringing it home with you? That's always a possibility. I've heard of people who were just visiting cemeteries who inadvertently picked up spirit attachments.

Years ago, when I wanted to get some time to myself away from other people, I would occasionally drive a few miles out to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, a large, beautiful cemetery for military vets. Because it's on a peninsula. On the east side, you can see San Diego Bay and the city skyline, and on the west side, the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Most days, it's a peaceful place. I eventually stopped going there, after hearing about incidents where some people accidentally picked up attachments in other cemeteries, even though it never happened to me, and it's a rare occurrence, anyway. I figured, why take the chance? I had no personal reason to be there (no relatives are buried there). It was just beautiful to walk the grounds, and sit and watch the scenery. TBH, I never felt anything odd or out of sorts whenever I was there.

In my younger years, I also visited the Whaley House a few times, also not far from where I live. It's a California State landmark, and a recognized haunted house. Nothing ever followed me home from there, either. But I won't be going back because, although I never experienced anything there myself, I don't want to take the chance of anything 'attaching' to me.

It's not being fearful, but being aware. Like when I'm driving, I check my mirrors and turn to look when switching lanes; not out of fear, but out of simple awareness and caution to avoid accidents.

Jim
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Jeepers, Jim, I hadn’t considered anything following me home!

I was just fearful of my entire belief system….I’ve been happily agnostic on such issues for decades!

Chris
James Y

Post by James Y »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm
Jeepers, Jim, I hadn’t considered anything following me home!

I was just fearful of my entire belief system….I’ve been happily agnostic on such issues for decades!

Chris

Oops! Sorry, Chris! It seems I misread your meaning at the end of your previous post.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Magic, Monsters, and the Search for the Real Necronomicon

https://youtu.be/TuesIw-OZA4

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Intense Poltergeist Activity Caught on Video

Captured by a man in Wales, who left a camera running in his house.

https://youtu.be/AGzOrNVI0_8

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Alaskan Little People

(Subarctic Alaska Sasquatch channel)

https://youtu.be/1o04VDBDB1k

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

'Uncle Kevin and My Dogman Encounter'

Narrated by Dark Waters (James Williams).

Dark Waters is one of the best storytellers of nonfiction paranormal topics on YouTube. He takes true accounts from people he personally talks to, and makes them repeat their accounts several times over varying time periods, to see if the details change or remain consistent, as well as observing their mannerisms over time, as his way of vetting. Then, he memorizes the stories by heart, then narrates them in his own words, without reading off of any script or notes. The way he tells the witnesses' accounts makes you feel as if you're right there with them. This is truly a unique skill.

https://youtu.be/hrzZZsNMSl0

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Man Turns Life Around After Shocking NDE (Near-Death Experience): Shown Truth About Opportunities

This man's experience is quite different from those in other NDE account videos I posted, for reasons you will see if you listen to his full account.

https://youtu.be/HfVTbSrhNK4

Jim