Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:57 pm
James Y wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:22 pm
Thanks for sharing that, Bloke.

I am willing to bet it was your guardian angel that prompted you, and/or you listened to your own intuition. I'm glad that things have worked out for you. It seems that you've been blessed.

Jim
Thanks mate! I have been bless with way more than I deserve, that’s for sure.

This is the rigger I was working with that day he was 17yrs older than me a mentor and good mate.

You couldn’t ride loads on mobile cranes but you could tower cranes. The thing in his right hand is his bell rope. That’s how you signaled the driver. Our beloved Sydney Harbour in the background ...

This is him being a billygoat. Ah, hahaha! Must have been some office girls looking out their windows. Ah, hahaha!

Great stories and great pics, Bloke!

Wow! That second pic gives me a bit of the heebie-jeebies! One little slip or a wind gust…

😳

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“More Legends From The Deep Dark”

Sam Ayres, with guest “Dark Waters” (James Williams)

I’m putting this episode up before the one they did from last year. I know I’m doing it “bass ackwards,” but I’ve listened to this one first. I may post the one from last year at some point later on.

Starting from around 2:50, Dark Waters discusses some of his history, as well as how much work that he puts in to vetting each and every paranormal story he presents. On a side note, whenever I listen to Dark Waters, I can’t help but see Samuel L. Jackson in my mind; they sound a lot alike.

Dark Waters gives his own danger rating of various cryptid creatures.

There are several fascinating stories here, but the ones I’m going to highlight come closer to the end, because they contain accounts of encounters with very unusual creatures/entities:

Mermaids, and a mermaid encounter (@ 43:45)
Chased by a vampire (@ 52:10)
Bat-faced man (@ 1:00:45)

Note: Some of these stories contain profanity.

https://youtu.be/XYfVUi9uUlU

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Rampaging Monkeys Kill 250 Dogs In Revenge Massacre

NOT paranormal, but definitely unusual:

https://youtu.be/gw5O5oX67Gs

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dark Waters Interview: Dark Stories Of Creatures That Go Bump In The Night

This is the interview Sam Ayres did with Dark Waters last year, as mentioned two posts ago. If you are interested in true accounts of cryptids such as Bigfoot, Dogman, and other things out there that are even far more bizarre than that, this discussion is a treasure trove.

Dark Waters (James Williams) is the real deal, and does not accept BS in the stories he presents. Each story he discusses and/or presents has survived a very thorough vetting process. He is actually my favorite YouTube presenter of true horror accounts.

https://youtu.be/XxrLG9lO4oU

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Possible Thunderbirds, Winged Enigmas, And Weird Flying Anomalies

I really love Lon Strickler’s Phantoms and Monsters website. He is one of the very best researchers of paranormal and cryptid encounters.

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... igmas.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bigfoot Bonanza: Bigfoot Versus Dogman (true Bigfoot accounts, presented by Dark Waters)

Note: The first two minutes is only the show’s opening.

Bigfoot intro (@ 2:00)

Story #1: Saved By A Bigfoot (@ 2:43)

Story #2: Terrorized By A Bigfoot (@ 8:55)

Story #3: Bigfoot vs Dogman (@ 15:47)

https://youtu.be/_-UgLDvNeeg

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dogmen Siege of Lockett Ranch, 1948 (full version)

An epic true story based on the memories of Edward Lockett III, presented by Dark Waters.

The story begins from around 0:47.

https://youtu.be/wRZ9PEcgmm0

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Can A Book Be Considered Paranormal And Supernaturally Hazardous? That’s A Big Question!

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/12/ ... -question/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

‘Alien Family’ Disappears at Colorado Wendy’s Restaurant

This is a really weird account. Although I have heard or read other accounts that shared some similarities: Bizarre-looking people who are oddly-dressed, with very bizarre mannerisms, seen in businesses or knocking on people's doors, then mysteriously vanishing without a trace.

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... orado.html

Jim
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:00 am
Interesting thread. ...
G’day Michael, I read this when you first posted it and it can tell you it truly rattled me.

When I was 5yrs old, I remember because I was in kindergarten, my first year of school. I too had a dream about my dad that upset me. I can’t remember what it was exactly but it was about my dad and it wasn’t good. Not sure if I told anyone about it but I do remember being upset and prolly frightened.

That same day dad suffered a collapsed lung. Fortunately he made a full recovery and he’s now a spritely 88yrs old.

I very much feel for you and family at such a horrendous and irreplaceable loss.

Our second bedroom at our place here in Randwick, Sydney is haunted. It was our daughter’s bedroom. Anyhow, I snore and when beloved wife has had enough she banishes me to one of the other bedrooms. Same as when I drink rum, she hates the smell and tells me to piss off and stop breathing on her. Ah, hahaha!

I always go to the second bedroom as the third is set up for our grandkiddies. Most nights just as I transition into sleep someone/something screams in my left ear and I’m startled awake. I don’t feel threaten but it annoys me. On a couple of occasions it’s happened twice.

One night after being startled twice I had a dummy spit and yelled out “Just $#%@ off and leave me alone!”. There was a bit of a whoosh and someone or something chuckled just outside the window. I thought good riddance and went to sleep. A couple of days later it was back again.

Anyhow, it’s been a couple of months now since anyone/anything screamed in my ear and I hope writing this doesn’t bring it back.

Strange thing is I often fall asleep before I finish praying and that is generally when the scream startles me awake.

Just as strange I s’pose, is it’s never happened to beloved wife, or our son. I mentioned it to our daughter (now 35yrs old) a while back in conversation and her response was “Oh my God, someone/something was always whispering in my ear when it was little in that room. I didn’t tell anyone but that’s why I swapped rooms with Christopher (her brother).

Go figure!

Thank you very much for the kind words, Bloke. I really appreciate that. I'm glad that your father is still doing well and staying active. :) Thinking back on these premonitions always gives me a chill. It only happened the one time and never again (for which I am grateful for). Man, that is crazy about the haunted room at your house. :hushed-face We once rented a house many years ago that I believe was haunted. (My folks would wake up at night and hear what sounded like children running up/down the old wooden staircase. When they went to investigate, they found nothing. It seemed these noises would take place especially when my siblings and I were off staying with grandparents, etc.) Creepy! :hushed-face
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

SpyderNut wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am
Bloke wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:56 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:00 am
Interesting thread. ...
G’day Michael, I read this when you first posted it and it can tell you it truly rattled me.

When I was 5yrs old, I remember because I was in kindergarten, my first year of school. I too had a dream about my dad that upset me. I can’t remember what it was exactly but it was about my dad and it wasn’t good. Not sure if I told anyone about it but I do remember being upset and prolly frightened.

That same day dad suffered a collapsed lung. Fortunately he made a full recovery and he’s now a spritely 88yrs old.

I very much feel for you and family at such a horrendous and irreplaceable loss.

Our second bedroom at our place here in Randwick, Sydney is haunted. It was our daughter’s bedroom. Anyhow, I snore and when beloved wife has had enough she banishes me to one of the other bedrooms. Same as when I drink rum, she hates the smell and tells me to piss off and stop breathing on her. Ah, hahaha!

I always go to the second bedroom as the third is set up for our grandkiddies. Most nights just as I transition into sleep someone/something screams in my left ear and I’m startled awake. I don’t feel threaten but it annoys me. On a couple of occasions it’s happened twice.

One night after being startled twice I had a dummy spit and yelled out “Just $#%@ off and leave me alone!”. There was a bit of a whoosh and someone or something chuckled just outside the window. I thought good riddance and went to sleep. A couple of days later it was back again.

Anyhow, it’s been a couple of months now since anyone/anything screamed in my ear and I hope writing this doesn’t bring it back.

Strange thing is I often fall asleep before I finish praying and that is generally when the scream startles me awake.

Just as strange I s’pose, is it’s never happened to beloved wife, or our son. I mentioned it to our daughter (now 35yrs old) a while back in conversation and her response was “Oh my God, someone/something was always whispering in my ear when it was little in that room. I didn’t tell anyone but that’s why I swapped rooms with Christopher (her brother).

Go figure!

Thank you very much for the kind words, Bloke. I really appreciate that. I'm glad that your father is still doing well and staying active. :) Thinking back on these premonitions always gives me a chill. It only happened the one time and never again (for which I am grateful for). Man, that is crazy about the haunted room at your house. :hushed-face We once rented a house many years ago that I believe was haunted. (My folks would wake up at night and hear what sounded like children running up/down the old wooden staircase. When they went to investigate, they found nothing. It seemed these noises would take place especially when my siblings and I were off staying with grandparents, etc.) Creepy! :hushed-face

Thank you for sharing that, Michael.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Sasquatch Chronicles: ‘Living Next To Skinwalker Ranch’

The area in and around Utah’s Skinwalker Ranch is considered a ‘Grand Central Station’ for paranormal activity, including sightings of orbs, UFOs, Bigfoot creatures, Dogmen, translucent “glimmering” humanoid entities, “little people,” poltergeist activity, apportations, “portals,” and, of course, skinwalkers. Far more than just Bigfoot/Sasquatch creatures and UFOs. Skinwalker Ranch had also been extensively studied by scientists, when it was purchased and owned by Robert Bigelow, founder of Bigelow Aerospace, who also has a deep interest in paranormal research.

The first couple minutes is only the program intro. The actual interview begins after around 2:02:

https://youtu.be/t9eQVfZlGP4

Jim
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

James Y wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:30 pm

Jim
It's my pleasure. I hadn't thought about that incident until Bloke mentioned his experience. On a side note, I still drive by that same house on a regular basis. I wonder if the current owners have noticed anything strange?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

SpyderNut wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:53 pm
James Y wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:30 pm

Jim
It's my pleasure. I hadn't thought about that incident until Bloke mentioned his experience. On a side note, I still drive by that same house on a regular basis. I wonder if the current owners have noticed anything strange?

I’ll bet they have. Then again, it sometimes happens that new owners move into a house where the previous owners experienced activity, and they experience nothing. Or at least for a while. It’s also not uncommon for a house with no previous activity to become active when people start renovating. Or they bring in an object, like an antique, that might have energies attached to it. And sometimes it’s the person who is haunted, or the land itself, more than the house or building.

If there were some way to calculate, I’d like to know the percentage of buildings that are “haunted,” or have had some type of legitimate activity. I’m betting that what we call “spirits” or nonphysical entities are EVERYWHERE, but aren’t always interacting with our physical world.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bizarre Cases of Bigfoot and Portals to Other Dimensions

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... imensions/

Now, the vast majority of people would see the title to this article and sneeringly dismiss it. But I think there is a lot going on that connects ‘cryptid’ phenomena with the ‘paranormal.’

IMO, the idea of portals to other dimensions or ‘frequencies of existence’ opening up is not far-fetched at all. I’ve been open for some time to the possibility that at least many of the more inexplicable disappearances (meaning the approximately 1% of missing persons cases that don't have commonly-known reasons, and therefore qualify as Missing 411 cases) could be related to the people who vanished inadvertently stepping through ‘portals’ that open up/become active at certain times and areas, either randomly or purposefully, and they are unable to find their way back out. There are MANY accounts of people crossing an invisible barrier into places/landscapes that differ from where they had been, and only coming back out of it through sheer luck, just like the account by Larry Kelm in the article. What about those who don’t? If that is what is happening, IMO it is among the most terrifying types of paranormal phenomena.

The idea of portals goes WAY beyond a possible connection to the Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenon. Note: I am NOT saying that Bigfoot creatures are responsible for the Missing 411 disappearances, but that the portals themselves could be.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Creepy Man Hunts Hiker For Days Near Mount Rainier, Washington

IMO, creepy and evil human beings are often creepier and far worse than any cryptid or spirit entity. Especially the crazy types you might encounter out in the wilderness.

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... -near.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bizarre Encounters With Raptor-Like Dino Cryptids

I’ve seen the alleged dinosaur photo, mentioned in the article, of the man holding a rifle in one hand and the little “dead dinosaur” in the other; it looks like total BS to me.

That said, do I think there is truth to the sightings of dinosaur-like creatures, though? I do. And it’s my belief that it has more to do with temporary “cross-overs” or “bleed-throughs,” coming through “portals” from another frequency or dimension than it does with hidden populations of dinosaurs. Meaning sometimes they’re here, but most of the time they’re not. That doesn’t mean that they can’t be physical (or semi-physical) creatures, but that their manifestation in this frequency, or plane of existence, which may happen under certain conditions, is only temporary. Similar to many of the other cryptid creatures. I cannot say this with any certainty; it is simply my own opinion, and a belief that has also been gaining ground in recent years, based on many eyewitness accounts of various types of cryptid creatures suddenly appearing or vanishing.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... -cryptids/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Never Visit Dogman Island

Another vetted true story, presented by Dark Waters (James Williams).

The story begins @ 0:32.

https://youtu.be/dj4_DqXe-Wc

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Here are a couple different articles of creature encounters that fall WAY outside of the standard Bigfoot (and even Dogman) reports:

The Terrifying Tale of Penelope, the Monster of the Sierra Nevada

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... ra-nevada/

Sightings of “deer men” are not entirely unheard of. However, most of the time, the entities are reported to have an unusually tall man’s body, the head of a deer, and to walk upright. The entity in the story below has virtually the opposite description.

“Deer Man” Encountered by Friends in Tappahannock, Virginia

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... ds-in.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Life of a Paranormal Writer/Researcher: How Weird Can it Get? VERY WEIRD!

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... ery-weird/

Jim