Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

10 Nightmare Stories From Hurricane Katrina

Presented by Dark Waters; a collaboration with “Mr. X Dreams.”

This collection of TRUE horror stories is very creepy, as well as disturbing. Including, and perhaps especially, the ones with no paranormal content at all.

The first couple minutes is just Dark Waters’ normal opening to his videos; you can skip to:

Intro to stories; @ 1:57:

Story #1; @ 2:41:
Story #2; @ 5:12:
Story #3; @ 9:15:
Story #4; @ 18:20:
Story #5; @ 20:20:
Story #6; @ 25:42:
Story #7; @ 29:18:
Story #8; @ 32:45:
Story #9; @ 35:17:
Story #10; @ 37:20:

https://youtu.be/9SVhnmYsyy0

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:24 pm
max808 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:13 am

Most legends seem to be at least partially based on fact so doesn't sound that far fetched at all, considering government programs have been researching and developing directed energy weapons for years. Even sound can be very harmful when directed at a certain frequency and intensity and there seems to be a lot of potential for crowd control. Walls of Jericho anyone?

Max,

Yes, sound can definitely be harmful when used and directed in certain ways.

I wonder if it was some type of directed weapon using either infrasound or microwaves that was the reason behind Havana Syndrome?

Jim
Haven't heard of Havana Syndrome but did go down a Mandela rabbithole a few years ago and that went deep, not sure I ever came out of that one... :winking-tongue

Managed to verify the Ford one looking at a old skool Capri from the seventies even fondling the badge and it looked pretty legit and period correct.
:cheap-sunglasses
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 am
Haven't heard of Havana Syndrome but did go down a Mandela rabbithole a few years ago and that went deep, not sure I ever came out of that one... :winking-tongue

Managed to verify the Ford one looking at a old skool Capri from the seventies even fondling the badge and it looked pretty legit and period correct.
:cheap-sunglasses

🙂

Speaking of Mandela Effect…

Unexplained Experiences: NDE (Near-Death Experiences), Time-Slips, Bi-Location, or Possible ‘Mandela Effect?’

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... slips.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

‘Guardian Angel’ Appears Along Rocky Oregon Coast

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... rocky.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Missing 411 - David Paulides Presents 3 Native American Women Who Vanished Under Similar Circumstances

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this is NOT a thread about David Paulides or his Missing 411 work. However…many of the vanishings in the Missing 411 cases have “paranormal” overtones. So I will occasionally post certain selected Missing 411 videos. Among the most fascinating parts of Paulides’s videos is when he reads personal accounts he receives in emails from people who follow his work. Because some of these accounts discuss “almost vanishings,” and may contain clues as to what is actually happening in many of the missing persons cases that fit the Missing 411 profile.

I will highlight emails he reads that I find relevant to this discussion of the highly unusual, and/or paranormal.

I am also highlighting an email Paulides reads from one of his haters; the first time he’s ever read one aloud in a video. Why am I highlighting where this is? Because the troll email represents the mentality of MANY of the trolls who attack his character and his work; many of whom consider themselves to be intellectuals, but in actual fact, they do not understand the first thing about his work, nor do they actually read any of his work. I’m highlighting this troll email, because there is a concerted effort by certain groups and individuals to discredit the Missing 411 research and information. Why such toxicity towards him, and all the irrational and false assumptions about him and his work? Because he’s on to something. The vast majority of his haters, and the biggest critics of him and his research, are people who have only read ABOUT it by others who want to discredit him. Such as the ones who say that, because Paulides has written some books on Bigfoot, that he thinks that Bigfoot is responsible for all of the people that go missing, and that the Missing 411 cases are all ordinary disappearances that Paulides only tries to make sound mysterious. Wrong on both counts. There are also many people now who copy Paulides’s work, even using the title “Missing 411” in their videos, and adding their own assumptions, saying that Bigfoot or Dogman or other cryptids are taking people, when Paulides himself has never once said or even implied such things. Then other people see THEIR work and confuse it with David Paulides’s work. Also, the Wikipedia page about David Paulides was put together by his critics, and is full of false information to discredit him and his work.

I’m only highlighting certain emails; there’s a couple I’m not highlighting. Note: While reading each email, Paulides often adds some of his own commentary.

He reads emails at 10:20, 19:15, 23:34, and 30:25.

David Paulides reads an email from a troll at 40:15. I also challenge anyone who thinks that David Paulides is just a con man, to listen to his comments after he reads the email.

The missing women cases are discussed from 54:10:

https://youtu.be/9bcC8T6PgIo

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“La Mona” in Costa Rica

This is reportedly footage from a security camera of what is believed to be a “La Mona,” which is similar in description to a Native American skinwalker (a witch who can shapeshift into other forms). But who knows what it really is.

https://youtu.be/0Ehyp6xEfq8

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Sinister Sacrifice in the Heart of England: Ritual Horror

Don’t let the title put you off; the story is fascinating.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/11/ ... al-horror/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Telekinesis, by “Telekinesis Guru” (3 videos below)

Interesting videos. BTW, I’m not trying to practice it, at least at this time. At first I was a bit skeptical; not about telekinesis, but about many of the YouTube channels about it. I felt kind of the same about this guy, but now I think he is legit. I’m guessing that he’s originally from Russia(?). He follows a specific method he outlines in his videos, and there are a lot of them. He does not do it for money or the notoriety, and he explains why, as well as why he wears a mask. And he comes across to me as truthful, but YMMV. The one about live shows doesn’t actually show him in one, but he explains why he no longer does them.

I’ve been interested in telekinesis for some time. An acquaintance of mine many years ago could do some light telekinesis, and showed it to me with a pencil. And no, there were no hidden strings or wires attached to the pencil. The guy I was acquainted with was an older guy, probably in his 60s at the time.

https://youtu.be/teYbr24djfo

https://youtu.be/4IwbRfDebGs

https://youtu.be/tfwU-XjqOGE

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

James Y

Post by James Y »

Skinwalker/“Yee Naaldlooshii” Encounter Accounts

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... unter.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Kainoa Blackeagle discusses shape shifting (and other things).

The little hairy being he describes encountering but refuses to name sounds like a Pukwudjie.

https://youtu.be/5haVHrtdNV8

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

10 True Horror Stories

More vetted true stories narrated by “Dark Waters.” This collection of true stories is excellent. I have identified the start time of each of the stories. Note: With the exception of story #9, “Dogman of Bayou Sauvage,” which Dark Waters had previously uploaded on YouTube separately with that title, I made up the rest of the story titles for posting here, to identify them based on their content.

The only story NOT narrated by Dark Waters is #6, “Voices,” which is a recording of the actual experiencer giving his own account.

Stories 8 and 10 have no paranormal content, but are also disturbing, especially #8, “Under Threat.”

1. Courtroom Horror (@ 1:18)
2. The Hellhound (@ 6:19)
3. Lights Out! (@ 11:15)
4. Ouija Board (@ 15:55)
5. Beware The Black-Eyed Kids (@ 18:55)
6. Voices (@ 21:56)
7. Look Under The Bed (@ 30:30)
8. Under Threat (@ 32:32)
9. Dogman Of Bayou Sauvage (@ 37:37)
10. The Dancer And The Stalker (@ 46:25)

https://youtu.be/VdUhQO7ryjg

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Unbelievable Tale Of An African Game Ranger

From 10:18 to 10:40, the story is interrupted/goes silent for an ad that shows up when you watch it on YouTube.

At around 18:16, the story ends, and the narrator starts giving some of his own commentary. It’s hard to tell the dividing line between story and commentary unless you’re listening very carefully, due to the narrator’s monotone delivery throughout.

I’m not sure if this one is true or not. Which is it? You decide.

https://youtu.be/R7TZNTmKVRc

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Missing 411: David Paulides Presents 3 Missing Persons Cases From Wyoming

Once again, note that David Paulides does NOT imply in any way, shape or form that Bigfoot is responsible for any of the types of disappearances he investigates and includes in his Missing 411 research. In actual fact, the truth is pointing to something FAR more bizarre, and possibly even unexplainable.

I highly recommend listening to the entire video. But if not, I have highlighted certain parts of it below. IMO, the letters he reads from viewers are some of the best parts of these videos; even more so than the cases themselves. David Paulides himself admits as much. Because many letters may contain some clues or possibilities as to what may actually be happening in some of the Missing 411-type cases. I also recommend listening to the part where David discusses ‘portals.’

1. Request for listeners’ unusual accounts in the wilderness (@ 2:10)
2. 1st letter (@ 3:48)
3. David discusses the idea of ‘portals,’ and their possible involvement in disappearances (@ 5:50)
4. 2nd letter (@ 10:55)
5. 3rd letter (@ 28:20)
6. The missing persons cases (@ 34:00)

https://youtu.be/RIWvtkYflEg

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Jim I was thinking about something this past Thanksgiving Day holiday concerning the popularity of Paranormal type TV shows. On most of these Holiday weekends the "SyFy" channel on many occasions do those "Twilight Zone" marathons and other marathons that are similar. And whenever I have a chance or opportunity I always like to spend about 5 hours or so watching those old late 50s/early 60s Twilight Zone shows as well as the "Outer Limits" which I liked about as much as the Twilight Zone.

That shows me that many more people than would willingly admit do indeed have a huge interest in the "paranormal". But most of those fanatics of the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and even old Star Trek re-runs are people who do have a deep curiosity about paranormal happenings or just the concept of the paranormal.

What I'm saying is that I do believe there are a lot of "closet paranormal" fanatics who don't make their interest known because of fear of ridicule. It is amazing how many hard core fans of the Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits and other paranormal shows still to this day are huge in numbers. I do hope you all get the point of what I'm trying to get across. Most fans of older paranormal shows won't outright admit how fanatical they are about those shows. Just something to think about and consider.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:42 pm
Jim I was thinking about something this past Thanksgiving Day holiday concerning the popularity of Paranormal type TV shows. On most of these Holiday weekends the "SyFy" channel on many occasions do those "Twilight Zone" marathons and other marathons that are similar. And whenever I have a chance or opportunity I always like to spend about 5 hours or so watching those old late 50s/early 60s Twilight Zone shows as well as the "Outer Limits" which I liked about as much as the Twilight Zone.

That shows me that many more people than would willingly admit do indeed have a huge interest in the "paranormal". But most of those fanatics of the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and even old Star Trek re-runs are people who do have a deep curiosity about paranormal happenings or just the concept of the paranormal.

What I'm saying is that I do believe there are a lot of "closet paranormal" fanatics who don't make their interest known because of fear of ridicule. It is amazing how many hard core fans of the Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits and other paranormal shows still to this day are huge in numbers. I do hope you all get the point of what I'm trying to get across. Most fans of older paranormal shows won't outright admit how fanatical they are about those shows. Just something to think about and consider.

Joe,

Thanks for posting. Yes, I think you do have a point that there are probably a lot of “closet paranormal fanatics,” or possibly even closet believers.

But actually, I think a lot of sci-fi fans would NOT be ashamed of, or afraid to admit liking The Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, The X-Files, etc., shows that deal with the unusual and/or the paranormal. Because it’s all considered sci-fi/fantasy to most people. Fans of those shows may like watching fictional shows about high strangeness and the paranormal, without necessarily believing in it. For other fans, those shows represent nostalgia for an era that’s long gone. I don’t know if people are afraid to admit being fans of those shows, any more than people are afraid to admit liking fantasy like Game of Thrones, which many people are proud to admit being fans of.

I do believe there are many more people nowadays who either believe or are open to the paranormal.

Personally, I don’t mind if people are skeptical and/or don’t believe. A *healthy* degree of skepticism is a good thing. However, I have known a couple of individuals, and I am aware of several more, who were hard-core skeptics of the paranormal, to the point of being arrogant about it. Then, when something paranormal did happen to them that they could not explain or deny, some of them were emotionally traumatized. I found it odd that the most rigidly skeptical either became emotional about it, became totally confused, or went into complete denial and shut down over it. Furthermore, often the incidents that caused them such emotional trauma were not even that special, in terms of paranormal events (at least IMO). I’m NOT saying that someone who’s had paranormal experiences, or is somewhat used to them, is any more special as a human being. I am saying that there are some hard-core skeptics for whom it doesn’t take much to disturb them and shatter their worldview, whether they openly admit to it or not.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Those are all good points you make Jim as you usually do. What I also was trying to get across was that there are probably way more people that either do believe in the paranormal (closet believers) or have an inclination to believe it based on testimonies from trusted people. My own pastor who claimed he never ever believed in paranormal events that were told to him over the years as a minister>> however he told me of one event where him and his brother both encountered some type of ghostly encounter in an old abandoned house that many other people had said they had paranormal experiences with in that same abandoned house. He said that he had never encountered anything like that ever before and the fear was so intense. To this day he is very reluctant to share that experience with anyone about it except people that he really deeply trusts.

Jim just like that encounter I had in a State Forest here in Missouri about 20 years ago that I had told you about privately some time back. I've got to admit that if someone had told me they had a similar encounter I probably wouldn't have believed them prior to my own experience. The point being is this>> most people simply have to experience something like that themselves to be convinced. And I don't blame them because there are so many lies and BS that many unscrupulous people tell just to get attention. I still get creepy feelings when I think about that encounter I had on that day some 20 years ago. And I was 100% sober, not taking any medications and was wide awake and mentally sharp when I had my experience. And to this day I can't get that encounter out of my head. I seriously doubt if the person I encountered in the forest that day was truly a human being the more I think about it. The aura of fear that overtook me that day was so intense I can't forget it or brush it aside. There were only two times in my entire life I experienced that level of fear.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Thanks for mentioning that experience in your post. I remember when you shared it with me sometime back.

Yes, I know there is a lot of BS out there. It does pay to have healthy skepticism. I don’t just believe everything I hear. I only post things in this thread that are known to be true, or that are vetted by the person who posted them, whose judgment I trust. If there is any possibility of doubt and I still post it, I will say so. There are a lot of obviously fake stories, especially in YouTube videos, that are trying to pass as real. Those are pretty easy to spot and determine as fake.

I never had to believe in the paranormal. I had my first experience when I was 4 years old, when I saw a man/being in a hallway in our house that looked like an image made up of countless dotted lights, similar to an image in TV static. That same day, I also learned that not everybody believes, or is able or willing to see it. My mom would not look when I pointed at him, and when she finally did, he had walked off. The experience did not scare me. I posted about it earlier in this thread. So I always took it for granted from an early age that things exist alongside of us that most people are unaware of. I didn’t know it was “paranormal,” and I certainly never heard the word back then. In more recent years, my older brother told me he used to see beings coming in and out of his room at night.

What always seems weird to me are supposedly “spiritual” people who disbelieve in the existence of spirits and other paranormal things. There are a LOT of people like that, but that’s as far as I’m speaking on that, because I don’t want this thread becoming a religious discussion.

And yes, I am certain there are many more people who believe in the paranormal than will openly admit to it.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

David Paulides Tells Us His Personal And Most Unusual Wilderness Stories

Most of these accounts easily fall into the paranormal realm (except for the one about the little boy and his negligent parents):

https://youtu.be/RRhdNExa_SQ

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Time Portal in the British Columbia Triangle?

This video presents several true accounts of possible ‘time slips,’ not only in Canada. The first story, “The Moberly-Jourdain Incident,” occurred in France, and is very famous; I first read about it many years ago. These kinds of accounts are fascinating, and IMO may represent a temporary merging or “bleed-through” of different time periods, or even timelines, as opposed to ghostly “apparitions.”

All the stories were titled, and their locations in the video are identified below:

Intro: Apparitions (@ 0:00)
1. The Moberly-Jourdain Incident (@ 4:02)
2. The Phantom Surgery at Pennsylvania Hall (@ 18:36)
3. Scenic Apparitions in Canada (@ 25:51)
4. The Ghost Camp of Fort Macleod (@ 26:16)
5. The Phantom Train of Medicine Hat (@ 29:25)
6. The Phantom Cattle Drive of Courtney Lake (@ 31:05)

https://youtu.be/Zyt45ZWudvE

Jim