Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

Ghost Encounters on LA-190 (narrated by Dark Waters)

The backstory and stories begin from 1:11.

“Ghost” is a catch-all that is often used by people to describe any nonphysical paranormal entities. IMO, the entity seen in the third account does NOT sound like a typical human “ghost,” but some other, more malevolent type of entity.

https://youtu.be/Rtrx73ibrHk

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

James Y wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:32 pm
type of encounter
https://youtu.be/VVwG4VwlWsg
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Long ago I once saw (or thought I saw) a floating orb in my room at night. To this day I do not know if it was real or a dream. My brain now thinks of it as a real event, but I also know that memories are fragile and malleable. I also sometimes suffer from visual migraines that can cause very odd visual distortions. This very well could have been the first occurrence of that I remember. Who knows?

My late father reported to us that on the night his mother passed and before he got the call, he was laying in bed staring at the ceiling when something passed overhead. It was later when he got the call that his mother had passed. I firmly believe what he said as he was never one prone to flights of fancy. Alas, I saw nothing when my parents passed.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:22 pm
James Y wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:32 pm
type of encounter
https://youtu.be/VVwG4VwlWsg

Thanks, Bloke. But video unavailable. Weird. :thinking

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am
Long ago I once saw (or thought I saw) a floating orb in my room at night. To this day I do not know if it was real or a dream. My brain now thinks of it as a real event, but I also know that memories are fragile and malleable. I also sometimes suffer from visual migraines that can cause very odd visual distortions. This very well could have been the first occurrence of that I remember. Who knows?

My late father reported to us that on the night his mother passed and before he got the call, he was laying in bed staring at the ceiling when something passed overhead. It was later when he got the call that his mother had passed. I firmly believe what he said as he was never one prone to flights of fancy. Alas, I saw nothing when my parents passed.

Thanks for sharing!

It’s difficult to say whether what you saw was actually an orb or a visual distortion, as you say. However, it is very possible that you did actually see an orb. It’s not uncommon to see things like that, especially when we’re not specifically looking for them. It certainly sounds like your father received a visit.

Memories can, at times, be more solid than many people realize. The being I saw during my very first experience at age 4 (mentioned earlier in this thread) is still very clear in my mind. I can replay it in my mind almost like a video. In fact, all of my “paranormal” experiences are very vivid in my mind, because when they occurred, I became hyper-aware and took special note of the details.

I haven’t seen either of my parents either after their passings, other than a couple of times in unusually lucid/detailed dreams. We often think that if we could see our departed loved ones one more time, we’d tell them a list of things, but in the lucid dreams I had, that wasn’t the case. Although I did see and hug my mom in an unusually vivid dream I had last year.

Jim
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Yes, my parents have been present in several dreams. Nothing earth shattering, mostly mundane interactions, albeit with the usual dream flair.

I have several very earlier memories that have stuck with me all these years. I guess I've lead a pretty boring life in that they have not been pushed down by more recent memories.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
James Y

Post by James Y »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:34 am
Yes, my parents have been present in several dreams. Nothing earth shattering, mostly mundane interactions, albeit with the usual dream flair.

I have several very earlier memories that have stuck with me all these years. I guess I've lead a pretty boring life in that they have not been pushed down by more recent memories.

It doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve led a boring life. Perhaps you simply have a good memory, especially for things that might have stood out from the norm?

I have a good memory, especially for time periods and events. I used to think that everyone could remember things in the same way, but some (many) people have poor memories. A LEO friend of mine told me he can’t remember anything before the age of 8, and it had nothing to do with any physical or emotional trauma. He said, “earlier than that is just too long ago.” He’s only a year older than I am, and his memory for most things seems fine.

Jim
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

James Y wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 am

It doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve led a boring life. Perhaps you simply have a good memory, especially for things that might have stood out from the norm?

I have a good memory, especially for time periods and events. I used to think that everyone could remember things in the same way, but some (many) people have poor memories. A LEO friend of mine told me he can’t remember anything before the age of 8, and it had nothing to do with any physical or emotional trauma. He said, “earlier than that is just too long ago.” He’s only a year older than I am, and his memory for most things seems fine.

Jim
In my case it has been a boring life, but by my choice early in life. :grin-smiling-eyes I picked a path and have stuck with it. Whether that was wise or very shortsighted is open for debate.

My memory is not considered good as I can rarely remember important things, but some trivial things imprint deeply.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
James Y

Post by James Y »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:57 am
In my case it has been a boring life, but by my choice early in life. :grin-smiling-eyes I picked a path and have stuck with it. Whether that was wise or very shortsighted is open for debate.

My memory is not considered good as I can rarely remember important things, but some trivial things imprint deeply.

We are all unique individuals. 🙂

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Too 3 People Swallowed Alive by the Forest (Missing 411 cases)

I’m posting this mainly because Mr. Ballen is giving full credit to David Paulides, creator of the Missing 411 research, as these are cases that have been presented in Mr. Paulides’s books. These are not the weirdest, because pretty much every Missing 411 case involves bizarre circumstances.

Sometime ago, I was communicating with a skeptic of David Paulides’s work and told him about the first case presented here, and to look into this case. BTW, this skeptic had NEVER read any of David Paulides’s work, and knowing nothing about him or his work, was convinced that Paulides is a con man. This skeptic said that there is absolutely nothing unusual at all about the disappearance of this runner, and that it was totally normal and explainable. How he came to that ridiculous conclusion is absolutely puzzling, especially when the searchers themselves found it bizarre. The skeptic also had no explanation for it, even though he said it was perfectly explainable. I stopped even attempting to open closed minds after that.

https://youtu.be/UR5ZTc9ZwxU

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Out of Left Field: Dogman and Demons (narrated by Dark Waters)

Two interesting true stories.

https://youtu.be/ZvwF59MlEBw

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Glitch: Alternate Reality + Deja Vu + Mandela Effect

This account is extremely interesting, IMO.

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... ja-vu.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Skinwalker Ranch Story

This is the general story that made Skinwalker Ranch in Utah world-famous. What Mr. Ballen doesn’t mention is that that entire area, not just the ranch property itself, is rife with “high strangeness,” or paranormal activity; it had been for a very long time, and it still is. The area had long been feared by the native Utes, long before these accounts took place. Another thing that Mr. Ballen neglected to mention is that the billionaire Robert Bigelow, who purchased the ranch for the purpose of scientific study, is not just any billionaire; he was the founder of Bigelow Aerospace. Bigelow later sold the ranch to another millionaire or billionaire, who still keeps it for scientific study of paranormal phenomena and off-limits to the public to this day. Anyone who thinks that Skinwalker Ranch is a hoax hasn’t done their research on it, as it is one of the most scientifically studied paranormally active locations in the world, or at least within the contiguous United States.

https://youtu.be/6t3BASZ0xQw

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Hikers Experience High Strangeness Along the Trail

These types of accounts make me think of the Missing 411 cases, and wonder if those who go missing under inexplicable circumstances had experienced the same or similar phenomena as in these accounts, but didn’t make it back out, at least not alive. These experiencers who made it out could be classified as “almost vanished.”

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... eness.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

‘Satyr’ Stalks Campers in Saskatchewan Wilderness

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... hewan.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

A Home to Bigfoot, Wild Men and Eerie, Ghostly Lights: Texas’ Big Thicket

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... g-thicket/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

David Paulides, Missing 411: More Bizarre Cases of Missing People

I’m posting this because Tom Foster, who posted this video, gives full credit to David Paulides, originator of the Missing 411 research. This video is all David Paulides himself discussing some of his Missing 411 cases with Coast to Coast A.M. host George Knapp. Paulides himself has stated before that the disappearances that qualify as mysterious and unexplainable enough for inclusion into his Missing 411 research make up about 1% of all missing person cases. There are still a LOT of them, and they share certain patterns/criteria that fall way outside of those of normal disappearances. So, contrary to what his critics say, Paulides is NOT saying that everyone who goes missing does so under mysterious circumstances. He also never says he knows what is causing such disappearances, either; quite the contrary. He has stated that anyone who says they know and can explain exactly what the causes of these disappearances are haven’t actually done the research. His mind is open to many possibilities.

https://youtu.be/IsbXhTNKg-I

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Strange and Incredible Tales of People Who Miraculously Survived Being Shot and Shot At

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/01/ ... d-shot-at/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

David Paulides Missing 411 Unexplained Disappearances

David Paulides shares more cases, and discusses several characteristics and patterns that distinguish Missing 411 cases from normal disappearances with explainable causes.

https://youtu.be/9phiUeh01hY

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bi-Pedal ‘Dogman’ Observed in Jura Mountains, France

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... -jura.html

Jim