Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

Thanks again for sharing, Max.

The martial art I specialize in is Choy Lee Fut, which I’ve trained since 1993, although I train all on my own now. I first began martial arts around 1973, with Judo. I was also a black belt in Kenpo Karate, and trained in other arts, including Northern Praying Mantis (Tanglang Quan), the latter which I trained in Taiwan. However, my emphasis recently is not limited by style or system, as I’ve kept various skills that have proven useful to me over the years, into something that is simple and effective for myself.

I was specifically emphasizing the practice of neck and throat strikes, because many martial artists (including myself in the past) emphasize practicing techniques that are suited to sparring and competition, and ignore things like neck and throat (or other vital area) strikes, which have the potential to be much quicker fight-stoppers in emergency SD. They’re also not normally expected. And for them to come out when you might really need it, you must practice the heck out of them until they become ingrained, natural actions, without telegraphing them. Otherwise, under the pressure of a real SD situation, one will resort to a ‘competitive sparring’ mindset, where such a response is inappropriate. Many people think the “dirty” stuff will automatically come out in a life-or-death situation when they need it, without actually practicing it; and for the most part, that is a myth. Under sudden, immediate pressure, you will fight the way you trained.

If you’re interested in the subject of martial arts, check out my other thread, “Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread.”

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Harming With Energy At A Distance

NOTE: This post could have easily gone in the martial arts discussion thread, but the actual occurrence described might be more appropriate here.

There was a Taoist master from China who had lived in the US since the 1950s (I think), whose initials were “SKL.” I’m not giving his actual name, because he was famous in Chinese martial arts circles in the States, and many of his disciples are still alive and teaching, so it may not be appropriate for me to reveal his identity. I met him a few times, but my Choy Lee Fut sifu had studied Qigong under him back in the 1960s. SKL passed away several years ago, but I had heard many stories about him, from many sources, over the decades.

In his younger years, SKL had worked as a Tong enforcer; that’s all I’m saying on that. SKL was the person who first introduced Tui Na Chinese Medical Massage to the American public in 1975. He was a master of Qigong, Tai Chi, and Taoist martial arts.

Among the stories I had heard was one told by my own sifu, and this definitely counts as something “paranormal.” Supposedly, SKL had the actual ability to injure somebody without physical contact, using energy and intent. Once, back in the 1960s or possibly the 1970s, a guy didn’t believe, and wanted proof. I guess it took some convincing for SKL to agree, but SKL had the man stand across a wide, busy boulevard (in L.A.), while SKL directed the palm of his hand towards the guy. I don’t know how long it took. Then SKL and others with him crossed the street to talk to the guy. When they got there, the man was feeling pain in his chest. When they lifted his shirt, there was a red palm mark on his chest, and another was on his back, directly opposite the one on his chest. They got him back to the place where SKL taught, by which time the guy was very sick, and SKL had to apply special massage and herbal medicines to clear it up. Asked what would have happened if he hadn’t gotten the massage and herbal treatment, SKL told him he would have eventually died.

Now, I know this sounds like “Dragonball Z” BS. But my sifu was there and saw it for himself, and my sifu is not a liar, and he is nobody’s fool. The guy had not marked himself with red palm prints beforehand.

Back in 2004, I had a private Qigong energy healing treatment from SKL, in a treatment area in his house. I had been seeing him for a shoulder problem. He was in his late 80s at the time. Lying on my stomach with my eyes closed, I could feel the intense energy coming from his hands, which were held away from my body. The energy literally felt like hot, tiny needles. I’ve experienced energy healing from others, but I’ve never felt energy with that intensity from anyone, before or since. IMO, if SKL had wanted to focus his energy to harm someone, if anybody could have done it, it would have been him.

Note: SKL still believed that actual contact was necessary for real fighting.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“Unclean” (Narrated by Dark Waters)

This is an extremely creepy and nightmarish true story. Apparently, there are more and more of these types of encounters happening around the world.

I recommend skipping to 2:25, where the actual story begins:

https://youtu.be/L6I6AWT2NAA

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:06 pm
Thanks again for sharing, Max.

The martial art I specialize in is Choy Lee Fut, which I’ve trained since 1993, although I train all on my own now. I first began martial arts around 1973, with Judo. I was also a black belt in Kenpo Karate, and trained in other arts, including Northern Praying Mantis (Tanglang Quan), the latter which I trained in Taiwan. However, my emphasis recently is not limited by style or system, as I’ve kept various skills that have proven useful to me over the years, into something that is simple and effective for myself.

I was specifically emphasizing the practice of neck and throat strikes, because many martial artists (including myself in the past) emphasize practicing techniques that are suited to sparring and competition, and ignore things like neck and throat (or other vital area) strikes, which have the potential to be much quicker fight-stoppers in emergency SD. They’re also not normally expected. And for them to come out when you might really need it, you must practice the heck out of them until they become ingrained, natural actions, without telegraphing them. Otherwise, under the pressure of a real SD situation, one will resort to a ‘competitive sparring’ mindset, where such a response is inappropriate. Many people think the “dirty” stuff will automatically come out in a life-or-death situation when they need it, without actually practicing it; and for the most part, that is a myth. Under sudden, immediate pressure, you will fight the way you trained.

If you’re interested in the subject of martial arts, check out my other thread, “Martial Arts Experiences Discussion Thread.”

Jim

蔡李佛拳

Thanks Jim, in honor of Shaolin legacy in general I took the liberty of posting your school's traditional characters. Looks very impressive, from what I've seen it comes down to a healthy and peaceful mind in a well maintained temple (see my sig) with the ability and ill intent to blitz an antagonist with max force and chi when they invade your space violently. Sounds like classic warrior monk philosophy and I love it! Have loved it for a long time ever since I started collecting Jackie Chan tapes as a lil punk in the late eighties. Then came that Shaolin trilogy with Jet Li and I was all in. He had just won the Chinese National Championship in traditional form and was still in his teens but such a prodigy. I hope and pray he's doing well cuz I heard some bad rumors.

Haven't seen the temple of Shaolin trilogy in years but I remember one scene vividly where Jet wraps some newspapers around a tree and violently pounds his fists into the tree until there is no more newspaper and only blood and broken bark left, including some in his knuckles... actual bark, actual blood! 😲 Around here we call that Shaolin fist or iron fist maybe dragon fist depending on who you talk to and you definitely don't want to catch one in the throat or neck or plexus for that matter cuz it will take someone out, even big dudes. Thank God there is so much emphasis on discipline and restrain to exercise that potentially lethal force in most martial systems and that's where the healthy and balanced mind comes in play.

It's that peaceful mindset that originally drew me to aikido, the founder once said
"the purpose of aikido is to reconcile the world"
but let me tell you some of the techniques we were taught were pretty ruthless and could permanently damage most joints and tendons when applied correctly. Most used finish was knee on neck and strike or stab to throat in case of tanto, not sure if that was traditional or more a result of our particular sensei's past. My personal favorite is still iaido, does Spyderco have a katana in their catalog? :winking-tongue I guess it comes down to the old adage "Aim for peace but prepare for war" which I strive for always, but sometimes fail at. Also one finger zen but that's a whole nother rabbithole... You have a good one Jim.

Max
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:34 am
蔡李佛拳

Thanks Jim, in honor of Shaolin legacy in general I took the liberty of posting your school's traditional characters. Looks very impressive, from what I've seen it comes down to a healthy and peaceful mind in a well maintained temple (see my sig) with the ability and ill intent to blitz an antagonist with max force and chi when they invade your space violently. Sounds like classic warrior monk philosophy and I love it! Have loved it for a long time ever since I started collecting Jackie Chan tapes as a lil punk in the late eighties. Then came that Shaolin trilogy with Jet Li and I was all in. He had just won the Chinese National Championship in traditional form and was still in his teens but such a prodigy. I hope and pray he's doing well cuz I heard some bad rumors.

Haven't seen the temple of Shaolin trilogy in years but I remember one scene vividly where Jet wraps some newspapers around a tree and violently pounds his fists into the tree until there is no more newspaper and only blood and broken bark left, including some in his knuckles... actual bark, actual blood! 😲 Around here we call that Shaolin fist or iron fist maybe dragon fist depending on who you talk to and you definitely don't want to catch one in the throat or neck or plexus for that matter cuz it will take someone out, even big dudes. Thank God there is so much emphasis on discipline and restrain to exercise that potentially lethal force in most martial systems and that's where the healthy and balanced mind comes in play.

It's that peaceful mindset that originally drew me to aikido, the founder once said
"the purpose of aikido is to reconcile the world"
but let me tell you some of the techniques we were taught were pretty ruthless and could permanently damage most joints and tendons when applied correctly. Most used finish was knee on neck and strike or stab to throat in case of tanto, not sure if that was traditional or more a result of our particular sensei's past. My personal favorite is still iaido, does Spyderco have a katana in their catalog? :winking-tongue I guess it comes down to the old adage "Aim for peace but prepare for war" which I strive for always, but sometimes fail at. Also one finger zen but that's a whole nother rabbithole... You have a good one Jim.

Max

Cheers to you, too, Max! 👍🏻

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

True Stories About People Being Kidnapped By The Forest Spirits - The Orang Bunian

The Orang Bunian are invisible supernatural beings in Indonesian, Malaysian, and Bruneian beliefs. They are very similar to the Fey, or Fairies (Faeries) of European beliefs, as well as beings reported among Native Americans, and similar stories of various beings the world over. The Jinn (Djinn) in Islamic beliefs that are mentioned in this video have similarities. BTW, Jinn/Djinn is the word from which “Genie” was derived.

I will add my own observations that, similar to European Fairy/Faery beliefs, in some of these accounts, those kidnapped by the Orang Bunian are offered lavish food. According to some Fairy beliefs, one should never accept food or drink offered by the Fey (Fairies). And I would assume the same should apply to anything offered by the Orang Bunian. Accepting and consuming such food and/or drink could cause someone to become obsessed with them, or trapped in their world. There are also some beliefs from such disparate cultures as some rural Indonesians and some Native Americans that going into the forest wearing bright-colored clothes can make someone more prone to being ‘taken.’

Stories of those who are taken by the Fey as well as the Orang Bunian bring to mind some of the unexplained disappearances in the Missing 411 cases reported by David Paulides.

https://youtu.be/RdcZpemaF5s

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:17 am
蔡李佛拳

Cheers to you, too, Max! 👍🏻

Jim
Thanks Jim, but really does Spyderco make a katana?

Back on topic, this is the only footage I ever came across of true one finger zen form.

One of the most unusual things I've seen anyone do.
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
James Y

Post by James Y »

Max,

Spyderco never made a Japanese katana. If they ever did, it would be WAAAY too expensive. They did make a Darn Dao (AKA Dan Dao; AKA Darn Do), which was Spyderco’s version of the Chinese broadsword/saber.

This was the One Finger Zen I remember first seeing back in the ‘80s. Unlike the guy in the other video, this old monk didn’t suffer any ill effects from it like the other guy apparently did.

https://youtu.be/EfunQGum8dU

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:59 am
Max,

Spyderco never made a Japanese katana. If they ever did, it would be WAAAY too expensive. They did make a Darn Dao (AKA Dan Dao; AKA Darn Do), which was Spyderco’s version of the Chinese broadsword/saber.

This was the One Finger Zen I remember first seeing back in the ‘80s. Unlike the guy in the other video, this old monk didn’t suffer any ill effects from it like the other guy apparently did.

https://youtu.be/EfunQGum8dU

Jim
Thanks Jim, just searched the archive for katana and there were over 400 results, found one thread and revived it so as to avoid redundancy. Just to see if the idea is totally insane or practically doable. Not knowledgeable on seki-city but I imagine they've been producing quality blades for centuries much like Solingen.

Most videos you'll see them lean against a wall but even that is incredible when you look at how stiff and powerful that 80 year old finger still is. Saw a young guy use the modern Shaolin technique where they balance frontal against a wall, he was ripped but his finger was not as straight as the grandmaster's. I'm glad one finger zen is finally getting the recognition it deserves after long being considered a myth.

It's already weekend over here and the boys are having a ball so I hope y'all have a great weekend too Sir.

Max
Last edited by max808 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
max808

Post by max808 »

:bug-white :bug-red :respect :bug-red :bug-white
James Y

Post by James Y »

Thanks, Max! You have a great one, too!

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

3 Creepy Stories, New Orleans, LA

These three true stories are presented by Dark Waters; the first two are narrated by a woman, and Dark Waters himself narrates the last one. Although the video is 40+ minutes total, the final story ends at 15:30. After that, the rest of the video is just random talk.

Story #1 starts from 1:55.

Story #2 starts from 6:20.

Story #3 starts from 11:10.

https://youtu.be/RwGBHYzzUB8

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dogman Encounters, Episode 381

I’ve been listening to this channel on and off for the past several years. The host, Vic Cundiff, is great, because once he gives his guests free reign to start telling their stories, he allows them to do so, without needlessly interrupting them. He also vets his guests to the best of his ability for their authenticity. The woman who gives her story in this episode comes across as especially credible.

The video is almost 80 minutes long, but IMO, this guest is an interesting speaker. She could probably read a product instruction and warranty manual and make it sound fascinating. I listened to this episode one day while cooking, and I never really felt bored at any point.

Unfortunately, this is only the link to watch it on YouTube, because it has been blocked from being embedded on other websites.

https://youtu.be/HweHBN4SL50

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

[DX587] Dogman Encounters @ US/Mexico border

Narrated by Dark Waters.

Story #1 begins @ 2:00:

Story #2 begins @ 4:30:

https://youtu.be/QKCSk15z1mg

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Strange Vanishing And Weird Reappearance of Stephen Kubacki

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/11/ ... n-kubacki/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

When An “Alien Big Cat” Crosses Paths With A “Woman In Black”

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/11/ ... -in-black/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

When A Secret Society Crossed Paths With A Red-Eyed Monster

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/11/ ... d-monster/

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:04 pm
Harming With Energy At A Distance

NOTE: This post could have easily gone in the martial arts discussion thread, but the actual occurrence described might be more appropriate here.

There was a Taoist master from China who had lived in the US since the 1950s (I think), whose initials were “SKL.” I’m not giving his actual name, because he was famous in Chinese martial arts circles in the States, and many of his disciples are still alive and teaching, so it may not be appropriate for me to reveal his identity. I met him a few times, but my Choy Lee Fut sifu had studied Qigong under him back in the 1960s. SKL passed away several years ago, but I had heard many stories about him, from many sources, over the decades.

In his younger years, SKL had worked as a Tong enforcer; that’s all I’m saying on that. SKL was the person who first introduced Tui Na Chinese Medical Massage to the American public in 1975. He was a master of Qigong, Tai Chi, and Taoist martial arts.

Among the stories I had heard was one told by my own sifu, and this definitely counts as something “paranormal.” Supposedly, SKL had the actual ability to injure somebody without physical contact, using energy and intent. Once, back in the 1960s or possibly the 1970s, a guy didn’t believe, and wanted proof. I guess it took some convincing for SKL to agree, but SKL had the man stand across a wide, busy boulevard (in L.A.), while SKL directed the palm of his hand towards the guy. I don’t know how long it took. Then SKL and others with him crossed the street to talk to the guy. When they got there, the man was feeling pain in his chest. When they lifted his shirt, there was a red palm mark on his chest, and another was on his back, directly opposite the one on his chest. They got him back to the place where SKL taught, by which time the guy was very sick, and SKL had to apply special massage and herbal medicines to clear it up. Asked what would have happened if he hadn’t gotten the massage and herbal treatment, SKL told him he would have eventually died.

Now, I know this sounds like “Dragonball Z” BS. But my sifu was there and saw it for himself, and my sifu is not a liar, and he is nobody’s fool. The guy had not marked himself with red palm prints beforehand.

Back in 2004, I had a private Qigong energy healing treatment from SKL, in a treatment area in his house. I had been seeing him for a shoulder problem. He was in his late 80s at the time. Lying on my stomach with my eyes closed, I could feel the intense energy coming from his hands, which were held away from my body. The energy literally felt like hot, tiny needles. I’ve experienced energy healing from others, but I’ve never felt energy with that intensity from anyone, before or since. IMO, if SKL had wanted to focus his energy to harm someone, if anybody could have done it, it would have been him.

Note: SKL still believed that actual contact was necessary for real fighting.

Jim
Most legends seem to be at least partially based on fact so doesn't sound that far fetched at all, considering government programs have been researching and developing directed energy weapons for years. Even sound can be very harmful when directed at a certain frequency and intensity and there seems to be a lot of potential for crowd control. Walls of Jericho anyone?
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:13 am

Most legends seem to be at least partially based on fact so doesn't sound that far fetched at all, considering government programs have been researching and developing directed energy weapons for years. Even sound can be very harmful when directed at a certain frequency and intensity and there seems to be a lot of potential for crowd control. Walls of Jericho anyone?

Max,

Yes, sound can definitely be harmful when used and directed in certain ways.

I wonder if it was some type of directed weapon using either infrasound or microwaves that was the reason behind Havana Syndrome?

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Another account about the late Taoist master “SKL” mentioned a few posts back.

A friend of mine, who works in law enforcement (and worked as a bodyguard a few decades ago), had studied Qigong (Chi Kung) with SKL. He told me that SKL had given him a very old, framed image of Lu Dongbin in the clouds. Lu Dongbin is one of China’s legendary “Eight Immortals.” You can google the name.

He said the image was weird; he said he couldn’t tell if it was a painting or a photograph. He told me it gave him the creeps. He also said that he kept it stored in his garage, and whenever he brought it out, bad luck would happen in his life.

I didn’t know what to make of it. I asked him, “Can’t you tell the difference whether it’s a photo or a painting? And how could anyone have a photograph of Lu Dongbin?” He just shrugged his shoulders. Then he asked me, “If you want, I can show it to you. You can even have it, if you want it.” No, I didn’t want it. I told him I didn’t even want to look at it. He kinda pursed his lips and shrugged again. TBH, it actually pissed me off that he even offered to give it to me, if it brought bad luck whenever it was brought out. It wasn’t the first time he’d mentioned the picture, like he was hoping someone would take it off his hands.

Interestingly enough, this same friend claimed to be a skeptic about things like ghosts and the paranormal. I know him; he’s a hardheaded guy. One day I brought up the subject of spirits just to irk him, and he said, “Let’s not talk about that stuff, because it might attract them.” So he DID believe! He finally admitted that he had been present when SKL had used a Taoist ritual to exorcise a negative spirit from the building that housed his other teacher’s Chinese herbal medicine shop, and he had actually felt a strong force move through the building and past him when it left. But he finally admitted that he always said he didn’t believe, because things like that freaked him out and didn’t fit his logical worldview.

Jim