Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by Evil D »

I'm fairly sure my house is haunted by a little girl.

It feels silly even typing this because I've never talked about it outside my immediate household, but I've heard her voice thinking it was my daughter only to go into her room and she's asleep, heard her knocking on my bedroom door at night and it's the same thing. I've heard cabinet doors in the hall bathroom slamming repeatedly (I PROMISE I'm not making this up) and I go into the bathroom and there's nothing/nobody there. The most recent WTF, I was in the kitchen doing my morning routine getting my EDC bag ready for work and I had just sat a mostly full can of Coke on the kitchen counter (had taken one big drink from it). I sat the can down over near the stove with nothing else around it, nothing underneath it. I turned my back to open the fridge and get some bottled water out and I hear that sound an aluminum can makes when you crinkle it or drop it, and I turn around and the can is knocked over on it's side spilling all over the kitchen counter. There was nothing around the can, it couldn't have been sitting uneven, it wasn't dented on the bottom, I've been through it in my head over and over and can't make sense of it. I'm the type that looks for a logical explanation for everything but I've got nothing for these.

Oh and one more, it's an older bi-level house so the main part of the house is upstairs on a 2nd floor, and the floorboards are getting creeky and need replaced. I hear them creek all the time. I only have two cats and most times when I hear this it's in the hallway and I'll get up and the cats are sleeping. The house is old enough it shouldn't be "settling" making these noises, but you definitely hear them when people walk down the hallway.

Maybe I'm crazy 🤷‍♂️
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
James Y

Post by James Y »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:41 am
I'm fairly sure my house is haunted by a little girl.

It feels silly even typing this because I've never talked about it outside my immediate household, but I've heard her voice thinking it was my daughter only to go into her room and she's asleep, heard her knocking on my bedroom door at night and it's the same thing. I've heard cabinet doors in the hall bathroom slamming repeatedly (I PROMISE I'm not making this up) and I go into the bathroom and there's nothing/nobody there. The most recent WTF, I was in the kitchen doing my morning routine getting my EDC bag ready for work and I had just sat a mostly full can of Coke on the kitchen counter (had taken one big drink from it). I sat the can down over near the stove with nothing else around it, nothing underneath it. I turned my back to open the fridge and get some bottled water out and I hear that sound an aluminum can makes when you crinkle it or drop it, and I turn around and the can is knocked over on it's side spilling all over the kitchen counter. There was nothing around the can, it couldn't have been sitting uneven, it wasn't dented on the bottom, I've been through it in my head over and over and can't make sense of it. I'm the type that looks for a logical explanation for everything but I've got nothing for these.

Oh and one more, it's an older bi-level house so the main part of the house is upstairs on a 2nd floor, and the floorboards are getting creeky and need replaced. I hear them creek all the time. I only have two cats and most times when I hear this it's in the hallway and I'll get up and the cats are sleeping. The house is old enough it shouldn't be "settling" making these noises, but you definitely hear them when people walk down the hallway.

Maybe I'm crazy 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Evil D! I don’t think you’re crazy!

When you thought you heard your daughter’s voice, did it actually sound like HER, or just a little girl’s voice you took to be your daughter’s?

I ask this because, many years ago when I was lying in bed early one morning, I clearly heard my mom’s voice right at the doorway of my open bedroom door, calling my name, “Jim!” At the time, I was fully awake but lying there with my eyes half-closed. The way she said my name meant that she wanted me to do some chore, so I shamefully admit that I feigned sleep. I listened to hear if her footsteps would go away, but there were no sounds. Was she still standing there waiting for me to answer? So I opened my eyes, and nobody was there. I know she hadn’t walked away, because I would have heard it. My room was all the way on the opposite side of the house from hers. I walked over to her room, and she was still in bed. I asked her if she’d just been to my room calling my name, and she said “No.”

I suspected it was some type of spirit being that had mimicked my mom’s voice, for whatever reason, because I had heard it loud and clear, and I hadn’t dreamt it. It hadn’t scared me, though, and it never happened again.

Jim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

James Y wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:28 pm
[

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Evil D! I don’t think you’re crazy!

When you thought you heard your daughter’s voice, did it actually sound like HER, or just a little girl’s voice you took to be your daughter’s?

I ask this because, many years ago when I was lying in bed early one morning, I clearly heard my mom’s voice right at the doorway of my open bedroom door, calling my name, “Jim!” At the time, I was fully awake but lying there with my eyes half-closed. The way she said my name meant that she wanted me to do some chore, so I shamefully admit that I feigned sleep. I listened to hear if her footsteps would go away, but there were no sounds. Was she still standing there waiting for me to answer? So I opened my eyes, and nobody was there. I know she hadn’t walked away, because I would have heard it. My room was all the way on the opposite side of the house from hers. I walked over to her room, and she was still in bed. I asked her if she’d just been to my room calling my name, and she said “No.”

I suspected it was some type of spirit being that had mimicked my mom’s voice, for whatever reason, because I had heard it loud and clear, and I hadn’t dreamt it. It hadn’t scared me, though, and it never happened again.

Jim

Hard to say, the one time I heard a voice it woke me up so I was half out of it. Maybe it's just my overprotective dad side always worrying about my kids, but that doesn't explain the other things I've heard, and the Coke can thing honestly had me pretty shook. That's the biggest first hand incident that I've ever had right in front of me (or well, behind my back) that I couldn't explain away. I don't see how a light empty can could just tip over, let alone one that's 3/4 full. I looked everywhere for anything I could have sat it down on that might have rolled away or fell off the counter but there was nothing for a good couple feet in every direction from the can.
~David
James Y

Post by James Y »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:37 pm
Hard to say, the one time I heard a voice it woke me up so I was half out of it. Maybe it's just my overprotective dad side always worrying about my kids, but that doesn't explain the other things I've heard, and the Coke can thing honestly had me pretty shook. That's the biggest first hand incident that I've ever had right in front of me (or well, behind my back) that I couldn't explain away. I don't see how a light empty can could just tip over, let alone one that's 3/4 full. I looked everywhere for anything I could have sat it down on that might have rolled away or fell off the counter but there was nothing for a good couple feet in every direction from the can.

Well, it’s good that you considered all other normal possibilities first. The Coke can incident sounds like some possible light poltergeist-type activity. Not that I’m any expert on the subject, but poltergeist phenomena includes the moving/affecting of physical objects.

Jim
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

If you're familiar with the band Cypress Hill, their lead singer "B-Real" has a podcast with a few other guys called the "Dr. Greenthumb Podcast." They had George Lopez on for an episode and their conversation was steered towards paranormal experiences they've had on the podcast. They have videos of these things happening too, so it can't immediately be attributed as a side effect of their "activities." ;) They showed George the video clips they have of these things happening during the podcast. I cant find the isolated clips of each incident but they show the clips on youtube during the full length podcast.

They're relatively benign incidents but they're unusual enough to question how they happened. The first incident they show is a card being flipped off a stationary deck of cards. (34:16) The next incident is a beer can being slowly moved across the table without being touched (35:10) and the last incident they show is a tuft of one of the co-hosts hair being flipped without being touched. (38:11)

(conversation starts around 32:00)
https://youtu.be/ZlPGbahD1o4?t=1885

They claim it's the spirit of an old man that doesn't like when people are angry. Intriguing if anything. :cheap-sunglasses
-Nick :bug-red
James Y

Post by James Y »

Thanks for posting that, Nick!

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Valley of Headless Men

Any places that Native American tribes have traditionally avoided, I would avoid completely.

https://youtu.be/wF2fa2nY0oo

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“What I Saw In My Room Still Haunts Me”

This is Mr. Ballen recounting his own story of his one and only paranormal encounter. It’s a bit long, but definitely worth a listen.

Interestingly enough, I’ve found that when something that is completely unexplainable (meaning paranormal) happens, the most skeptical people also tend to be the most terrified. I’ve seen a couple people I knew who were hardcore skeptics brought to tears when they experienced something they knew happened, but no matter how they tried to spin it, they could not explain it. It rocked their worldview so much it was traumatic for them. IMO, a degree of healthy skepticism is important; however, when skepticism is rigid and dogmatic it can become a problem.

https://youtu.be/cLCZUAlCly0

Jim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man I found his channel a couple months ago and I've watched everything he's put out. Some of it is deep into "hmm I dunno" territory but he's a pretty good story teller.
~David
James Y

Post by James Y »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:33 am
Man I found his channel a couple months ago and I've watched everything he's put out. Some of it is deep into "hmm I dunno" territory but he's a pretty good story teller.

I agree, but I would probably rate his storytelling as excellent. His delivery is spot on, which is very difficult to do. He can speak cleanly and clearly for a full nearly 40-minute video without missing a beat, while painting a vivid picture for the listener, without ever rambling or becoming boring. That's a skill and a talent that not everybody possesses.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“Bizarre Cases of the Almost Vanished”

Personally, I find these types of accounts to be the scariest of any type of paranormal phenomena. One of these stories, the one concerning the boy who went missing at Mt. Shasta, is the same one narrated in a video posted on page 2 of this thread. Like many of the accounts in this article, it was first widely publicized by David Paulides in his Missing 411 series. The story about the woman who went missing in France in the 1950s had been mentioned by David Paulides (it wasn’t one of the cases he researched); Paulides had actually learned about the account from an excellent book, Passport to Magonia, by Jacques Vallee.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/09/ ... -vanished/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“Aggressive Pale Orange Crawler Humanoid Encountered Near Bethlehem, PA”

From the witness’s report of the thud sound seeming to come from the inside of her van and the intense feelings of fear, it sounds as if the creature she saw possessed both physical and nonphysical characteristics.

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... anoid.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

A Partial OOBE (Out Of Body Experience)???

This happened to me in Taiwan. I had been exhausted from a long day, and after I lay down in bed, still wide awake, I experienced a strange phenomena I’d experienced a few times before in my life; the feeling of a band of electricity moving up and down my body, from my feet up to my head and back down again. This feeling continued, and my body became immobilized (I was lying on my back). This “energetic band” then became centered around my head, and I sat up in bed. But everything felt different. I looked around my room in the darkness, and everything was in its proper place, but my hearing was messed up, similar to the sound you hear when you dunk your head underwater in a swimming pool.

Sitting upright, my upper body felt weird. I looked at my hands, and they were milky white, and very slightly transparent. The fingers and palms were at least twice their normal length, almost looking like “vampire” hands. Staring at my palms, I moved my hands a little towards me, and as the hands came closer, the fingertips stayed in place and the fingers stretched, as if the fingertips hadn’t caught up with the rest of my hands. Then they were pulled back into position in an almost elastic fashion, like in an old cartoon, but still much longer than my physical hands. I came to the realization that I was partly out of my body; that my physical body was lying down on its back, but my ‘astral body’ was sitting up. I tried looking back at my body’s face, but for some reason, I couldn’t get myself to turn all the way around to see it, as if part of me hadn’t really wanted to.

I could feel my astral hands, and as I thought of my physical body, I realized I could also feel my physical hands too; my arms had been crossed over my chest, with each hand resting on the opposite shoulder. Feeling four hands at the same time was a strange sensation, but at the same time, hadn’t shocked me. When I decided to return fully into my body, I felt my physical fingers twitch a bit on my shoulders, and the physical sensation on my shoulders started withdrawing my consciousness from my ‘astral’ hands, as the sensation in my physical hands became more dominant. I could feel the pull of the physical body, and the part of me that was in astral form (mid-to-upper body) began to lie back in slow motion. My astral hands assumed the arms crossed, hands-on-shoulders position, as if to match my physical body’s positioning.

As my astral upper body lay back, everything went black, and I felt as if I were falling from a great height, with energy rushing past my head and the sound of turbines. Then I felt an almost hydraulic feeling as the falling sensation slowed and came to a gentle stop. Then I was back in my body, and that turbine sound was gone. I looked around my room, and everything was as I had just seen it, only clearer and silent. My hands were resting on the opposite shoulders.

I never sleep with my arms across my chest and my hands on the opposite shoulders. How or why I’d gotten into that position in the first place, I’ll never know. But I wonder if that position had somehow triggered the experience. I know I hadn’t dreamed it, because although I’d been tired, I had been wide awake the entire time. It hadn’t scared me; I thought it had been kind of cool, TBH.

Others who have reported OOBE’s (out of body experiences) have reported much more dramatic experiences of floating up over their bodies and looking back down. I never floated up out of my body. I believe that only my upper astral body had sat up. If it really had happened as I thought it did, it would have been only a partial OOBE. I had experienced the feeling of a band of electricity moving up and down my body on previous occasions, but that was the first (and so far only) time it ever triggered an OOBE, partial or otherwise.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Two Missing 411 videos featuring David Paulides, including some updates.

In general, I will NOT be posting Missing 411 videos in this thread, mainly because there is another thread about Missing 411, started by another member, somewhere on this forum. And there are other reasons as well, even though I do follow Mr. Paulides’s work. I don’t want this thread turning into another discussion centered around Missing 411, which at times became a little contentious in the other thread. However, I have decided to post these two videos here (which are his most recently posted), because for the most part, he gets straight into the cases. Also, in the update video, he shares information around the case of the recovered missing boy that definitely falls into the realm of the highly unusual and the paranormal.

It should be quite obvious that David Paulides is not some guy who just makes up a bunch of nonsense theories around missing person cases, while sitting around in his basement and searching through the internet. His research has been very professional, extensive, and quite often involves him visiting the actual locations where disappearances have occurred.

https://youtu.be/ubO-XYA25l4

https://youtu.be/p1tD33vySG0

Jim
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

my wife and I have experienced what you would call paranormal incidences in 2 different locations.

So here it goes. One day sitting home alone in my condo with my Doberman pincher sitting at my feet we were watching TV. Suddenly a light switch on the wall behind me about 2 feet away flipped turning the light on to the stairway. Immediately after the light flipped on I heard loud thudding steps going up the stairs and when they reached the top I could hear the light switch upstairs flick and the lights turned off! This totally freaked me out and the dog as well she was looking at me and up the stairs wonderingWTF that was and so was I. I have no explanation for this but within that year my wife went to go walk upstairs one day and she said “I saw a large man in blue jeans and a red flannel shirt staring down at me with an angry look, he was semi transparent, not fully opaque like a real person. It scared her so she just stopped, turned around and went the other way. Another weird thing about that condo was if you were in the master bathroom It felt like someone was standing 2 inches from you staring at you. I can explain this feeling that my wife and I both felt the sensation when we were in there. Obviously it wasn’t when we first looked at the house but it was consistently a thing once we moved in.

Then a couple years later we got a Weimaraner and we were afraid she was harassing the neighbors with her barking so we set up a video camera one day to see how much she was actually barking when we left. When we set this camera up we heard some very strange noises in the house, windows or doors slamming… We couldn’t see what was actually making the noise but every time it happened the dogs will go and check it out. As the dogs were finishing checking out the last loud noise that we heard on the video and walking back into the living room from the den, a large plume of mist or smoke appeared directly behind my Doberman and then instantly disappeared. None of this can be explained by normal circumstances. It was kind of creepy don’t know what to think of it. Maybe were just haunted.

I wish I still had that video you could see it.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:05 pm
Since we know space-time has holes in it, I tend to think that when people see "ghosts" they are often seeing what really was in the past through a hole in said space-time.
I've heard of that concept of "Parallel Time" before. At one time it was even a very popular belief among people who claimed to believe in the "Paranormal" dimension.

I personally had a UFO encounter many, many years ago. It was on a clear September evening in the year 1976. We were on the back deck of a good friend's house when we witnessed a really strange sighting in the southern horizon. There were 8 of us at my friends new house he was building east of Lone Jack, MO ( a super popular Civil War Battle site on the National Register). It was a very clear and warm Autumn evening and it was just starting to get really dark after the dusk hour and we were chatting and listening to good music waiting for our friend to get home from work.

On the south horizon two of the girls with us noticed that there was a set of 4 lit up objects moving westward on the southern horizon. The 4 craft we saw were perfectly spaced between each other and they seemed to be traveling westward >> they would stop and then start moving again. When one of the objects moved they all moved in sequence. Then after watching them in a still position for about 5 minutes they all started moving to the right ( westward) and when each one of them arrived at a certain point in space they all simultaneously disappeared one right after the other.

As I said there were 8 of us that witnessed this event and we were all sober as a judge ( no body had gotten any beer yet). Out of the 8 of us who witnessed this most confusing of UFO sightings there are still 3 of the guys that were there that evening that I still see and talk to every now and then. And to this day and this many years later we all still talk about it every time we meet up and we all still agree that what we saw wasn't anything of this world. Or at least it didn't seem to be any military type craft or anything else I could explain it with. It was just flat out creepy is the only way I can describe it. Over the past 40 years I've only ever heard of one other UFO sighting that people said that was similar to our sighting in the fall of 1976.
James Y

Post by James Y »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:31 pm
my wife and I have experienced what you would call paranormal incidences in 2 different locations.

So here it goes. One day sitting home alone in my condo with my Doberman pincher sitting at my feet we were watching TV. Suddenly a light switch on the wall behind me about 2 feet away flipped turning the light on to the stairway. Immediately after the light flipped on I heard loud thudding steps going up the stairs and when they reached the top I could hear the light switch upstairs flick and the lights turned off! This totally freaked me out and the dog as well she was looking at me and up the stairs wonderingWTF that was and so was I. I have no explanation for this but within that year my wife went to go walk upstairs one day and she said “I saw a large man in blue jeans and a red flannel shirt staring down at me with an angry look, he was semi transparent, not fully opaque like a real person. It scared her so she just stopped, turned around and went the other way. Another weird thing about that condo was if you were in the master bathroom It felt like someone was standing 2 inches from you staring at you. I can explain this feeling that my wife and I both felt the sensation when we were in there. Obviously it wasn’t when we first looked at the house but it was consistently a thing once we moved in.

Then a couple years later we got a Weimaraner and we were afraid she was harassing the neighbors with her barking so we set up a video camera one day to see how much she was actually barking when we left. When we set this camera up we heard some very strange noises in the house, windows or doors slamming… We couldn’t see what was actually making the noise but every time it happened the dogs will go and check it out. As the dogs were finishing checking out the last loud noise that we heard on the video and walking back into the living room from the den, a large plume of mist or smoke appeared directly behind my Doberman and then instantly disappeared. None of this can be explained by normal circumstances. It was kind of creepy don’t know what to think of it. Maybe were just haunted.

I wish I still had that video you could see it.

Thanks a lot for your detailed post, BLUETYPEII! Yes, it sure sounds like a haunting to me!

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:05 pm
Since we know space-time has holes in it, I tend to think that when people see "ghosts" they are often seeing what really was in the past through a hole in said space-time.
I've heard of that concept of "Parallel Time" before. At one time it was even a very popular belief among people who claimed to believe in the "Paranormal" dimension.

I personally had a UFO encounter many, many years ago. It was on a clear September evening in the year 1976. We were on the back deck of a good friend's house when we witnessed a really strange sighting in the southern horizon. There were 8 of us at my friends new house he was building east of Lone Jack, MO ( a super popular Civil War Battle site on the National Register). It was a very clear and warm Autumn evening and it was just starting to get really dark after the dusk hour and we were chatting and listening to good music waiting for our friend to get home from work.

On the south horizon two of the girls with us noticed that there was a set of 4 lit up objects moving westward on the southern horizon. The 4 craft we saw were perfectly spaced between each other and they seemed to be traveling westward >> they would stop and then start moving again. When one of the objects moved they all moved in sequence. Then after watching them in a still position for about 5 minutes they all started moving to the right ( westward) and when each one of them arrived at a certain point in space they all simultaneously disappeared one right after the other.

As I said there were 8 of us that witnessed this event and we were all sober as a judge ( no body had gotten any beer yet). Out of the 8 of us who witnessed this most confusing of UFO sightings there are still 3 of the guys that were there that evening that I still see and talk to every now and then. And to this day and this many years later we all still talk about it every time we meet up and we all still agree that what we saw wasn't anything of this world. Or at least it didn't seem to be any military type craft or anything else I could explain it with. It was just flat out creepy is the only way I can describe it. Over the past 40 years I've only ever heard of one other UFO sighting that people said that was similar to our sighting in the fall of 1976.

Thanks for sharing this, Joe! Did they look like possibly part of one bigger object, or four separate objects? Meaning, when you say they moved in sequence, did they move one at a time, or all together simultaneously?

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Two videos, of two completely different types of possible paranormal events:

This first video shows bits of footage of a UFO was taken by an airline passenger over the Aegean Sea. I would have preferred to have seen the uncut footage without the music added in:

https://youtu.be/nqi4QNFXu-c

This second video, taken from CCTV footage in the Philippines, shows something very odd, if it is real. There is no reason to believe it is faked. The reason the camera is shaky is because this video was taken by someone using their camera phone to film the original CCTV footage. According to some, it is an Aswang; a humanoid, shape-shifting creature of Filipino beliefs and folklore. The point of interest begins from around 0:16 in; an almost phantom-like shape appears to walk right through the bars of a locked gate, and then appears to solidify into a person.

https://youtu.be/I_SapJnksnw

I’m not saying that either of these videos is real or faked; I’m just presenting them here. However, if I actually felt they were easily legitimately explainable or outright faked, I would not be posting them here in this thread.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The “Haunted” App That Leads to Creepy Things And Dead Bodies

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/09/ ... ad-bodies/

Jim