Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by James Y »

Martha and Little People

(Subarctic Alaska Sasquatch channel)

https://youtu.be/ELIllG4lt0Q

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Missing 411: David Paulides Presents a Double Missing Person Case From El Malpais National Monument

(Canam Missing Project channel)

The actual case is discussed starting from 33:35:

https://youtu.be/JV0IZmPwMao

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:32 pm
max808 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:14 pm
James Y wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 am
Project Stargate

(Mr. Mythos channel)

Special thanks to max808 for bringing these to my attention:

https://youtu.be/PcMpRBVQmGE

Project Stargate 2

https://youtu.be/CjZouQL7Ook

Jim
Thanks for posting these Jim, I just couldn't resist and had to listen to them again. Very densely packed and I clearly heard Mr. Mythos say there was at least one more episode in the making...

That will be very interesting when it comes out...

Jim
Yes Sir, also looking forward to that one. In the meantime you can always check out "The men who stare at goats" starring Jeff Bridges and George Clooney. Mind-blowing and hilarious at the same time, it tells the "true" story of the New Earth Army initiative and comes highly recommended. Hope you have a good one Jim!
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:06 am
James Y wrote:
max808 wrote:
James Y wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 am
Project Stargate

(Mr. Mythos channel)

Special thanks to max808 for bringing these to my attention:

https://youtu.be/PcMpRBVQmGE

Project Stargate 2

https://youtu.be/CjZouQL7Ook

Jim
Thanks for posting these Jim, I just couldn't resist and had to listen to them again. Very densely packed and I clearly heard Mr. Mythos say there was at least one more episode in the making...

Jim
Yes Sir, also looking forward to that one. In the meantime you can always check out "The men who stare at goats" starring Jeff Bridges and George Clooney. Mind-blowing and hilarious at the same time, it tells the "true" story of the New Earth Army initiative and comes highly recommended. Hope you have a good one Jim!

Hi, Max. Thanks! I actually read the book The Men Who Stare at Goats many years ago. Actually read it before the movie came out (probably before the movie was made). 🙂 Very interesting, but TBH, I'm not surprised by anything, or by any possibilities.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Chained Light & Flying Dogs

(Dixie Cryptid channel)

https://youtu.be/2pzGIgdiQpo

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

All-Out War: One Kentucky Family's Nightmare

(Channel: Dogman & Paranormal Research With Jeff Nadolny)

https://youtu.be/QAnCX6hnR6s

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

One martial artist from the east coast that I knew told me a story that happened to his two older sisters. They were young at the time, and he's a few years older than I am, so this happened a long time ago (sometime in the '70s).

His two sisters related a story to him about a time they were visiting the cemetery to pay respects at a deceased relative's grave. Afterwards, they were just outside the open cemetery gates, kicking a ball back and forth to each other. They had driven a ways to get there, so they were getting a little exercise before the long drive back home. One sister accidentally kicked the ball past the other, and the ball went bouncing into the cemetery. They went inside the cemetery gates and looked around for some time, but they couldn't find the ball anywhere.

Several years later, they visited the cemetery again to pay respects, and as soon as they arrived, the very same ball they had lost several years earlier came rolling out of the cemetery towards them as they stepped through the open gates. Needless to say, they were freaked out by it.

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:47 pm
max808 wrote:
James Y wrote:
max808 wrote:

Jim

Hi, Max. Thanks! I actually read the book The Men Who Stare at Goats many years ago. Actually read it before the movie came out (probably before the movie was made). 🙂 Very interesting, but TBH, I'm not surprised by anything, or by any possibilities.

Jim
At this point me neither Jim, it's advisable to keep an open mind in these strange but wonderful times.
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:08 pm
James Y wrote:
max808 wrote:
James Y wrote:

Jim

Jim
At this point me neither Jim, it's advisable to keep an open mind in these strange but wonderful times.

Absolutely.

In my observation, and from having watched a few of the 'paranormal investigation' shows, I've gotten the impression that most of these investigators, deep down, don't actually believe in the paranormal. Because whenever something happens that is (or might be) remotely paranormal, they scream or shout, as if they're surprised, or in awe.

Maybe they act that way for ratings, IDK. But if someone has supposedly been on hundreds and hundreds of investigations with supposedly all of this proof, wouldn't you think that footage of a chair caught on camera moving an inch or two by itself wouldn't be such a big surprise?

Also (and this is funny), most paranormal and cryptid researchers are very closed-minded themselves. For example: Many "ghost" chasers don't believe in Bigfoot; many Bigfoot researchers do not believe in psychic ability/ESP; many UFO researchers believe that Bigfoot or angels do not exist, but "aliens" do; some "religious" people don't really believe in spirits (oh, the irony!); many Bigfoot researchers only believe that Bigfoot is an unknown species of ape, and do not believe that there could be an interdimensional aspect to it; and most Bigfoot researchers don't believe in Dogman creatures. I could go on and on, but if there's one thing that becomes evident, it's that all paranormal phenomena are interrelated and do not fit into neat little boxes.

I take it for granted that the "paranormal" exists. Always have. It's not "supernatural," IMO; paranormal phenomena are simply natural phenomena that science cannot yet truly explain. And in many or most cases, never will. Does that mean that everything unusual is paranormal? Of course not. And people can mistake various things as paranormal that are not. That doesn't mean that paranormal (for lack of a better word) phenomena are not real, and often weirder than we can even conceive of (i.e., not every nonphysical entity is a "ghost").

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Missing 411: David Paulides Presents Missing Person Cases From California, Idaho and Montana

The point of interest for me about today's video is the disappearance of Hollywood actor Julian Sands, which David starts discussing from 40:30. Not that a Hollywood actor's disappearance is more important than anybody else's, but because his name will bring more attention to his case. David Paulides is NOT saying that Julian Sands' disappearance is a Missing 411 case as of YET (Sands only disappeared 9 days ago), but it's of interest, because he disappeared in a cluster zone of other disappearances that fit the Missing 411 profile.

https://youtu.be/4izpwU7snU8

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

James Y wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:35 am
max808 wrote:
James Y wrote:
max808 wrote:

Jim

Absolutely.

In my observation, and from having watched a few of the 'paranormal investigation' shows, I've gotten the impression that most of these investigators, deep down, don't actually believe in the paranormal. Because whenever something happens that is (or might be) remotely paranormal, they scream or shout, as if they're surprised, or in awe.

Maybe they act that way for ratings, IDK. But if someone has supposedly been on hundreds and hundreds of investigations with supposedly all of this proof, wouldn't you think that footage of a chair caught on camera moving an inch or two by itself wouldn't be such a big surprise?

Also (and this is funny), most paranormal and cryptid researchers are very closed-minded themselves. For example: Many "ghost" chasers don't believe in Bigfoot; many Bigfoot researchers do not believe in psychic ability/ESP; many UFO researchers believe that Bigfoot or angels do not exist, but "aliens" do; some "religious" people don't really believe in spirits (oh, the irony!); many Bigfoot researchers only believe that Bigfoot is an unknown species of ape, and do not believe that there could be an interdimensional aspect to it; and most Bigfoot researchers don't believe in Dogman creatures. I could go on and on, but if there's one thing that becomes evident, it's that all paranormal phenomena are interrelated and do not fit into neat little boxes.

I take it for granted that the "paranormal" exists. Always have. It's not "supernatural," IMO; paranormal phenomena are simply natural phenomena that science cannot yet truly explain. And in many or most cases, never will. Does that mean that everything unusual is paranormal? Of course not. And people can mistake various things as paranormal that are not. That doesn't mean that paranormal (for lack of a better word) phenomena are not real, and often weirder than we can even conceive of (i.e., not every nonphysical entity is a "ghost").

Jim
Same here Jim and thank you for your generous reply. I've noticed the same narrow-minded attitude in people at the precipice of their specific niche where they tend to discount anything that doesn't fit their model. Yeah ok but it's really the aliens/demons/angels/bohemians/reptilians/werewolves/vampires/royals/masons/rosicrucians/jesuits/men in black that control everything depending on who you ask. And like you say the point of an open mind is to avoid putting everything into a neat lil box and label it according to its appearance, missing the big picture entirely. Back in the day it was called parapsychology for a reason.

Have a great week Jim and stay safe out there,
max
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 am
James Y wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:35 am
max808 wrote:
James Y wrote:

Jim

Absolutely.

Jim
Same here Jim and thank you for your generous reply. I've noticed the same narrow-minded attitude in people at the precipice of their specific niche where they tend to discount anything that doesn't fit their model. Yeah ok but it's really the aliens/demons/angels/bohemians/reptilians/werewolves/vampires/royals/masons/rosicrucians/jesuits/men in black that control everything depending on who you ask. And like you say the point of an open mind is to avoid putting everything into a neat lil box and label it according to its appearance, missing the big picture entirely. Back in the day it was called parapsychology for a reason.

Have a great week Jim and stay safe out there,
max

Thanks, Max, and you have a great one as well.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

He Watched Through the Thermal Scope As It Ripped the Hog in Half

(Channel: The Round Table Of Knowledge By HTH)

There are countless reports of cryptids (such as Bigfoot, etc.), displaying "unnatural" (to us) strength and power. Strength and power that even the largest, most powerful known land animals do not possess. There is definitely more to this type of phenomena than simply undiscovered animal species.

https://youtu.be/REob6WgkZwQ

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dogman vs Dogman: Huge Battle in Front of Fishermen

https://youtu.be/WXs-zAAkIQE

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Crazy Loud Spirit EVP

I don't know if he properly translated what was said in the first two recordings, but I wasn't there, so...

Personally, I would never try to catch EVPs (electronic voice phenomena), or spirit voice recordings. Because anything can come through and claim to be anyone or anything, if you're not careful. When you just open yourself up to anything, you're opening a "doorway," and you can't be certain exactly what's going to come through. But this guy seems to have a positive energy.

To be fair, I do channeling. Conscious channeling, not trance channeling. But I've been doing it for years, and I am very specific about which beings I channel, which are very few and very specific. I learned how to channel, and am part of a support group. A few in our group are a good deal more proficient at channeling than I am. And it's very different from capturing EVPs. A single channeling session can result in pages of clear written information, as opposed to only one, or at most a few (often incomprehensible) syllables heard in an EVP.

https://youtu.be/j6V_UgVkIY8

Jim
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

There are a lot of uncommon physical anommallies to be found here in the mountains of Wyoming. Places gravity is significiantly less. Places the compass needle will spin. Bright green lights in the sky that reflect off of rocks as bright as day.

Heres a relatively benign story that is rather intriguing.

One evening in november of 2021 I was in the mountains with my wife. About 10 o clock at night, at a spot we frequent. Its a large beaver pond 100 yards or so across and about 200 yards long up in the mountains, about 8,400 feet in elevation. The west side of the pond is rolling rocky steep hills that are covered in sage. The east side is a steep hill thickly covered in pines. North and south a valley runs through about 200 feet deep. Been there many times, swam there in the summer, fly fished, had a lot of fires, walk that valley hunting frequently. See lots of moose in the area. Well here we are this evening a bit a stiff breeze from the west. Druve down there, on the north side of the pond where theres a large flat area, of the natural rock substrate. Hadnt seen anyone else out on the forest service roads on the way in. Got down there, in my old 80s pick up. Shut it off, pointed ro the south. Looking at the stars reflecting off the water. Was dark without a lot of a moon. Remember this is a real old pick up, nothing electrical in it. As were sitting there, this soft orange spec of light about the size of a dime rose up off the pond in a bit of a zig zag fashion, about eye level and danced around a bit. It sorta swirled and moved a few feet against the wind in a zig zag pattern right in front of the pick up windshield, about 10 feet in front of us. Danced around a bit, and steadily moved like it was being blown, against the wind for about 15 feet and then just faded out. Looked, and acted exactly like when your watching a big fire outside, and the wood pops and throws up an ember that swirls around in the smoke a little bit as it rises up. Except it hung in place for a bit two times, and moved against a steady breeze the whole time. Whole thing lasted about 15 seconds. I kinda sat there for a minute pondering if i saw that, when she said "this might sound weird but im not sure if I really saw this" and described what I saw. I told her I saw it exactly that way, she said lets get outta here. I started the pick up and made the steep ascent up the loose dirt road out of that valley. No one else was around, no fires, and no explanation. My lights had hit the pond and everything atound for a good ways on the way down into that valley and we saw nothing going down into there.

Lots of interesting things that dont seem real explainable like that folks see out in the mountains. Course a lot of these mountains are real scarce for people. That area, in the cold months, Ill drive around all day out there and see maybe 2 or 3 other sets of people out. That area is a bit more popular in the summer.
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

I should add before anyone asks, lightning bugs dont live in those mountains, never seen one in the summer. Infact, youll hardly ever see any lughtning bugs in wyoming. And that night was about 35 degrees with a stiff 10 mph breeze. There are a lot of blacked out millitary helicopters that fly over those mountains real low at night with no lights on, and take off and land frequently, but none were in the area that night.
James Y

Post by James Y »

WyoJon wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:04 am
I should add before anyone asks, lightning bugs dont live in those mountains, never seen one in the summer. Infact, youll hardly ever see any lughtning bugs in wyoming. And that night was about 35 degrees with a stiff 10 mph breeze. There are a lot of blacked out millitary helicopters that fly over those mountains real low at night with no lights on, and take off and land frequently, but none were in the area that night.

WyoJon:

Many thanks for your detailed posts of your sighting. It sounds like you encountered an orb, or what people in some locations refer to as 'spook lights'. Though I'm not an expert on the subject, but that's what I was thinking as I was reading your account.

Jim
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

James Y

Yes that one was small. In may of 2020 I was with a friend deep a wild mountain range at 10,500 feet, and a bright green one came by. So bright i saw it with my eyes closed. I opened them, and it was so bright alk of the rocks were lit up green. The dash camera on my vehicle recorded the green light flickering on the clffs. That was an odd one. i did some research, and found the US Goverbment spent decades studying events like that the middle of the last century, never found any conclusion and never had an official statement on it, other than that they commonly occur across wyoming, utah, nevada and arizona with hundreds of sightings.
James Y

Post by James Y »

WyoJon wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:58 pm
James Y

Yes that one was small. In may of 2020 I was with a friend deep a wild mountain range at 10,500 feet, and a bright green one came by. So bright i saw it with my eyes closed. I opened them, and it was so bright alk of the rocks were lit up green. The dash camera on my vehicle recorded the green light flickering on the clffs. That was an odd one. i did some research, and found the US Goverbment spent decades studying events like that the middle of the last century, never found any conclusion and never had an official statement on it, other than that they commonly occur across wyoming, utah, nevada and arizona with hundreds of sightings.

Yes. Many people attribute these types of phenomena to swamp gas, but that doesn’t explain all of them.

There are also the Marfa Lights in Texas and the Joplin, MO spook lights, among many others. Glowing orbs are also seen in places known for other types of paranormal phenomena. One well-known example is at Skinwalker Ranch in Utah.

Jim