Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ChrisinHove

Re: Unusual, and/or Paranormal Events

Post by ChrisinHove »

As a scared kid confronted by some Roman era skeletons, my old man always told me it was the living you needed to be scared of, not the dead!
James Y

Post by James Y »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:18 am
As a scared kid confronted by some Roman era skeletons, my old man always told me it was the living you needed to be scared of, not the dead!

True! 🙂

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

“The little boy told me why the creatures came here.”

Interesting account. It sounds like she has a group of Sasquatch/Bigfoot creatures around her property.

https://youtu.be/mb077gRLC8Q

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Loch Ness Monsters: Dangerous Phenomena and Supernatural Creatures

I’m surprised that Nick Redfern omitted the part that actually described the reverend’s attempted exorcism of Loch Ness itself. I heard and read about it years ago, and the account was pretty creepy.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/02/ ... creatures/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

‘Female Extraterrestrial’ Inside Unknown Object Appears in 1803 Japan

This is an old account that I’ve heard retold many times:

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/202 ... known.html

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Strange and Sinister Abilities of the Black-Eyed Children: Mind-Control, Shape-Shifting, and More

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/02/ ... -and-more/

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Dogman Encounter in Iraq

Narrated by Dark Waters.

https://youtu.be/0D57PyLxOTo

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Beloved wife’s mother passed away yesterday after a long illness and it’s deeply saddened us all.

I often ponder the meaning of life and stumbled across this interview on YouTube last night which I found both very interesting and somewhat comforting. I think it’s worth a look.

https://youtu.be/9e1SLF7Kg8Y
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:29 am
Beloved wife’s mother passed away yesterday after a long illness and it’s deeply saddened us all.

I often ponder the meaning of life and stumbled across this interview on YouTube last night which I found both very interesting and somewhat comforting. I think it’s worth a look.

My deepest condolences to you, your wife, and family for your loss. And thank you for posting that video.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

James Y wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:26 pm
My deepest condolences to you, your wife, and family for your loss. And thank you for posting that video.

Jim
Thanks Jim, God Bless you, mate.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:29 am

Hi Bloke , I also want to express my condolences. I lost my Mom to COVID In Fall of 2020 , I was unable see her an be present for her services. I really had to dig deep inside to find the strength to accept her loss . I found that by what a minister told me years ago that we should rejoice the loss of one’s we love because they are making the place we will once see better . With deepest respect to you and family , your buddy Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:36 pm
Hi Bloke , ...
Thanks heaps, Dan!

Sincere condolences for your loss also, my friend. I’m very close to all my family, they’re all I have of any true value the rest is just a BS illusion.

God Bless you!

Best, Alex
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sorry to hear that Alex. My condolences to you and your wife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Living in San Diego my whole life I've seen just about every kind of civilian and military aircraft there is. I regularly see Ospreys, fighter jets, helicopters, you name it.

Twice in 25 years I've seen lights in the sky that were unlike any aircraft I've ever seen before or since. What they were I do not know. I've long joked with my friends that UFO's say USA on them if you look close enough.

The first was a red light. I saw it on the 4th of July in the 90's. I was outside of the city, in the hills, and we were watching the fireworks over the city. I happened to look up and to my right away from the city lights and fireworks, and saw a single small bright red light very very high up. Higher than commercial aircraft fly. I thought, a firework? No. A flare? Sky lantern? But as I watched it, it stayed in the same spot. Hovering. Again I've seen all sorts of military and civilian aircraft and I've never seen anything hover at that altitude fornany length of time day or night. I watched it for nearly 10 minutes, then it appeared to move upward quickly until it disappeared from sight. Could have been a trick of the eye, but it looked like it flew off into space. Not a clue what it was.

The second was 5 or 6 years ago. The place I was staying was high on a hillside, you could see all of San Diego, the ocean, the Coronado Islands. There's an airbase on Coronado, and the San Diego Airport close by. One night I saw several lights appear hovering over the water. Bright blue/white lights. They spread out into a formation and hovered for a bit, then a different formation, then one by one the lights went out. The lights got my attention, because I was probably 20 miles away. You can see plane and helicopter lights from that far away easy. I'd regularly watch coast guard helicopters along the coast, and planes landing and taking off from the airport. But in comparison these lights were 10 times bigger and brighter than anything I'd seen at that distance. Bigger than a helicopter spot light. The lights made the local news, with several people reporting seeing them. The navy denied it was them. Could have been drones. But drones that big with that kind of massive lighting flown that close to an airport and military base? It's possible. Raytheon, SPAWAR, and a few other companies operate there. Maybe it was them.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 am
Sorry to hear that Alex. My condolences to you and your wife.
Thanks heaps, Matt!

God Bless you, mate!
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Hey Alex, I am sorry for what you and your wife are going through. Difficult to do the everyday, when there is so much pain and loss. I hope the best for you and your wife.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
James Y

Post by James Y »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:25 am
Living in San Diego my whole life I've seen just about every kind of civilian and military aircraft there is. I regularly see Ospreys, fighter jets, helicopters, you name it.

Twice in 25 years I've seen lights in the sky that were unlike any aircraft I've ever seen before or since. What they were I do not know. I've long joked with my friends that UFO's say USA on them if you look close enough.

The first was a red light. I saw it on the 4th of July in the 90's. I was outside of the city, in the hills, and we were watching the fireworks over the city. I happened to look up and to my right away from the city lights and fireworks, and saw a single small bright red light very very high up. Higher than commercial aircraft fly. I thought, a firework? No. A flare? Sky lantern? But as I watched it, it stayed in the same spot. Hovering. Again I've seen all sorts of military and civilian aircraft and I've never seen anything hover at that altitude fornany length of time day or night. I watched it for nearly 10 minutes, then it appeared to move upward quickly until it disappeared from sight. Could have been a trick of the eye, but it looked like it flew off into space. Not a clue what it was.

The second was 5 or 6 years ago. The place I was staying was high on a hillside, you could see all of San Diego, the ocean, the Coronado Islands. There's an airbase on Coronado, and the San Diego Airport close by. One night I saw several lights appear hovering over the water. Bright blue/white lights. They spread out into a formation and hovered for a bit, then a different formation, then one by one the lights went out. The lights got my attention, because I was probably 20 miles away. You can see plane and helicopter lights from that far away easy. I'd regularly watch coast guard helicopters along the coast, and planes landing and taking off from the airport. But in comparison these lights were 10 times bigger and brighter than anything I'd seen at that distance. Bigger than a helicopter spot light. The lights made the local news, with several people reporting seeing them. The navy denied it was them. Could have been drones. But drones that big with that kind of massive lighting flown that close to an airport and military base? It's possible. Raytheon, SPAWAR, and a few other companies operate there. Maybe it was them.

Thanks for sharing your account, Matt!

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:25 pm
James Y wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:26 pm

Jim
Thanks Jim, God Bless you, mate.

Bloke,

If it can be of any comfort to you, I am CERTAIN that consciousness survives beyond this physical body we inhabit. From personal experiences, I take it for granted that that’s the case; it’s not a matter of belief or disbelief for me. And unconditional love (not the romantic type of love that most people equate as love, but true spiritual love at its highest and deepest level) is eternal. *Edit to add: Even if we don’t always feel or perceive it in our ‘normal’ state of earthly consciousness.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:36 pm
I lost my Mom to COVID In Fall of 2020 , I was unable see her an be present for her services. I really had to dig deep inside to find the strength to accept her loss . I found that by what a minister told me years ago that we should rejoice the loss of one’s we love because they are making the place we will once see better . With deepest respect to you and family , your buddy Dan

I am very sorry for your loss, Dan. My condolences.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Hunting Bigfoot: Alaskan Expedition (full story)

Narrated by Dark Waters.

Based on a true story. It sounds fictitious, but Dark Waters (James Williams) thoroughly vets each and every story he presents, sometimes making the experiencers recount their stories well over a dozen times each, over a period of time; and also interviewing others separately who were also there, whenever possible. Dark Waters actively seeks to catch people in lies, and any story he presents has survived a rigorous vetting process.

Do I think this story is really true? Honestly, I don’t know. It sounds like the plot of an action/horror movie. But I know that Dark Waters believes it, and he is nobody’s fool. And from what I’ve heard, there was far more that went into the vetting process for this story than normal. So that is good enough for me to post it here. Certainly, even stranger things have happened in this world. Even if YOU don’t believe this story, IMO it’s very entertaining, and can be taken as simply a good story.

TBH, I am in awe of Dark Waters’ storytelling abilities. His ability to present these stories is a true natural talent that puts him miles above any other presenter of true horror stories on YouTube, or any other venue, for that matter. He doesn’t read from a script; he recites the details of each story from memory, because he has heard each story so many times during the vetting process, then adds his own storytelling flair to them. Then he enhances the stories with music and sound effects. You can see an interview with Dark Waters in the Dark Waters Interview video at the bottom of page 13 of this thread, in which DW discusses some of that.

https://youtu.be/D8QbyTN0Qoo

Jim