Sad day in Rock music.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Josh1973

Sad day in Rock music.

Post by Josh1973 »

Sharing this in case no one heard the news. RIP Dusty Hill.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/entertai ... index.html
James Y

Re: Sad day in Rock music.

Post by James Y »

Yes, a sad day, indeed. RIP, Dusty Hill.

Jim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I saw that. Terrible. ZZ Top was one of my favorite bands in high school. I've seen them in concert a few times. RIP Dusty.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

A sad day indeed! I loved their early albums.
Condolences to family, friends and Frank Beard and Billy Gibbons
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Dusty Hill and Joey Jordison this past week. Its a sad week for music.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The great blues rock band “up there” just gets better and better.

Watched From Dusk Til Dawn last night again. Great music, with ZZTop & Stevie Ray Vaughan on the soundtrack.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 am
The great blues rock band “up there” just gets better and better.

Watched From Dusk Til Dawn last night again. Great music, with ZZTop & Stevie Ray Vaughan on the soundtrack.
Back to the Future 3...ZZ Top performing Double Back in the movie. Beards and all!

RIP Dusty
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/s81_Zvt0C8A

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Back when I was a Junior in High School a very good friend of mine turned me on to two new rock groups. He gave me an 8 track tape of ZZ Top's First Album and an 8 track of Fleetwood Mac's first album as well. Yes that's right that was the title of ZZ Tops very first LP was First Album. Well I will admit that I liked ZZ Tops first album but really didn't get excited about the group until their Tres Hombres album was released about 18 months later. Then I was a fan for life.

I'm literally shocked that all of the Rolling Stones are still going. You would think with all the partying, drugs, alcohol ect that it would seem that some of those guys should have met the Grim Reaper by now. Some things are just impossible to predict it seems.

I'm sure Bill Gibbons will find a replacement for Dusty. I don't see Billy Gibbons sitting in a rocking chair anytime soon.

The first time I saw ZZ Tops in concert they were a back up band for Ted Nugent here in KC in the fall of 1974. It's safe to say that ZZ Tops have surely eclipsed Mr. Nugent a long time ago with record sales. But back in the day who would have "thunk it"??
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm literally shocked that all of the Rolling Stones are still going. You would think with all the partying, drugs, alcohol ect that it would seem that some of those guys should have met the Grim Reaper by now. Some things are just impossible to predict it seems.
To be fair Brian Jones isn’t doing so well. I never saw the Stones, sadly, who I think are up there with AC/DC as the best of the best.

I saw Mick Jones with John Mayall, once, also Gary Moore guesting for him, which says something about Mayall’s status, I suppose.