If you were a Spyderco knife, which one would you be?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Airlsee

Re: If you were a Spyderco knife, which one would you be?

Post by Airlsee »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:22 pm
Spyderco Navigator. Out of date, hopelessly unfashionable, mostly forgotten, and yet still useful.

I had to look that one up. That's a cool little blade, it's like a Robo-Meerkat.
So it goes.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Caly 3.5- almost and Endura blade packed into barely over a Delica handle, but greatly more refined than both
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

I've narrowed it down to two very old school but iconic beasts --

-- Many here know of my proclivity for MBC Backlock blades, my first choice would be one among several C63 CHINOOK series one and two; seven total -- 5 in PE, 2 in CE.

No FFG models for these EDC applications; that's just me (at present).

These Chinook iterations in my collection particularly include extremely rare VG 10 test pieces (23 constructed; 19 were released to the public, three of which I am fortunate to own personally.) ;)

All have black G 10 scales; Golden crafted blades from the very early 2000's which rule the roost for me.

I haunt eBay for these very remarkable yet long disco'd versions; multi- faceted and hollow ground 3.75" blade length, 4mm thick blade stock with solid full liner design and construction, as well one of the strongest locks in the industry. 14 mm Spyder hole, which can easily be opened with a single gloved hand. Capable of handling 800 pounds of down- force along the spine; early on these were infamously known to ruin test equipment. :astonished

Just shy of one half pound -- again I am, and have been primarily attracted to the heavier MBC knives.

All NIB when purchased / first owned, and the bulk of these friggin' tanks reside in the gun safe, carefully preserved (or as famously titled: Pre- Need Replacements).

EDC is comprised of two Chinooks; the first is a certain VG 10 Chinook 1 in PE; the second being a Chinook 2 in CPM S30V, and is CE.

==========================================================================================

If I may also include another Spyderco model choice, it would have to be one Golden Crafted SE BLACKHAWK encased in T6 aircraft aluminum, the blade is Gin 1 Steel. This design / construction was actually the forerunner to the venerable Chinook models; roughly 3" blade, intended primarily for Filipino reverse grip.................and just all-around Badass Knife! (The earlier and larger Renegade model and build factored into the pre- C63 designs as well.)

That's about it, may change in the future, but for now I'm more than happy with my selections!

========================================================================================

:bug-red-white :bug-red-white Stay Sharp --
--SB / BRUCE :cheap-sunglasses :cheap-sunglasses