N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 am
Yeah the Bengals really need to do everything they can to sure up their offensive line because Joe Burrow has the talent to rival Mahomes.
Pretty exciting for the AFC in years to come with young guys like Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Jones and Herbert!! Hopefully they can all stay healthy and successful...this could be a tantalizing decade ahead of us :cheap-sunglasses
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I love what Andy Reid said to Patrick Mahomes
"When it's grim, be the Grim Reaper"
That's freakin aweome!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm not even going to make any predictions about the AFC & NFC championship games this next weekend. Because I don't ever recall a season that has been so unpredictable. Like I said earlier about 8 weeks ago if you would have even mentioned the possibility of the Chiefs playing the 49ers in Superbowl 56 ( a repeat of SB 54) you would have been laughed to scorn.

Also as I said earlier I would have made a huge bet the Chargers would have beat the Raiders to make the playoffs>> another shocking upset. Again this season has just been littered with upsets and last second victories like no other year I can remember.

I will say this however>> If Joe Burrow and the Bengals defeat the Chiefs here at ARROWHEAD Stadium this next week it will be the most difficult thing he ever accomplished>> because the Chief's fans are truly going to give him **** next Sunday. I give the Chief's fans about 65% of the credit for last night's victory>> the Chief's fans are truly the loudest and most intense fans in the entire NFL>> and no visiting team wants to play at ARROWHEAD Stadium >> case closed!!!
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

My dream finale was Buccs vs. Chiefs.
So i was shocked yesterday.
Now i hope 49ers vs. Chiefs and Mahomes gets his 2nd ring.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:04 pm
My dream finale was Buccs vs. Chiefs.
So i was shocked yesterday.
Now i hope 49ers vs. Chiefs and Mahomes gets his 2nd ring.
As I said in my earlier post I just don't recall any particular year in which so many outrageous upsets and surprise victories have taken place in the NFL this year. I do think the Chief's have a great chance at winning this coming Sunday ( especially at ARROWHEAD Stadium)>> but the way this year has gone I wouldn't bet the farm on it>> I wouldn't even bet more than $20 on anything in the NFL this year.

As crazy as this year has been I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the Rams or 49ers to go all the way. Yeah I hope Sir Patrick gets himself another Ring but he's really going to have to pull out all the stops to get it done. And the Chief's defense is just going to have to do better than they did yesterday.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

No way would the 49ers hang with the Chiefs. That would be a terrible Superbowl. Rams/Chiefs I could get into!

If it were SOMEHOW Bengals/49ers, that would be a rematch of the last time the Bengals made a Superbowl if I remember correctly?

-Rick
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Montana & Esiason
So it goes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:04 pm
No way would the 49ers hang with the Chiefs. That would be a terrible Superbowl. Rams/Chiefs I could get into!

If it were SOMEHOW Bengals/49ers, that would be a rematch of the last time the Bengals made a Superbowl if I remember correctly?
Yup. That was the 1988-89 season.
If it were to happen again, it would the 3rd time they met in a Super Bowl. Pretty cool.
The first meeting I think was 81or 82 and Ken Anderson was the QB for the Bengals. San Fran made an awesome goal line stand in that Super Bowl.
The one in 88-89 season was awesome.
Joe Cool #1 drove the 9'ers down the field in the last minutes to win it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:11 pm
Montana & Esiason
You're close>> but the 1982 Superbowl matched up Joe Montana ( 49ers) with Kenny Anderson (Bengals) who was QB before they ever got Boomer Esiason. Yeah I got to watch that Superbowl too. It made me become an avid Joe Montana fan. Both teams played in the Superbowl again in January 1989>> and yes the 49ers won again.

The two years that our KC Chiefs had the services of Joe Montana were two glorious years in Chief's History. I just wish we would have had him longer.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:17 am
Man, I love what Andy Reid said to Patrick Mahomes
"When it's grim, be the Grim Reaper"
That's freakin aweome!!
MAC I truly believe that Andy Reid has given Sir Patrick a new name ( Grim Reaper) even though he probably didn't intend to > and a new name that's going to stick too. It's all over the KC news media the entire day today. The fans love it!!
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:00 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Montana & Esiason
You're close>> but the 1982 Superbowl matched up Joe Montana ( 49ers) with Kenny Anderson (Bengals) who was QB before they ever got Boomer Esiason. Yeah I got to watch that Superbowl too. It made me become an avid Joe Montana fan. Both teams played in the Superbowl again in January 1989>> and yes the 49ers won again.

The two years that our KC Chiefs had the services of Joe Montana were two glorious years in Chief's History. I just wish we would have had him longer.

I don't know what I was close to, but the last time the Bengals were in the Superbowl was XXIII, Montana & Esiason.
So it goes.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:04 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:00 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Montana & Esiason

I don't know what I was close to, but the last time the Bengals were in the Superbowl was XXIII, Montana & Esiason.
Yes Boomer Esiason was the QB in Jan 89. But the most noteworthy Superbowl The Bengals were in is when Joe Montana faced off with Kenny Anderson in Jan 82. That is where Joe Montana really established himself as the leagues premier QB.

It was also the Superbowl that brought the Bengals much respect that they had lacked in the past. Even though Joe Montana and the 49ers won it wasn't easy for him. I think he had a harder time beating the Bengals than when he played against Dan Marino a couple of years later. And absolutely no one picked Joe Montana to win against Dan Marino either.

Just going down "Memory Lane".
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

GOING OUT ON A LIMB::: Yeah I'm going to make a controversial statement that many of you won't like and won't agree with. The Chiefs are faced with the Bengals at ARROWHEAD Stadium this coming Sunday. This is literally "DO or DIE" for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. IF the Chiefs fail to take out the Bengals this Sunday I think it's safe to say that any potential for a dynasty will be DOA ( dead on arrival).

If I were Andy Reid and Steve Spaguolo I would be demanding that the defense get off of their rear ends and do similar to what they did to the Cowboys earlier in the season. Because if they don't then Joe Burrow could potentially humiliate them to the point to where they might not get over it any time soon. The Chiefs have the huge advantage of the ear shattering crowd noise ( world record setting) at ARROWHEAD Stadium ( one of the 3 best NFL stadiums)>> not to mention being on an emotional high from that victory over Buffalo. If the Chiefs can't win this game then they need to spend the entire off season rebuilding the defense.

If the Chiefs don't win at ARROWHEAD STadium this Sunday then their party might well be over for the next 2 to 3 years or longer. This is the most important game for the Chiefs ever in their history and a loss would be that devastating IMO. The Chief's defense needs to repeat what they did to the Cowboys in week #11 or forget about any glory for the 2021 season.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm pretty sure after last week Tennessee exposed the Bengals abysmal offensive line, and right this very minute the Chiefs are practicing every rush play they know and will be looking to kill Joe Burrow because it's very clearly the Bengals' biggest weakness. If the Bengals are smart they're either 1) working a miracle to figure out how to unscrew their OL, or 2) sprinkling pixie dust on Mixon because the running game will be their only chance if they can't protect Joe. Otherwise McPherson is going to have to kick a lot of field goals 🤣
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 am
I'm pretty sure after last week Tennessee exposed the Bengals abysmal offensive line, and right this very minute the Chiefs are practicing every rush play they know and will be looking to kill Joe Burrow because it's very clearly the Bengals' biggest weakness. If the Bengals are smart they're either 1) working a miracle to figure out how to unscrew their OL, or 2) sprinkling pixie dust on Mixon because the running game will be their only chance if they can't protect Joe. Otherwise McPherson is going to have to kick a lot of field goals 🤣
That's interesting David because I just heard the very same conversation a few minutes ago on Sports Radio 810 WHB from here in KC and they pretty much said exactly what you just stated. Because it was a defective O'-Line that destroyed the Chief's chances in the previous Superbowl. Most people just don't realize how much a good O-line does to make a good quarterback look even much better.

But I still don't count out what Joe Burrow could possibly do in the event of a couple of bad turnovers. He has had a very impressive season for a second year QB. The Chiefs had better take this game really serious. I truly think that Buffalo was the biggest hurdle. It's truly a shame that either one of those QBs from that game had to go home a loser. Especially that wide receiver Gabriel Davis and his miraculous performance.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

facebook_1642974061676_6891132678787895687_578646158206032_20220123_164117.jpg
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahaha, that's a great one!

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just heard news that Sean Payton told the Saints organization that he is stepping away from the team.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I hope he doesn't come back to the Cowboys
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’ve heard he still has a good relationship with Jerry Jones, so I wouldn’t rule it out. I’d be shocked if they moved on from Mike McCarthy so soon though. I’m not sure where Payton will end up but there are a handful of teams in need of a head coach, so he has options.
-Nick :bug-red