N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

Post by SG89 »

I think it's a good hire. Jags fans deserve someone that isn't a train wreck.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Tom Brady has officially announced he will be retiring from the NFL!

He is the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. I will be forever grateful for his time with the Patriots and the success he brought to the franchise.

He will be signing a one day contract with the Patriots to officially retire as a New England Patriot!
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man. Sad day indeed!!!
Nick, the wife and I were sooooooo wishing 12 would play 1 more season. Just 1 more.
I gotta say, I feel very confident in saying that we will never see another like him. Not in our lifetime.
He's the Michael Jordan of the N.F.L.
Just consider how extremely difficult it is just to get to a Super Bowl, much less win the dam thing.
10 Super Bowls and 7 of those magnificent Lombardi Trophies. .....yeah, TB12 is the best ever.....no one else is even really close imo.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Dang! We will never see a QB greater than him!
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Good for him! Wouldn't mind seeing him play a few more years, but the time has come to be there more for his wife and kids.

I've come full circle in my lifetime with Tom Brady. When he first burst on the scene, I was a fan! Such a cool story. Then...he couldn't lose, and I began to despise him.

Now, I've come to appreciate what I was fortunate enough to be able to witness these past 20 years. Even found myself cheering for him the past 2 seasons!

I'm honestly glad there's no debate on who the greatest of all time is in the NFL. None of this "Lebron or Jordan" stuff...the NFL had Tom Brady, there won't be another like him, and that's that!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SG89 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 pm
If you are rich you can get away with anything. I'm sure Deshaun will play again since the NFL has not said anything about his punishment. If he was a Cowboy or Patriot he would be suspended for the whole season. Frank Clark was busted with an Uzi and is facing a felony charge... Chiefs may be allowed to get his guaranteed money paid back to them since he committed "conduct detrimental to the team"
I've heard locally that Frank Clark and his legal team have all but worked out a type of plea bargain or just an all out deal to get his charges reduced. I seriously doubt if Frank Clark gets in very much legal trouble>> but you might be on to something as far as his guaranteed money is concerned. The Chiefs would love to have that money to attract another pass rusher that they are desperately going to need at the end of this season. All of the talk recently on the radio media has the consensus that this will be Frank Clark's last year as a KC Chief. He really did embarrass the top brass of the Chief's organization. I would be shocked if he's wearing a Chief's uniform in the 2022-23 season.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Tom Brady is retiring and you bring up something I said about the Chiefs in July? You must really hate Lord Brady 🤔😂
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And now we learn he's not even retiring yet.
Says he still hasn't made up his mind yet
But, it looks like he will, right???
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:41 pm
Tom Brady is retiring and you bring up something I said about the Chiefs in July? You must really hate Lord Brady 🤔😂
Yeah! I wandered, what the hellll?????
Lol.....what in the world.....
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I think he got a little annoyed that it got leaked and announced before he was able to formally announce it himself. Which I can sympathize with because if anyone deserves to retire on their own terms, it’s him!

I think it is currently unofficially official, if that makes sense. He is technically still under contract but I have no belief that he will play again. He also hasn’t officially retired yet because there is going to be a huge ceremony at Gillette Stadium to celebrate his career. He will also be signing a one day contract to officially retire as a Patriot. (That’s not confirmed but I refuse to believe it won’t happen.)
SG89 wrote:
LOL! :rofl
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:54 pm
I think he got a little annoyed that it got leaked and announced before he was able to formally announce it himself. Which I can sympathize with because if anyone deserves to retire on their own terms, it’s him!

I think it is currently unofficially official, if that makes sense. He is technically still under contract but I have no belief that he will play again. He also hasn’t officially retired yet because there is going to be a huge ceremony at Gillette Stadium to celebrate his career. He will also be signing a one day contract to officially retire as a Patriot. (That’s not confirmed but I refuse to believe it won’t happen.)
SG89 wrote:
LOL! :rofl
I think your right Nick!
I told my wife the same thing .....I also guessed someone got their butt chewed out by Brady too lol
I would mad if I were Brady.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Go Bengals and Go 49ers? Hurts to cheer for the 9ers but I hate the Rams more lol
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe......gonna be a great day. .....I hope?! Lol
Anyway, I've got a reservation for a new Thia & Sushi restaurant. I've never tried Thai food before & will never even attempt sushi ....
So, that & Rams routing the 49'ers today will indeed be a great day!!
In reality though, it'll go one of two ways.......
It'll happen as I've hoped, that the Thai food will be awesome and, the Rams will indeed route the 49'ers OR I'll get food poisoning and Jimmy G will engineer a 90 yard game winning drive to beat the 🐏 's
I'll just hope for the best!
As for KC & Cincy, I'm pulling for Joe Burrow
He's such an underdog with that O-line. I have to pull for the Bengals.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Could be a terrible day gang
The wife done went and quashed my Thai food adventure!
Could this be an omen??
But, she did say we could get 🍕
So maybe the 🐏 's won't route the 9'ers, but will still win? 🤔
Anyways, I'm excited for the games today!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I want the Bengals to win just because pretty much nobody thinks they can. I'm always behind the underdogs, it always makes for a more entertaining game unless you're really invested in one team or the other. The Bengals losing will be a bummer but the city of Cincinnati is hard when it comes to losing, they'll shrug it off and hopefully make the right changes and come back stronger next year.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

David, if Joe Cool & the Bengals pull off a win today I would imagine Cincinnati will explode!
That would be a win for the ages imo.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ok, I'm gonna make my predictions with scores....

Cincinnati in a thriller
Bengals 41
Chiefs 40

Rams really turn up the heat on Jimmy G
Rams 27
49'ers 16
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I got to go with Rams and Bungles. I don’t really like any of the teams left so I guess I want Cincinnati to win it all.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Tom retiring is bittersweet. The first football game I remember watching was the Bears vs Pats Super Bowl. I remember that they had a 40oz play Refrigerator Perry in the bud bowl. Ha! I was probably seven years old. I have been a diehard Pats fan for over 35 years, through the good times and the bad times. I am just happy that my team ended up with the goat.

I am a 43 year or man who still has a Tom Brady Fathead in his living room. I said I was gonna take it down when he went to Tampa but couldn’t. Truth is that I was born in the Tampa area and have always liked the Buccs. They were an expansion team two years before I was born. They didn’t win a game until the second to last game of their second season and my father still has the newspaper from that day. It was front page news. That was about six months before I was born. They have always been my second favorite team.

I told my wife that if he didn’t win the Super Bowl last year I would take it down. If he is really retiring I might finally retire it. Time to move on. :(
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
sok

Post by sok »

I am kind of torn on the Bengals'/Chiefs' game. Both teams have some OU players playing. I think I will root for the underdog. Go Bengals!

I don't care one way or the other on the two left coast teams playing each other. I just hope for a good game.