N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Airlsee

Re: N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

Post by Airlsee »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:07 pm
Gotta say guys, Boomer Esiason made a heck of an observation. The Bills really messed up kicking the ball out of the endzone. If they had made KC return it, it would have ran seconds off of the 13 remaining seconds. Oh well.

To be fair, he stole that off my guy Tony Romo, who brought it up in real time.
So it goes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Gotta say guys, Boomer Esiason made a heck of an observation. The Bills really messed up kicking the ball out of the endzone. If they had made KC return it, it would have ran seconds off of the 13 remaining seconds. Oh well.

Ahhhh.....I didn't realize that.
Either way, huge mistake.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:10 pm
Wow!!!!! Insane game!

Feels very weird saying this but LETS GO CHIEFS!!!

I need to thank Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and most importantly SIR PATRICK MAHOMES for giving the Bills and their fans hope and making them think they won multiple times and then STOMPING ON THEM and CRUSHING THEIR SOULS!!!!
That was such a devastating loss to the Bills that it will take months for them to get over it. Of all the times over the years I seen Joe Montana so cool in such horrible, high pressure situations even Joe Montana doesn't compare to what Mahomes pulled off this evening.

Kelce and Hill both cemented themselves in the Canton OH, NFL Hall of Fame just on this game alone. Even in the glory days of Lenny Dawson and Hank Stram I never seen the Chiefs pull off anything like what they did this evening against the Bills.

I truly do feel sorry for Gabriel Davis>> for him to score 4 TDs in one game and still lose that game probably has to be the biggest heartbreak in NFL history.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Ahhhh.....I didn't realize that.
Either way, huge mistake.

Absolutely! Would suck to be in Buffalo tonight...
So it goes.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Man I can't wait for next week!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh heck yeah. I think we're going to have 2 really great Conference Championships next weekend.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Rams vs 49ers will be intriguing bc they are division rivals and this is their 3rd game playing each other this year. Anyone's game IMO.

Seeing what I saw tonight... The Chiefs are going to steamroll the Bengals. Poor Joey B going to get murdered out there by the Chiefs defense. His o-line is trash.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SG89 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 pm
Rams vs 49ers will be intriguing bc they are division rivals and this is their 3rd game playing each other this year. Anyone's game IMO.

Seeing what I saw tonight... The Chiefs are going to steamroll the Bengals. Poor Joey B going to get murdered out there by the Chiefs defense. His o-line is trash.
ARROWHEAD STadium is not going to be kind to the Bengals>> too many Chiefs fans have a fresh memory of that Week 17 loss.

people don't realize how hostile of an environment that ARROWHEAD STadium is to visiting teams. Needless to say Mr. Burrow won't be greeted by any welcoming committee. It now wouldn't surprise me to see a repeat of Superbowl 54 >> Chiefs vs 49ers again. Who would have thought that to be possible about 8 weeks ago?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Actually, I just dont see Jimmy G and the 9'ers coping with the Rams defense. That last game of the season, was the regular season. The Rams are really gonna turn the heat up against San Fran
If they can shut down the Bucs and Brady for 3 quarters then theyll destroy San Francisco imo.
Playoff football is a far cry from the last game of the regular season.
As for the AFC, IF KC doesn't get complacent and stays disciplined, which I think they will, then should destroy the Benglas. That offensive line of Cincinnati is a terrible weak spot the Cheifs will fully exploit.
That's just my 2 shekels worth
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:14 pm
Actually, I just dont see Jimmy G and the 9'ers coping with the Rams defense. That last game of the season, was the regular season. The Rams are really gonna turn the heat up against San Fran
If they can shut down the Bucs and Brady for 3 quarters then theyll destroy San Francisco imo.
Playoff football is a far cry from the last game of the regular season.
As for the AFC, IF KC doesn't get complacent and stays disciplined, which I think they will, then should destroy the Benglas. That offensive line of Cincinnati is a terrible weak spot the Cheifs will fully exploit.
That's just my 2 shekels worth
Well as far as that goes I didn't give Jimmy G one chance in a million to beat the Cowboys but they did. And I think I even predicted that the Packers would beat the 49ers by at least 2 TDs>> to say that I was shocked that the Packers lost to the 49ers is putting it mildly. And I've seen the Rams lay an egg on more than one occasion throughout this season. Oh yes the Rams could blow that game NFC Championship game easily if they aren't prepared for the game.

So with that said I would not bet against a Chiefs vs 49ers Superbowl again. I would be totally shocked if the Chiefs don't beat the Bengals here at ARROWHEAD Stadium next week. However the 49ers do have a really stout defense and it's teams like them that usually give the Chiefs fits at times. But this entire season was just flat out weird throughout the entire league. I wouldn't have bet $5 that the Raiders would have made the post season but they did. Enough said for now. Again I wouldn't bet against the 49ers at this point. I would be more tempted to bet on them actually.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe......yeah JD, if i was you I'd be bettin for a Cheifs 49'ers Super Bowl too. I sure wouldn't want nothin to do with those Rams. I dare say you remember what Brady did to the Chiefs last year?
Make no mistake about it, any team that can shut down Tom Brady and Bucs like LA did today for 3 quarters is bad business imo.
That's all I'll say.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm starting to think that Sean Peyton may be the Raiders new Head Coach.
I have absolutely no proof for saying this other than Peyton has went "dark" on the Saints.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah, Joe and the boys have done great things this year and the future looks bright but I think we all know the last take against the Chiefs was more about them losing it for themselves than it was about the Bengals winning it for themselves. I don't see it going that way again especially if Joe spends the night doing MMA after each snap.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

A lot of heart broken, still speechless folks here in Central NY this morning. I can't even bring myself to bring up the game!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

David, if it weren't for the Bengals giving up all those sacks, I would pick them to win. It's not like Cincy has a bad defense. But, as we know, they have to give Joe more time.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:37 am
A lot of heart broken, still speechless folks here in Central NY this morning. I can't even bring myself to bring up the game!
One thing about sports, is that we can surely sympathize with each other.
Rick, that really took the air of me last night, and I'm not even remotely a Bills fan. I like the Bills, and I really like Josh Allen. But, I'll be damned if the coaching staff really didn't let him down. They should've made KC return the ball. That probably would've taken half the time they had remaining. But, should a, could a , would a, makes no difference now.
Just take strength & solace in the fact, that yall have a future hall of fame QB under center.
There will definitely be a Super Bowl in Buffalo's future.
At least, I really think that there will be.
(I know your a Giants man - but still )
Last edited by MacLaren on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:39 am
David, if it weren't for the Bengals giving up all those sacks, I would pick them to win. It's not like Cincy has a bad defense. But, as we know, they have to give Joe more time.

Honestly, I see Joe either leaving the team for a better opportunity or (God forbid) getting a career endangering injury from taking too many sacks. He's too young and has too much potential to be taking these risks. The harsh truth is he'd really go places with a better franchise surrounding him.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

David, let's see what Cincinnati does in the off season. They may suprise us. I really feel they'll do whatever it takes to protect Joe Cool.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Cincy needs to use all their draft picks on offensive lineman, their pretty good everywhere else. They must protect Joe!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yeah the Bengals really need to do everything they can to sure up their offensive line because Joe Burrow has the talent to rival Mahomes.
-Nick :bug-red