N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Gosh, I remember Barber well. He was a great RB.
That's just tragic.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So the watson stuff keeps getting worse and worse.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:27 pm
So the watson stuff keeps getting worse and worse.
Did ya see where he demanded his Therapist Mesaage him at?????? 🤣 🤣 🤣
Omg......takes me back to my youth, when one would ask what time it was, and one would say "half past a monkeys arse and a quarter till his balls.......which is precisely where he wanted - NO- DEMANDED where his message be!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Lol, if I'm gonna possibly get called out on the carpet for this, I better make it right, lol.......
This guy is unbelievable!! What's even funnier is the Browns " aren't sure just how "upfront" Deshaun has been with them............I mean after all that chit in Houston and the Browns are banking on this clown???
How can one even make this stuff up???
Last edited by MacLaren on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This is SUCH POETIC JUSTICE for Jimmy Haslam and the Browns!!!
I know Baker Mayfield must be smiling a lot lately....I know I am.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Baker is about to cash in lol
Spydergirl88
Cobblet

Post by Cobblet »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:40 pm
RIP to Marion Barber "Marion The Barbarian"

Definitely a hard nosed running back, not a guy I was happy for my Giants to play against twice a season, but I respected and enjoyed watching his running style. Only 38 years old.
Whoa ... don't know how I missed that. Sad to see him go so young. He was definitely fun to watch. Sounds like his hard nosed running style may have led to some CTE issues.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The NFL is now officially in the "soap opera" business. If you don't believe me just check out the latest Tyreek Hill podcast with his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Where Tyreek tries to compare his new QB "TUA" to his previous QB Sir Patrick Mahomes. It's truly laughable and even makes me want to have pity his new QB. Renowned ESPN sportscaster Stephen A. Smith even told Tyreek to "Get Off The Weed"!!!

Yes you no longer have to get your soap opera entertainment from daytime TV. The NFL has taken it to a much crazier level.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I now have to edit and modify my recent post. The post I made about Tyreek Hill becoming a "soap opera" item in the NFL. Because to be truthful about it we actually have 3 NFL "Soap Operas" going at this time. They are as follows:
(1) The Deshaun Watson sex scandal
(2) The Baker Mayfield "life isn't fair" episodes and
last but far from least is
(3) The Tyreek Hill "malcontent" soap opera".

The Tyreek Hill podcast still takes the cake in my opinion because anyone who gripes about Patrick Mahomes being their QB truthfully needs psychiatric counseling. Comparing Tua to Sir Patrick is like comparing a Timex watch to a Rolex watch. No Tyreek just wanted the money period. I no longer believe anything he says. But I'm sure we haven't heard the end of his rants. I thought deep down that the Chiefs must have had their reasons for doing what they did. It didn't take long to reveal either.

Second I have to just marvel at Deshaun Watson's miserable situation that he apparently got himself into. If the guy just could not keep his hands off the ladies then he should have just went to a local house of ill repute and got his fill of that action>> but NO!! he has to jeopardize his $200 Million plus contract instead. I just don't get that one at all. >> and yes I have a hard time believing that 24 plus women would all get together and conspire to destroy this mans life. I'm sure there is a real fire that created that smoke.

Baker Mayfield is just another guy who apparently couldn't take his college glory days into the NFL. There are so many draft busts and major letdowns at this point for almost every team. But yet every year most people make a big deal over the NFL DRAFT. Only to be highly disappointed most of the time. It takes me back to the days of Matt Leinart who the Arizona Cardinals were 100% sure that he would eliminate their need for Kurt Warner. Only to have egg still on his face. You hear it every year. Oh and don't forget Jamarcus Russell who the Oakland Raiders bet the farm on. But I guess Baker is a good "soap opera" because there sure are a lot of Youtube videos surrounding his debacle. I wish him the best where ever he goes but I sure hope he's put a few Million of his lofty paycheck aside for a rainy day. Because that's going to dry up very soon I'm afraid. I truly hope he can turn it around with another team but I seriously doubt it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I really don't see a "Soap Opera" w/ Baker Mayfield...
Unless I've missed something. He has every right to be mad about it. But, I've yet to see him make a huge scene about anything. Furthermore, I'd take Mayfield over s many other QB's in the League. Mayfield, imo hurt himself by trying to play hurt. The Briwns had a really good run year before last. I honestly believe that a healthy Baker Mayfield can succeed in the League.
But yeah, I don't see Mayfields situation as a "Soap Opera" ......unless I've missed a bunch of stuff.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Baker is going to be their starting qb this year, and it's going to be really awkward. Calling it now!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 pm
Baker is going to be their starting qb this year, and it's going to be really awkward. Calling it now!
I sure hope so! Lol
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:52 am
I really don't see a "Soap Opera" w/ Baker Mayfield...
Unless I've missed something. He has every right to be mad about it. But, I've yet to see him make a huge scene about anything. Furthermore, I'd take Mayfield over s many other QB's in the League. Mayfield, imo hurt himself by trying to play hurt. The Briwns had a really good run year before last. I honestly believe that a healthy Baker Mayfield can succeed in the League.
But yeah, I don't see Mayfields situation as a "Soap Opera" ......unless I've missed a bunch of stuff.
Well check out Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless. Both of those well known sportscasters sure seem to think so. But in all fairness I guess it's fair to say that he doesn't have the same issues as Tyreek Hill and Deshaun Watson to be sure.

However on the other hand it sure seems like a never ending drama with Mayfield's current situation with the Cleveland Browns. And I do wish him the best where ever he ends up at. But it sure has been a rough road for him in the NFL. Nothing like his college glory days. And he sure has been getting a lot of air time with all of the sports media.

But you may have a point that his situation isn't as caustic as the other two guys.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:23 pm
Do you really think he's going to stay in Cleveland!!!???? I don't see how that is even possible at this point.

He hasn't shown up at any mini camps or any other practice sessions ( voluntary or mandatory). The latest talk I just heard is that they are trying to ink a deal with the Panthers. I think it will be the Panthers or Seahawks who will see his services this upcoming season.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think so. Nobody wants to take on what he thinks he's worth, and the Browns very well may need to keep him. Things aren't looking good for Mr Touchy Feely at the moment!

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Double post
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’m kind of on JDs side with this one. After all that has happened there, I don’t think there is a chance that Baker suits up for the Browns. They basically told him they’re done with him when they signed Watson. I just can’t see Baker Mayfield helping the Browns replace him. (I know I wouldn’t)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Steelers make a push for him! I think Baker would love the opportunity to beat the Browns twice a year.

The Panthers definitely seem like they would a good destination for him too. He wouldnt really have any competition with Sam Darnold as the current starter.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, I could see it going either way really..
It mostly depends on the Browns imo.
I think more than anything Baker wants to prove himself. Even as pee'd off as he is at the Browns, I really believe that he above all else wants to show the Browns they screwed up.
Of course, it could be that he proves the Browns right. It's so dam hard to make at QB in the N.F.L.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nick, I would absolutely LOVE it if the Steelers landed Mayfield!! That would be so awesome.
I'll also say that ole Mitch just might suprise a lot of people this fall......Pittsburgh really has their act together- they've been winning for a very long time.....super solid franchise like the Pats & Giants, Cowboys, etc.....yall know what I'm talkin about.
I'm super excited to see how Trubisky does in Pittsburgh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Looks like Tommy had a great Father's Day! :winking-tongue
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL ^^^ that’s great!

———

In other news, the greatest tight end to ever play professional football, Rob Gronkowski, is retiring from playing. His legacy will be unmatched for a long time to come and I’m grateful that he solidified himself as a legend as part of the New England Patriots organization! #ForeverAPatriot
-Nick :bug-red