Happy Birthday BLOKE

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Meat man

Re: Happy Birthday BLOKE

Post by The Meat man »

Happy birthday, Alex!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

A late Happy Birthday Bloke!
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

HEY ALEX -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU!!

A Bit Late, but Hoping You are doing well, and know that you are missed - Here's hoping also that you come up for air sometime and give us here a shout when you can! :) :)

:spyder: :spyder: SB / Bruce :cool: :cool:
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Apologies, late greetings dear friends and Many Thanks to you all for your well wishes and kind words.

I’ve had a few changes in my life of late and started a new job. I’m working for one of my brother’s family business. We’ve set up from scratch, an aquarium fish, importation, quarantine, and wholesale distribution facility, easily the biggest in our state and the second biggest in the country, I believe.

I’m left to run with the technical bits so I’ve been fairly busy organising contractors etc. but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. This morning I met with the company that supplied the air compressor as we’re having issues balancing the system. We’re running just over 3,000 sponge filters and it’s something that hasn’t been done before on this scale so as you may imagine there are a few “teething” problems.

Anyhow, hopefully the air will be sorted in the next few days and we’ll be looking to put fishies into tanks in the next few weeks.

The COVID thing is a bloody nightmare too, as we’ve been in lockdown here in Sydney for the past few weeks and things aren’t improving.

Thanks again everyone. I still drop in from time to time and if we ever finish what we started I’ll have time to annoy you all again as I do. Ah, hahaha!

God Bless You All! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Don't know how I missed this but a late happy birthday Bloke. Good fortune for you and family in your new business. I used to work with and keep tanks of and breed South American cichlids. Dempsys, Red Devils, Chocolate, convicts, etc. I sold the fry to a store I worked for part time. Love those smart hardy fish. Good stuff!

Joe
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Just really glad you checked in Brother. I was beginning to worry a bit when I hadn't seen you here in a while. Yeah I've heard that Australia has been having it worse than about anywhere else on the globe with all the COVID stuff. It's still been a bit on the ridiculous side here where I'm living as well ( Kansas City, Missouri USA Earth). Well I hope everything settles down for all of us soon. Good to see you're still here in Spyderville. :cool: Don't forget we have a C-60 Ayoob coming soon on the horizon my Brother :cool: I'm hoping we'll see that bad boy at least by the winter holidays. Later on :)
James Y

Post by James Y »

Alex,

Very glad that all is going well for you! Wishing the best in health for you and the best for your business. Stay healthy and safe!

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

OK, everyone send Bloke a Popiel Pocket Fisherman....

https://youtu.be/ujW3qf9fyXk
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:24 am
OK, everyone send Bloke a Popiel Pocket Fisherman....

https://youtu.be/ujW3qf9fyXk
GOOD GRIEF!!! :eek: Yeah I fully remember all of those strange items that the Popiel company used to hustle on TV infomercials in the late 70s/early 80s. That was about the same time that one company was selling that disgusting "Vege-Matic" piece of crap :rolleyes:
You can go back to the quotes by P.T. Barnum and realize that there are people that bite on those types of items "hook, line & sinker" unfortunately :(
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Great to get an update Alex! Glad things are going well!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Happy Birthday namesake!
archangel

Post by archangel »

James Y wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:39 pm
Alex,

Very glad that all is going well for you! Wishing the best in health for you and the best for your business. Stay healthy and safe!

Jim

^^ What he said. ;) Good to learn that you're "just" busy, but otherwise seem ok!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thank you all so very much! I’m truly humbled by your kind thoughts. :o

I have genuinely missed the banter and I have a few PM’s to still reply too. I’ll make an effort to to annoy as many of you as I can. Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha!

Nap, ole mate, don’t laugh but when I was a little tacker I wanted one of those fishing gadgets. They seemed so cool and space aged at the time. Ah, hahaha! Fairly sure mum and dad reckoned I was silly and bought me a better conventional rod and reel than I had at the time. Either ways I remember I felt ripped off because I still wanted the stupid gadget. Ah, hahaha!

Thanks again everyone! :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Happy belated birthday, Bloke! Glad to hear you’re doing well and still kickin’. Missed your jokes and memes. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderNut wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:43 pm
Happy belated birthday, Bloke! Glad to hear you’re doing well and still kickin’. Missed your jokes and memes. ;)
Thanks Heaps, Michael! :)

I’ve actually missed The Forum but I’ve got some free time at present so I’ll annoy you all for a while yet. :p
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Glad to hear it. Annoy away! ;) :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal