Happy Birthday SkullBouncer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JonLeBlanc

Happy Birthday SkullBouncer

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Have a great birthday!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
TkoK83Spy

Re: Happy Birthday SkullBouncer

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good day!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Happy Birthday!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Happy birthday, Bruce!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I always enjoy reading SKULLBOUNCER's great posts. Happy Birthday SIR!!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Happy Birthday!!!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Thanks everybody!! :)

I'm a guitarist, drummer and bassist, technical / audio engineer and broadcaster for over 30 years now. My house is mostly recording studio. Yesterday I spent a good amount of time trying to find out why my Marshall 30th Anniversary 6100 tube amp head isn't putting out any audio; it's up at my tech's shop up in north Denver.

I also had my Rickenbacker 4003 bass up there, as well my 600 wpc Crown Macro Tech 2400 power amplifier as the fan had seized up in the Crown.

The Ric was serviced properly -- I had removed the guts and it sat in its case for the better part of a year -- plays and sounds completely awesome, and the Crown is back to kicking. Wow -- what an amp. ;)

Called my tech back last night and told him about the Marshall 6100 problem after I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out why there is no output. Swapped out cables and cabs back and forth between the two full stacks, I had my Marshall JCM 800 2204 tube stack standing right next to the anniversary stack to compare performance. The JCM 800 is one totally brutal amp head of which I was playing exclusively while the 30th Anniversary 6100 was down.

My long time tech, a cat named Scooter Barnes called me back about an hour ago and queried me on the current status and settings of the 6100, which I had gone through thoroughly, or so I thought -- no joy.

So, back up to Scooter's shop she goes, I'll be leaving the studio here in half an hour.

===============================================================

Temps over the last four days here have been 100f, and I'm trying to stay out of the heat as some prescriptions I'm on really screws with me when it's really hot. My truck's AC doesn't work so I borrowed my family member's Buick Le Sabre with a strong AC.

And so, my birthday celebration was put off until today.

We'll see what shakes out with the 6100 in short order today, I'll post the result later on.

I'm an optimist; I'm sure that between Scooter and me, we'll identify and nail down the output problem and hope to accomplish and resolve the cause of the issues.

So off I go. Thanks again for the happy birthday wishes ;)

===============================================================

Edit: I just returned to the studio with the Marshall 6100 tube head. Scooter had removed the back panel of the head, and wired up the cabling to again look for the cause. Long story short (too late I know, lol!) what took me forty minutes hooking up and testing out the Marshall 6100 head and not finding the issue took Scooter five minutes to identify and resolve. That's why I've had him for my tech over all these years -- I've never had any adverse problems with my gear that he couldn't ID and repair; turns out that the only setting I'd overlooked was the FX loop parallel / series switch. The guy's THAT GOOD. :D

Now to hook up the head to the stack's two 4x12 cabinets to get everything going and test it all out again in house.

A GREAT birthday gift from Scooter -- didn't charge me a dime to get it going, this rig ROCKS to the bone!

I'm a happy camper again -- now's the time to pump out some hardcore metal crunch.

SB / BRUCE :cool: :cool:
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Happy Birthday!
James Y

Post by James Y »

Happy Belated Birthday!

Jim
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Totally Cool, Guys -- again, my thanks to all visiting the thread and of course those who chimed in.

Spent time reconfiguring both full stacks and jamming out -- the full rig is KICKIN' and boy, it all sounds FABULOUS!

Now the only technical issue remaining is the master volume on my main axe -- seized up out of nowhere. So I opened the electronics cavity and tried to free up the potentiometer enough to place it physically fully open, and I'm using the onboard booster volumes to vary the end volume. I'll get back in touch tomorrow with Scooter and see if he has a replacement 500 ohm pot for the master volume circuitry.

All in all, Very Pleased.

Steak dinner with the family and some cool presents made it a very happy birthday indeed!

Well, time to wrap it all up until tomorrow, we'll see how the potentiometer swap out goes.

Take Care, All -- BRUCE ;)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Late happy birthday. Have a good next year.

Joe
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Late Reply here-- Thank You Very Much, SpyderBro Joe!! :) :)

- Bruce Gibson :D