Any mechanical pencils fans?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
knifemovieguy

Any mechanical pencils fans?

Post by knifemovieguy »

Maybe someone is using mech pencils too...

KOH-I-NOOR Versatil 5201
knifemovieguy

Re: Any mechanical pencils fans?

Post by knifemovieguy »

Some drawing
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Yes! I have one like that from the Prado museum. We used to call those “clutch pencils” for obvious reasons. I only use mine everyday for taking notes during my many phone calls....

I was a pen and ink architectural draftsman before CAD and still have my Pentel automatic pencils in 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7mm. I also have a delightfully smooth German made 0.5mm gifted me by the manager of a facility I was rebuilding. I do miss proper drawing.
knifemovieguy

Post by knifemovieguy »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 am
Yes! I have one like that from the Prado museum. We used to call those “clutch pencils” for obvious reasons. I only use mine everyday for taking notes during my many phone calls....

I was a pen and ink architectural draftsman before CAD and still have my Pentel automatic pencils in 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7mm. I also have a delightfully smooth German made 0.5mm gifted me by the manager of a facility I was rebuilding. I do miss proper drawing.
professional use, cool
z1r

Post by z1r »

I still have several old 0.5mm Pentel drafting pencils around. I use them in my shop. Love them.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 am

I was an architecture student at a highly ranked Jr College and found out that the courses did not transfer to U of Ill so that I could study under Stanley Tigerman, so I dropped the AA degree before striking out to obtain another. I don't know where they are at the moment but yes, I have all the drafting supplies and pencils around here somewhere.

I also used to do mechanical lead pencil and ink/pen drawings. Those were the days!!! I loved doing that.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I like them! I have several no name models and an old Cross that came with an identical ball point as part of a set.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
knifemovieguy

Post by knifemovieguy »

All pencils i could find. First three - Milan PL1 Touch 0.5 (very sticky plastic), Stabilo Leftright, Staedtler triplus micro 0.5, noname carpenter pencil