Found knife I forgot I owned

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Josh Crutchley

Found knife I forgot I owned

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Not sure how many people have done this but I just found a knife I forgot I owned. It's a CRKT M21-02g, probably the second or third knife I bought for myself about 9yrs ago. I thought the lock safety was cool back then and it had that "tactical" look I was into.
20210510_134717(1).jpg
20210510_134732~3.jpg
Dan In MI

Re: Found knife I forgot I owned

Post by Dan In MI »

I don't think that's ever happened to me. Most of my knives are kept in one place. However, I have apparently lost track of exactly how many Victorinox Spartans I own. (Edit: I counted them up. Five.)
Last edited by Dan In MI on Fri May 14, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Nice find!

Those old full-size M16s are great knives - the best CRKT ever did in that era, I think. Used to sell an awful lot of them to EMTs back at my college job.

This has happened to me, but mostly with cheapo flea market knives I keep in my camping bin. One I was pleasantly surprised to find was an old handmade knife made by a friend's Dad. It's a 3-3.5" trailing point fixed blade. Definitely not a showpiece, but it's held up just fine over the years. I don't hunt, but it's a nice food prep knife around camp. I'll try to take some pictures later.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have knives that do not get used and are long out of mind. I have never forgotten one I own, though, if I have to stop and think about it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I had forgotten I had ordered a couple of Spydercos. I found them recently when I took an assessment of how bad large my accumulation collection is currently. :o
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001