YT channel of Metal Complex demonetized ...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Re: YT channel of Metal Complex demonetized ...

Post by Naperville »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 pm
Naperville wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:48 pm

Google, Facebook, Twitter, ...they all taste that power and are trying to manipulate outcomes and control their corner of the world.
I would make one change to this statement. They want manipulate and control OUR corner of the world. That’s where the evil is, IMO.
I'm not a fan of being manipulated by "friend" (now ex-friend), media, politician, or corporation.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It makes me glad that a couple of forums are as far into social media as I ever got.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

yablanowitz wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:13 pm
It makes me glad that a couple of forums are as far into social media as I ever got.
I hear you! I'm trying to post less, and just read/lurk. It's when you post a lot that you get drawn in to subject matter that causes you grief.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
sok

Post by sok »

Canceled. If they try to move on to a different platform, paypal will demonetize them. Snailmail and a written check will be the only way to support someone on the internet.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:41 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm
RustyIron wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:14 pm
You can't talk to them. You can't reason with them. You can't negotiate with them...
Is it bad that I heard this in the voice of Kyle Reese?

https://youtu.be/zu0rP2VWLWw
Oh man, yes!

But seriously, I think this is awful. I don't understand why you tube can't just create a rating system to deal with this. I understand taking down content that promotes violence or hate speech, but Metal Complex very obviously does neither.
This, of course, is the wedge they use to get in, but once they are the sole arbiters of acceptable content and thought, there is no recourse for those who suddenly find themselves declared to be outside of the realms of acceptable. It's just a small leap after all to stating that "Gun Fetishist" or "Knife Fetishist" videos promote violence in an indirect way... and those certainly aren't the only groups who have been conspired against.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Whatever happened to "I disagree with your what you say but will defend with my life your right to say it."

"Hate speech" is just the latest way to silence an opinion that someone else doesn't like. It's all BS and needs to go the way of the dinosaur.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:59 am
Whatever happened to "I disagree with your what you say but will defend with my life your right to say it."

"Hate speech" is just the latest way to silence an opinion that someone else doesn't like. It's all BS and needs to go the way of the dinosaur.
It's a small step from there to regulating everything you say.

* dorked this up. Didn't mean to quote myself but to add the last comment.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I logged into yt for the first time in a little over a year and found my channel (mostly disc golf, a few knife videos) was demonetized. I chuckled.
:unicorn
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

vivi wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 am
I logged into yt for the first time in a little over a year and found my channel (mostly disc golf, a few knife videos) was demonetized. I chuckled.
I can’t stand this blatant censorship/control coming from Big Tech to I don’t watch youtube. Censorship is wrong.
Last edited by M Sea on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

He's been remonitized for a few days now.