It's over!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bearrowland

It's over!

Post by bearrowland »

It's over! My second and last son just passed his Eagle Scout Board of Review! It's definitely a involved process, and thanks to my wife (more than anyone else!), it all came together. After the paperwork gets forwarded to the National Scout headquarters, we'll have his official ceremony.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
SG89

Re: It's over!

Post by SG89 »

Congrats!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Congratulations! :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

That is quite an accomplishment.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Thanks everyone! We're really proud of him.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Congratulations! I loved the Scouts when I was in and making Eagle Scout is a huge accomplishment.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Thanks Doc! I've been involved since my oldest started in 2005. It's been a great time over the years, but you're right about the trail to Eagle. Now we can enjoy it a little more! 😁
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Congratulations for raising an Eagle Scout. I have known and worked with two Eagle Scouts and both of them were fine examples of wonderful human beings.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Congrats to your son and family Barry!!

One of my best friends growing up became an Eagle Scout when we were around 13 years old or so? My family was invited to the ceremony and I remember thinking how cool that was (I never got into Scouts myself)

He's a special kid/guy, that's for sure. Always well mannered, extremely organized and planned everything ahead, always seemed to find a way to get something done or figured out. He even helped tutor me in math to help me receive my Regents Diploma and not have to accept something less. There's no way I would have been able to do that without him. He graduated 2nd in our class (1st became a doctor) He is actually now the mayor of a town in Vermont.

Hopefully your son can continue on from this rare path and grow into a successful man, as he obviously has shown he has dedication!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Congratulations!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Congratulations to him, and to you.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Big congratulations on a huge achievement!
I never got into the Scouts myself, but I do know that making Eagle Scout - well, he's the best of the best.
Congratulations again!
benben

Post by benben »

Congratulations! Here’s to a very bright and successful future, sounds like he’s on his way!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Awesome! It might come as a surprise to you guys, but I always wanted to be an Eagle Scout. ;) Girlscouts were so lame.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 pm
Awesome! It might come as a surprise to you guys, but I always wanted to be an Eagle Scout. ;) Girlscouts were so lame.
I'm an Eagle Scout and my wife was the Girl Scout equivalent (Gold Award). It sounded like she had a really good experience in Girl Scouts.

I think a lot depends on the specific troop you were in (rather than the overall program).
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

An accomplishment for sure.. also a pretty solid indication of good parenting in my experience. Good on you Barry! :)

From one to the next.. congrats!

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:42 pm
JuPaul wrote:
I'm an Eagle Scout and my wife was the Girl Scout equivalent (Gold Award). It sounded like she had a really good experience in Girl Scouts.

I think a lot depends on the specific troop you were in (rather than the overall program).
I'm sure that's true. But just an example of my frustration with local g'scouts: My 14 y.o. step-daughter is camping this weekend at an official girlscout campground, and I told her "don't forget your pocket knife so you can hunt for morels." Well, turns out they aren't allowed to carry pocket knives! Campground rules. So lame.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Congratulations!

Jim
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Congratulations to your son (and to you)! That is a very impressive achievement!
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:32 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:42 pm
JuPaul wrote:

I'm sure that's true. But just an example of my frustration with local g'scouts: My 14 y.o. step-daughter is camping this weekend at an official girlscout campground, and I told her "don't forget your pocket knife so you can hunt for morels." Well, turns out they aren't allowed to carry pocket knives! Campground rules. So lame.
Oh wow, that's disheartening.