Buying habits that harm small businesses

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TenGrainBread

Re: Buying habits that harm small businesses

Post by TenGrainBread »

I agree that it is a low-life thing to do, but I would object to saying that an older generation would never do it and it's the younger generations that do it. There are unscrupulous people in every generation, and while there's probably no statistical data on this practice itself, studies have overwhelmingly shown that there is no meaningful statistical difference in crime rates between generations, just differences in laws, law enforcement, reporting rates, and cultural awareness.
James Y

Post by James Y »

TenGrainBread wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:40 am
I agree that it is a low-life thing to do, but I would object to saying that an older generation would never do it and it's the younger generations that do it. There are unscrupulous people in every generation, and while there's probably no statistical data on this practice itself, studies have overwhelmingly shown that there is no meaningful statistical difference in crime rates between generations, just differences in laws, law enforcement, reporting rates, and cultural awareness.

I fully agree with you that there are lowlifes in every generation who commit all kinds of crimes, and always have been. However, I’m betting that the majority of the people who are doing what the subject of this thread is about, generally fall into the younger category. This is not an indictment of the ‘younger generation’ as a whole. I don’t know if it would be considered an actual crime, but it is selfish, entitled, and unethical.

Jim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

James Y wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 am
it is selfish, entitled, and unethical.

Jim
For a fact.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050