Cooking with a Pressure cooker

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
abbazaba

Re: Cooking with a Pressure cooker

Post by abbazaba »

We use an instapot to cook chicken straight out of the chest freezer almost every week. Frozen chicken to juicy pulled chicken in about 1/2 hour total.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:33 pm
We use an instapot to cook chicken straight out of the chest freezer almost every week. Frozen chicken to juicy pulled chicken in about 1/2 hour total.
I haven't tried cooking frozen in my pressure cooker, yet. I guess I am old fashioned still, even with all of my gadgets. Seems like a real no hassle way to cook, though.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Tonight I cooked something I have never cooked. I cooked some fresh beet root, which I love. I usually buy canned, or get it from a restaurant. My wife was going to try and steam them in a Rube Goldberg contraption she rigged. I got out the pressure cooker and in no time, they were done to perfection. The skins just sort of slipped off as I was trying to remove them. Perfect.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:14 am
the pressure cooker
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:13 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:14 am
the pressure cooker
Hahaha! I have seen that happen in real life with those old pressure cookers that are set on the stove top. I was terrified of this new contraption, but it has appropriate safety (as long as I do not do something stupid like trying to open it under pressure). It even has a manual pressure release valve I can use to get the pressure down quickly if needed.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
OrangeShoes

Post by OrangeShoes »

I've read that pressure cooker can cook breads and cookies? Did anyone of you tried?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

OrangeShoes wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:13 am
I've read that pressure cooker can cook breads and cookies? Did anyone of you tried?
My Philips will bake cakes, that I know. I don't know about bread. I need to look into that. I have a bread maker, though. It has a bake setting so I don't see why it wouldn't bake bread.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, this week I cooked rice. The pressure cooker does better than the rice cooker for that.

I also cooked spaghetti sauce with black and green olives. Fantastic. I turned it on but left the top open a bit, kind of at the side, and browned the meat in a little olive oil (mostly for flavor), black pepper, and salt. When it was done, I added my tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, and etc. and locked the lid in place and let it heat up and pressurize. It only took a few minutes to make sauce that tasted like I had cooked it all day.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050