Spyderco Swap!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DSH007

Re: Spyderco Swap!

Post by DSH007 »

Paying the wife tax on that Zaan?! :squinting-tongue
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:51 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:49 am
I just threw 5 knives up over there...
Paying the wife tax on that Zaan?! :squinting-tongue
Yeaaaaaa...she was not impressed with that one! Not after just getting the 31 with inlays and that Military (she finally caught on that CRK and Spyderco prices are quite different)

Doesn't help I booked us a bed and breakfast get away in Cape Cod for the end of June...I forgot all about that, my credit card bill hasn't come with that one yet. I don't dare tell her I'll cancel that instead :smirk
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Hi vivi, is it possible to get an add on the swap? I pm'd you a day or two ago but I don't know if they're being received.

Thank you
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

I sent a message about two weeks ago on here and Reddit. Never used Reddit before, so I’m not 100% sure I sent it correctly. Has it been that long since the last user update?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!
I just went through and deleted several posts from this thread. The posts included information about offerings on the Spyderco Swap Reddit Group. Posts like those are in violation of our forum rules (No selling, buying, trading, or advertising). Please don't post information about what you're offering or looking for on the Reddit group here. Thanks much for understanding and abiding by our rules here.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:05 am
Hey, everyone!
I just went through and deleted several posts from this thread. The posts included information about offerings on the Spyderco Swap Reddit Group. Posts like those are in violation of our forum rules (No selling, buying, trading, or advertising). Please don't post information about what you're offering or looking for on the Reddit group here. Thanks much for understanding and abiding by our rules here.

Kristi
Ahhh, I'm sorry about that Kristi. I failed to acknowledge the "advertising" part of the rules. I can't get photos to post over there and tried to make it as clear as possible to only be contacted on the Reddit page. But yes, that is clearly advertising and I apologize.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Is the Spyderco swap still open to newer members?
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

I suppose it's possible I've been blocked by a few key players and therefore my posts are invisible.
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Meadowlark wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm
I suppose it's possible I've been blocked by a few key players and therefore my posts are invisible.
Haha. Let us know if you figure it out.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

vivi wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 pm
2. How do I join?

A - Spyderco Swap is hosted on Reddit, so you will need to sign up for their website first. Then you will need to message me on Reddit https://old.reddit.com/user/spydienut/ AND send me a PM here. This lets me verify users are in fact from here, and are who they claim to be. You can use any name you want on Reddit if your username is taken like mine was, since I can set "flair" next to your username to indicate your username here. Example of flair
I am completely new to reddit so I'm not sure but I think I've done the messaging parts correctly. Is there anyway to find out?

I know this is a volunteer gig and this isn't an impatient push to join I just want to be sure I did everything right on my end because it would be like me to message the wrong person or something.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Thanks, vivi.
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Thank you!
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Thanks vivi....cowboyfromhell and scarypibble say hello!
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Thanks, Vivi.
vivi

Post by vivi »

RevMike wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:20 pm
vivi wrote:
2. How do I join?

A - Spyderco Swap is hosted on Reddit, so you will need to sign up for their website first. Then you will need to message me on Reddit https://old.reddit.com/user/spydienut/ AND send me a PM here. This lets me verify users are in fact from here, and are who they claim to be. You can use any name you want on Reddit if your username is taken like mine was, since I can set "flair" next to your username to indicate your username here. Example of flair
I am completely new to reddit so I'm not sure but I think I've done the messaging parts correctly. Is there anyway to find out?

I know this is a volunteer gig and this isn't an impatient push to join I just want to be sure I did everything right on my end because it would be like me to message the wrong person or something.
Gotcha added.

Basically you can message on reddit two ways, a private message or a chat.

Chats work terribly with my browser of choice so if someone sends one they tend to get ignored.

PM's I check usually every day, so I'll get people added faster if they use that.

If anyone has questions about using reddit in general feel free to ask. For example there are multiple versions of the site, the new version and old version. adding old. before the rest of the URL takes you to the better version IMO, which is why the links in this thread have that added.
:unicorn
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

vivi wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:17 pm
RevMike wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:20 pm
vivi wrote:
2. How do I join?

Gotcha added.

Basically you can message on reddit two ways, a private message or a chat.

Chats work terribly with my browser of choice so if someone sends one they tend to get ignored.

PM's I check usually every day, so I'll get people added faster if they use that.

If anyone has questions about using reddit in general feel free to ask. For example there are multiple versions of the site, the new version and old version. adding old. before the rest of the URL takes you to the better version IMO, which is why the links in this thread have that added.
I think I may have messaged the page and not you. I tried again. I must have done it right the second time because it's all good now. Thanks again.

Now I'll figure out how to post because I want a couple knives...
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

vivi wrote:
If anyone has questions about using reddit in general feel free to ask.
So I might have been wrong about figuring it out and I do think I need help... I have tried to make 2 WTB posts and I don't know where they are going. It seems that the threads on the main page are chronological after the first pin. I would think that mine should be on there but they are not. If I click on my name at the top right I can see my posts but it doesn't seem to me that anyone else can.

Is there a form of post approval on? Am I just posting to the wrong place? Am I crazy and other people can see them?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry I'm so bad at this.
vivi

Post by vivi »

RevMike wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:53 am
vivi wrote:
If anyone has questions about using reddit in general feel free to ask.
So I might have been wrong about figuring it out and I do think I need help... I have tried to make 2 WTB posts and I don't know where they are going. It seems that the threads on the main page are chronological after the first pin. I would think that mine should be on there but they are not. If I click on my name at the top right I can see my posts but it doesn't seem to me that anyone else can.

Is there a form of post approval on? Am I just posting to the wrong place? Am I crazy and other people can see them?

Thanks for any help and I'm sorry I'm so bad at this.
I don't see those posts. They should be the first ones here - https://old.reddit.com/r/spydercoswap/new/

there is no approval in place once ive approved your username. individual posts are not filtered.

reddit as a whole does sometimes shadowban people. sometimes site wide, sometimes just certain subs.

if you are shadowbanned it will let you post and everything looks normal, but your upvote / downvote number wom't change and no one will reply to the post or comment.

if you suspect you are shadowbanned in a sub, try making a comment or post then logging out. if you no loner see the post logged out, you've been shadowbanned in that sub.

i have yet to ban anyone from the swap so this shouldn't be the case here. If I can think of any other reason this is happening I'll let you know.

What happens when you submit a post to the swap?
:unicorn
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

vivi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:28 am

i have yet to ban anyone from the swap so this shouldn't be the case here. If I can think of any other reason this is happening I'll let you know.

I thought I was posting those to the swap. Those are the first and only 2 posts I've ever made so I doubt I got banned somehow. It's probably just me doing something wrong. If I click my name at top right I can see my posts there but not in the group.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

RevMike wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:55 am
vivi wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:28 am

I thought I was posting those to the swap. Those are the first and only 2 posts I've ever made so I doubt I got banned somehow. It's probably just me doing something wrong. If I click my name at top right I can see my posts there but not in the group.
I tried again and it worked. I don't think I did anything different from the last time but I guess the results are what matters. Thanks for the help, vivi.