Elgin Baylor- 1934-2021> A Legend of Him Time

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Elgin Baylor- 1934-2021> A Legend of Him Time

Postby JD Spydo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:50 pm

It's my very sad duty to inform all of you of the passing of basketball legend ELGIN BAYLOR who died today. I'm really dating myself on this one. Because I've been a hard core L.A. Lakers fan since the days of Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, and the immortal Jerry West (1960s to early 70s).

Elgin Baylor gained the respect of all his peers and even most of his opponents throughout his playing career. He also worked with other NBA teams as a general manager after his playing career was over. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West were arguably one of the very best duos in Basketball history. The 71-72 Lakers still hold the record of 33 straight consecutive wins and these guys helped make it possible. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West both really made each other's career and will always be remembered in Laker's history. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West both had a true passion for the game and for their team as well.

Elgin Baylor dead at the age of 86. GOD love him and all his teammates. This guy was a real class act.

MacLaren

Re: Elgin Baylor- 1934-2021> A Legend of Him Time

Postby MacLaren » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 pm

R.I.P. Elgin Baylor.
Spydernation #0031

JD Spydo

Postby JD Spydo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 pm
R.I.P. Elgin Baylor.
I encourage any of you who were born after that era with Elgin Baylor and Jerry West to pull up some old Youtube videos of those guys playing together. And when Wilt Chamberlain joined the team they got to another level entirely. Elgin Baylor was indeed one of the L.A. Lakers most classy players. He was doing Jordan-like maneuvers way back in the 60s. He was truly ahead of his time.

I just saw the comments that Jerry West just made about his old teammate to the media. You could tell that Jerry West was truly sad about the news. Both of those guys were just great players and great human beings. If they would have had the 3 point play back in those days both Baylor and West would have tore it up. RIP to one of the best :cool:

MacLaren

Postby MacLaren » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:52 am

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:25 pm
R.I.P. Elgin Baylor.
I encourage any of you who were born after that era with Elgin Baylor and Jerry West to pull up some old Youtube videos of those guys playing together. And when Wilt Chamberlain joined the team they got to another level entirely. Elgin Baylor was indeed one of the L.A. Lakers most classy players. He was doing Jordan-like maneuvers way back in the 60s. He was truly ahead of his time.

I just saw the comments that Jerry West just made about his old teammate to the media. You could tell that Jerry West was truly sad about the news. Both of those guys were just great players and great human beings. If they would have had the 3 point play back in those days both Baylor and West would have tore it up. RIP to one of the best :cool:
Yeah, I was gonna say Joe, that Baylor, West and Chamberlain were all before my time.
I'll try and check it out. I don't doubt ya one bit though.
Spydernation #0031

GiftedMisfit

Postby GiftedMisfit » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:47 am

RIP champ.
:spyder: Jesse :spyder:
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"

Return to “Off-Topic”