Hi all :). Long time no see!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Blerv

Hi all :). Long time no see!

Post by Blerv »

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time, hope you are all well and impulse shopping as always :).

I need to browse the forums and reaccustom myself to the sprints and new models in the works. Seems like a lot of current model refreshes and updates; if it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? As of lately I’ve picked up a Q-ball (love it) and a PM2 Wave. Less for the SD angle than just loving that hollow ground spearpoint. Smooth as can be!

Any buzz about red metal knife scales by chance (copper, bronze, brass)? That was one thing I was hoping for years back but it seemed less a overwhelming demand and more a short-lived fad. I did pick up a copper Space Rayzor from Eddie J Baca and a bronze/CF scaled hawkbill. Check him out on Instagram if you aren’t familiar (I have an account too with the same name). Genuinely A class guy and a long time friend of Bob T. If I could submit a dream collab with Spyderco he’s wayyy on the top. I’ll share some photos of my two Baca knives if I can figure out how forums work again, lol.

Anyways, much love! I’ll poke in occasionally but won’t rack up thousands of silly posts a year...promise!
Mushroom

Re: Hi all :). Long time no see!

Post by Mushroom »

Hey Blerv, welcome back!

You should be able to cover the sprints and new models from Spyderco with relative ease through their reveal catalogs and yearly catalogs but it's when you start trying to keep track of all the different dealer exclusives that it starts to get difficult! The Paramilitary 2 still gets a lot of love. You seem to have found the PM2 wave model but there has also been a tanto exclusive PM2 from BladeHQ and this past Wednesday a wharncliffe exclusive PM2 dropped from CutleryShoppe!

To answer your question about red metal knives, BladeHQ also did an exclusive PM2 with copper scales and REX45. The scales were redesigned and made in house by Spyderco! Personally, I'm dreaming of a copper and REX45 Lil Native! ;)

More info here - https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... y-2--96305

(One of my photos)
-Nick :bug-red
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Hey thanks for the greeting and info!

That’s a fun PM2 :). I’ll keep my eyes peeled for more stuff down the pipe. I have been clicking those emails with the product supplements. Window shopping is always fun.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Blerv wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm
Hey thanks for the greeting and info!

That’s a fun PM2 :). I’ll keep my eyes peeled for more stuff down the pipe. I have been clicking those emails with the product supplements. Window shopping is always fun.
Hey BLERV great to see you back :) . I've been wondering about you and a couple of the other guys who just kind of fell off the radar a while back.

Hey one thing you might immediately want to check out is our thread on bringing back the C-60 Massad Ayoob model. The title is "C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I won't Shut Up" :cool: It's either one page 1 or 2 as we speak. Spyderco gave us the green light on a PE & SE version both of the C-60 model. Those are two new Sprint Run models you most definitely want to add to your collection when it finally arrives>> and I believe it will be sometime around Spring or Summer of this year when it's released>> that's my hunch anyway. You might even want one to EDC with as well.

Hope all has been well with you and there is a lot to chat about.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome back! I'm a fairly new forum member but I've read a lot of your posts from back in the day, and I'm glad you are back. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Howdy Blerv,
Good to see ya back on the mountain ⛰👌
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Hey Blerv, you were missed. Glad to see you back.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hello! Welcome back!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Blerv wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 pm
Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time, hope you are all well and impulse shopping as always :).

I need to browse the forums and reaccustom myself to the sprints and new models in the works. Seems like a lot of current model refreshes and updates; if it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? As of lately I’ve picked up a Q-ball (love it) and a PM2 Wave. Less for the SD angle than just loving that hollow ground spearpoint. Smooth as can be!

Any buzz about red metal knife scales by chance (copper, bronze, brass)? That was one thing I was hoping for years back but it seemed less a overwhelming demand and more a short-lived fad. I did pick up a copper Space Rayzor from Eddie J Baca and a bronze/CF scaled hawkbill. Check him out on Instagram if you aren’t familiar (I have an account too with the same name). Genuinely A class guy and a long time friend of Bob T. If I could submit a dream collab with Spyderco he’s wayyy on the top. I’ll share some photos of my two Baca knives if I can figure out how forums work again, lol.

Anyways, much love! I’ll poke in occasionally but won’t rack up thousands of silly posts a year...promise!

Long time no see, welcome back. :cool:
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Been quite some time blerv glad to see you back.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Welcome back, Blerv!

I had taken a (mostly) 14-year hiatus away from this forum, so our paths may not have crossed here before.

Jim
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Nice to see some familiar and new faces :).
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’ve sworn off “Off-Topic” and, so, rarely do I let my curiosity get the better of me.

It just did and I’m now compelled to break my new rule.

Welcome back, Blerv. Post all this silly posts you want. I’ve missed their light touch.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I always enjoyed your posts, and of course, the Bumble avatar. Welcome back.