Zombie knife

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Zombie knife

Post by Doc Dan »

I saw a couple of articles recently that opined that the COVID vaccine would turn us all into zombies, among other serious (stupid) things. :rolleyes:

So, since we are all going to have our brains eaten by zombies, I thought it would be fun to design and build our own Forum Zombie Knife. :D

First, since this will be, in my opinion, a back up to a firearm, I think the knife should have a 10 to 12 inch blade. Longer would be in the way and shorter would not be sufficient.

Next?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RustyIron

Re: Zombie knife

Post by RustyIron »

Oh, **** no! How many whitewalkers you gonna stop with that little sissy knife?
iu.jpeg
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The Darn Dao should take care of your zombie needs nicely. :)
•• Beau
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

It would, at that! This zombie thing has gotten out of hand and so have the internet trolls talking about the vaccine. Seriously, folks! Get a grip!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I'd probably grab a barong or ginunting for "zombies." Esee Junglas for size reference.
Attachments
barung_03.jpg
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:40 pm
Oh, **** no! How many whitewalkers you gonna stop with that little sissy knife?

iu.jpeg
Haha! We’ve been binge watching GoT .... and no coincidence I’ve just ordered a P4! Shame it doesn’t come in toxic green, yet.

Zombie knives are now actually defined - and banned - in U.K. law, which says all you need to know about knee-jerk (or just jerk, tbh) politicians.

the weapon sometimes known as a “zombie knife”, “zombie killer knife” or “zombie slayer knife”, being a blade with—
(i)a cutting edge;
(ii)a serrated edge; and
(iii)images or words (whether on the blade or handle) that suggest that it is to be used for the purpose of violence.

Hence, if I doodle “KILL ALL ZOMBIES”, albeit in very tiny writing (hence it’s usual abbreviation to H-1), on my Ladybug HB, I could get 4 years! :D
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

That is seriously crazy. Maybe there are zombies making the laws. :D :D

A Cold Steel Chinese War Sword would make a good blade, but it is too big to carry as a back up to my rocket launcher.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

The logic of politicians, especially british politicians, continues to astound. I know my country has problems, but being told I can't carry a knife because it has a lock or has too long a blade ain't one of em! And I can carry my pistol as well...

However, in the wake of a Zombie Apocolypse, I don't think a firearm should be your first line of defense. You have to think about conserving ammo. I would go with a bow and arrow, or cross bow, for the first weapon. You can make new arrows if you need to, and retrieve used arrows. Second would be a warhammer or pole hammer/axe of some kind. Heavy, crushing weapon. Third, a sword of some kind. Made of 5160 probably, something like the Zombie Tools apokatana, Diphos, or Hellion. Maybe a Kabar War Sword. And last a firearm.

Just my thoughts. You definietely don't want to be close if you can help it. But you don't want to use up all your ammo when you don't know when or where you will get more.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Stopping the undead is likely to represent a different challenge than our forebears faced, fighting each other. I wouldn’t gamble on being able to stun a zombie.

Dismemberment at at least arms length might be necessary, so if the Ladybug doesn’t work I’m guessing a long handled sword like the Samurai Nagamaki might be the ticket.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

If a person is still walking around after death, what makes you think anything short of running them through a woodchipper is going to stop them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I’ll take a cheap 18” Ontario machete, a Glock 19 and 10.5 inch AR15.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Definitely the Apokatana. One of my guys gave me one a couple years ago.

https://zombietools.net/products/the-apokatana

The maker's website is hilarious and definitely worth reading through. Some of the zombie apocalypse quips are real gems.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:05 pm

The maker's website is hilarious and definitely worth reading through. Some of the zombie apocalypse quips are real gems.
Seriously jealous. Maybe one of these days I can convince the wife to let me get one... Haha!

Some people may be turned off by their shtick, but there's no denying the quality of their blades. Watched a video where they put one through everything, including a car hood, and it took a lot of abuse before destruction. It's like they looked at Lynn Thompson and Cold Steel and said "hold my beer!"
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

TomAiello wrote:

Excellent!! There’s a few there that might work; I particularly like that Reaper 3 - it’s exactly what I imagine I would need against the zombie hoard. All I will need is a few weeks notice of the apocalypse so I can order in good time.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Out of those, I would choose the Reaver Cleaver. I’d rather have a weapon ideal for hacking off zombie heads/arms, etc., than try to run them through with the tip of a sword, and have them still reaching and biting at me while I’m trying to free my sword.

It looks like the tester in the first vid has a PM2 clipped in his pocket. And maybe a second one on his left side. :)

https://youtu.be/ZAPQy0HKHzs

https://youtu.be/vqwdACk6V4Y

Jim
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

James Y wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:50 pm
It looks like the tester in the first vid has a PM2 clipped in his pocket. And maybe a second one on his left side. :)
I think they're legitimate knife guys who decided that zombie tools was their niche. So a PM2 wouldn't surprise me at all.
James Y

Post by James Y »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm
James Y wrote:
I think they're legitimate knife guys who decided that zombie tools was their niche. So a PM2 wouldn't surprise me at all.

TBH, I’d actually like to own one of those Reaver Cleavers myself, at some point.

Jim
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TomAiello wrote:

A katana is the absolute way to go! There's no arguing that Michonne is the most BA character on the Walking Dead. :p
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

James Y wrote:
Out of those, I would choose the Reaver Cleaver. I’d rather have a weapon ideal for hacking off zombie heads/arms, etc., than try to run them through with the tip of a sword, and have them still reaching and biting at me while I’m trying to free my sword.

https://youtu.be/ZAPQy0HKHzs

https://youtu.be/vqwdACk6V4Y

Jim
Ok, so after watching those...who else reeealy wants one of those now??!! :D
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Plus, it's designed for use in the cabin of a firefly class spaceship. Says so right on the label.