Anyone Play Sniper Elite 4?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

Re: Anyone Play Sniper Elite 4?

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:36 pm
demoncase wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 am
I just reloaded this on my X-Box.
I tend to use the DeLisle Carbine as it makes every shot silenced

Get the Kill Hitler DLC, set in a u-boat base.
You get achievements for each replay with a different method of wasting him: so far I have (variously):
-Shot him through the testicles
-Dropped a U-boat on him
-Squashed him with the giant Eagle behind his podium
-Put an anti-tank mine in his escape boat
-booby-trapped his dinner so it blew up in his face
-shot the grenade on the webbing of one of his Fallscrimjager bodyguards.

Playing it on Hard or higher is a real challenge: you have wind and range adjustment to judge plus the enemy are really bright.
What tools do they give you to calculate a solution?

Does the game get to the point where you MUST calculate a solution, or is it a low end game?

If you play on authentic plus you have to make your own calculations for range and wind.

I play on hard mode so it's like having a spotter, more real world really IMO.

And with the top end sniper scopes these days they actually do the calculations in scope. But we are talking real money here for those.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Ankerson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:04 pm
If you play on authentic plus you have to make your own calculations for range and wind.

And with the top end sniper scopes these days they actually do the calculations in scope. But we are talking real money here for those.
OK! I have a better idea what you are doing now. I have a gaming system, but no games. I just wanted a fast system that would not be out of date in 3yrs.

But, maybe I could get in to this.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:04 pm

OK! I have a better idea what you are doing now. I have a gaming system, but no games. I just wanted a fast system that would not be out of date in 3yrs.

But, maybe I could get in to this.

It's worth it and a blast to play.

I play on hard mode (Sniper Elite mode)

And with the all the Multi-Player and COOP options plus the DLC and the main campaign is a real blast.

I really enjoy the COOP Survival missions.

There are different skill levels you can play.

Cadet, Normal, Sniper Elite (Hard), Authentic, and Authentic Plus.

14 Missions with the DLC, then the Multi-Player and COOP missions on top of that.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Man, I love this game. I played through coop on Xbox with my older brother, and we just recently picked it back up to play some of the DLC. I'm only somewhere around level 30. I also recently picked up Sniper Elite 3 and Sniper Elite v2 Remastered. Haven't played them yet though. I bet this game would be fun to play on a PC with mouse/keyboard - do you play it through Steam or some other platform?
--Jeremy
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

kerrcobra wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:14 pm
Man, I love this game. I played through coop on Xbox with my older brother, and we just recently picked it back up to play some of the DLC. I'm only somewhere around level 30. I also recently picked up Sniper Elite 3 and Sniper Elite v2 Remastered. Haven't played them yet though. I bet this game would be fun to play on a PC with mouse/keyboard - do you play it through Steam or some other platform?

Steam on PC. :cool:

The Graphics are awesome on PC also.

I have 100% completion, all collectables in the game, including DLCs.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Another video, but showing in game performance with the OSD in the upper left corner.

It's at 1440P, but at 1.5X or 4K details.

https://youtu.be/cbFYL_ZwuzA
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Survival COOP, Facility map all 12 Waves done SOLO. Did it very early in the AM so nobody came by to help out.

Long video, 3 hours, you can just fast forward past the boring parts.

https://youtu.be/wcl1UnAhuEU
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Just picked up this game for the Switch. I'm not sure what's different, if anything. Going to give it a go tonight, probably a little rusty when it comes to fps games. I used to play all the Rainbow 6 games, started with the PS1 when they first came out. The more recent stuff just hasn't been holding my attention like the old games. I play a few hours and lose interest like Battlefield 1&5. This will be my first console game in a while. The bulk of my games are PC but some are PS4. My brother gave me his PS4 when he moved and if it wasn't for my wife liking Mario I wouldn't have the Switch.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:04 pm
Just picked up this game for the Switch. I'm not sure what's different, if anything. Going to give it a go tonight, probably a little rusty when it comes to fps games. I used to play all the Rainbow 6 games, started with the PS1 when they first came out. The more recent stuff just hasn't been holding my attention like the old games. I play a few hours and lose interest like Battlefield 1&5. This will be my first console game in a while. The bulk of my games are PC but some are PS4. My brother gave me his PS4 when he moved and if it wasn't for my wife liking Mario I wouldn't have the Switch.

Have fun and don't expect it to be easy. :D
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I haven't had time for any games in a couple decades. Reading this thread makes me wonder what the latest will be once I have time again (probably 6 or 7 years from now, once my kids are out of the house).

I was really into some games in my teens and early 20's. But life happens.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Joshcrutchley1 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Ideally go through the campaign while getting the upgrades for the weapons etc.

The missions get harder as you progress so getting the weapon upgrades will help.

Being quiet is the key in this game or you will get overwhelmed quickly.

Then once you do all of that then going into the COOP Survival will be somewhat easier.

This game is not BF4 or COD or games like that, you will die and quick in this game, the AI is good in this game. That's at any hardness level above Cadet, there is a huge difference in Cadet and the harder modes like Sniper Elite Hard and above. There are snipers in Survival mode that can take you down to all most no heath from full heath in one shot.

I see it all the time in the Survival matches, they do not last very long believe me.

People need to put in the hours, that means a lot of hours into the maps if they want to be successful.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Here is a guide to upgrading the weapons, used the Carcano for the example. All of the weapons will be different, this is just an example on how to get the Mastery Skin, all upgrades.

https://youtu.be/ysxeNd-XmAo
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Hmmm... might have to pick this up for Switch. I like the idea of a slower-paced FPS game, especially with beautfiul, expansive open worlds. It's on my watchlist, maybe it'll go on sale soon.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 pm
Hmmm... might have to pick this up for Switch. I like the idea of a slower-paced FPS game, especially with beautfiul, expansive open worlds. It's on my watchlist, maybe it'll go on sale soon.

The campaign is slower paced as long as one takes their time and stays quiet and stealthy.

Now the Survival Modes however are not, quite the opposite actually. :D

But with the same AI and the Waves get harder from Wave 1 through 12.

With Snipers, different German Soldiers with varying weapons along with heath and durability along with killing power things get interesting. Then there are the Vehicles, tanks, armored cars and halftracks all have various things. Then there are the Artillery strikes....
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ok Anderson, I did it - bought the base game for Switch. Playing through the first level tonight, I quite enjoy this. Not quite as immersive as say COD, but I enjoy the slow pace and high tension. Thanks for the recommendation! If I enjoy the campaign, I'll buy the expansions.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:44 pm
Ok Anderson, I did it - bought the base game for Switch. Playing through the first level tonight, I quite enjoy this. Not quite as immersive as say COD, but I enjoy the slow pace and high tension. Thanks for the recommendation! If I enjoy the campaign, I'll buy the expansions.
Great. :)

Glad you are enjoying it, have fun.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Here is an example of how things can get in the Survival Mode.

Extreme example, but interesting how it can get.

I only recorded the last 4 WAVES to keep it short.

https://youtu.be/wzpVP4F4aHk&t=297s
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

kennethsime wrote:

Checking back in on how you are doing with the game.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ankerson wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm
kennethsime wrote:

Steadily progressing, but man, it's stressful haha. I have to limit myself to one level per day, both because of work + family commitments and because I can only spend so much time gritting my teeth on the edge of my seat! Assassin's Creed is the only other stealth game I've played much of, but AC is kind of centered on making you feel like a badass who can fight his way out of any situation. Definitely a nice change of pace.

Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm
kennethsime wrote:

Steadily progressing, but man, it's stressful haha. I have to limit myself to one level per day, both because of work + family commitments and because I can only spend so much time gritting my teeth on the edge of my seat! Assassin's Creed is the only other stealth game I've played much of, but AC is kind of centered on making you feel like a badass who can fight his way out of any situation. Definitely a nice change of pace.

I hear you, I just finished going through all the main Campaign missions on Authentic mode, went through the 1st time on Hard Mode.

Took me about 2 weeks or so, did one mission here and there, 8 missions so.

Figured I may as well do it. :)